T Nation

Fat Guy in a Little Coat- Powerlifting Log

Nice job, you sick piece of man meat. Now heal up, so you can do a full meet! :slight_smile:

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
well… just got back from the meet. I opened with 460- three whites… very easy. took 495 as my second attempt, half way i felt something pullng under my right pec where i injured it a couple weeks ago. needless to say the left arm flew up but the right didn’t. took the same weight for my third but same thing only more pain this time.

460 was still 30lbs over the state record and enough to take first place in the 275 open division.

time to heal up fully now. [/quote]

Nice job Meat! Take care of that pec.

Good work Meat

rest up come back better

kmc

Good lift. Rest up now. Does healing up fully mean you’ll stop all chest work or just change the way you’re hitting it?

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Good lift. Rest up now. Does healing up fully mean you’ll stop all chest work or just change the way you’re hitting it?[/quote]

i’ll just be switching things up and working back up to the heavy stuff.

thanks.

bench 460 injured…
set a new record injured…
can’t imagine you healthy

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
bench 460 injured…
set a new record injured…
can’t imagine you healthy[/quote]

thanks bro…

i’m stepping back now and setting my sights on the Worlds later this year. I’m going to do a better job of cycling my training to lessen the chance of injury. I’m pretty accident prone so i need help.

I’m going to ease into this first cycle with some bodybuilding sort of stuff to get the blood flow’n with higher reps.

i’m also building a deadlift platform tomorrow for my gym. i’m making it so that i can use bands on it. i’ve never used bands so i’m really looking forward to it.

Congratulations, Meat, that’s a great push. Heal hard for the Worlds!
ol

Good job buddy. Hope your feeling better.

tonight was the maiden voyage into using bands. it went really well. I went with the reverse band bench with heavy bands. I’ll do a four week cycle of these and close grips and then see where i’m at.

Reverse band bench with Heavy bands
315x10
405x6
495x6
585x3x3

close grip bench-paused with heavy reverse bands
405x5
495x3
455x4,4,4

cybex machine bench press-neutral grip

3 drop sets x 2 sets- some for some

hawt abz machine

some for 3 sets of 30 reps

back on the horse…

Nice form on the band bench, man you make it look effortless. Good to see ya back at her hoss

Meat, you have to check out Bigjames on this forum. His numbers are crazy like yours.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Meat, you have to check out Bigjames on this forum. His numbers are crazy like yours.[/quote]

i just checked out his log. yeah… that’s one big dude. his profile says hes 5’9" at 330. I’m 5’9" at 280. i’ve been 300 but i felt like i was going to literally die. i couldn’t imagine being 330 at my height.

I’m not sure but I think Mr. Bigg decided a while back to slim down a bit.

ecogenx wrote:
Meat, you have to check out Bigjames on this forum. His numbers are crazy like yours.

i just checked out his log. yeah… that’s one big dude. his profile says hes 5’9" at 330. I’m 5’9" at 280. i’ve been 300 but i felt like i was going to literally die. i couldn’t imagine being 330 at my height.

[/quote]

I meant his bench/squat/deadlift numbers.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
ecogenx wrote:

I meant his bench/squat/deadlift numbers are crazy like yours are. [/quote]

i saw that too… his equipped numbers looked pretty good. i’ve had fleeting thoughts as to what i could put up with gear.

i’ve had fleeting thoughts as to what i could put up with gear.
[/quote]
Cheater.

[quote]Modi wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
i’ve had fleeting thoughts as to what i could put up with gear.

Cheater.[/quote]

i’m a cheater in my mind:)

this was my first day squatting in a long time. my chest hurt but it didn’t get unbearable. it was also my first time doing reverse band box squats. these were awesome!! i can’t believe i haven’t tried these before.

reverse band box squats with blue strong bands

315x10
405x6
495x4
585x3x3

leg press- close stance, knees not locked out at top.

8plates x 20,25,30

abzz and HGR’s supersetted

some for some x 3sets

glad to have some weight on my shoulders again.

Glad your feeling better.You look real strong!