Fat Gut or Anterior Pelvic Tilt?

I got tired looking like a pregnant man. I have a huge gut as you can see, i thought it was APT, i have been doing streches daily for almost a year now but to no avail. And dont think that’s all fat. I weight 94kg @ 188cm height, I have a friend who is 104 kg @ 190cm he is obese, (BF% well above 20), He has a of stomach fat,but still my gut is bigger than his. So what am I supposed to do, diet down or keep streching?

What in the actual fuck…?

1 Like

You have a gut. And maybe a little APT, but it doesn’t look bad from your pics, and it certainly isn’t the thing to focus on. Different people carry fat in different places. You carry a fair amount in your stomach. The fact that you can suck it in pretty well and make it “disappear” is partly because you’re tall, and you’ve got a lot of surface area to suck it into.

Also, fyi, stretching isn’t going to do much for pelvic positioning. Strengthening through weight training will. Read up what Bret Contreras has to say on it it (on this website and elsewhere).

So you are saying that, most of it is visceral fat? Because when I touch my belly I can feel the muscle about 5mm behind the fat layer.

And about the stretching, I mostly strech hip flexor, 1-2 times a day because I have to sit almost all day long.

I can’t tell you if it is visceral fat, but because it’s in your belly, there’s a real good chance that you have a fair amount of visceral fat. The one redeemable thing about visceral fat is that it isn’t too hard to lose. Do some soul searching on your diet, figure out what isn’t making your life better, and cut it out. Also, I think I read that consistent HIIT lowers visceral fat remarkably well. I’m not a doctor or a PT though, so make sure you do your research.

Found this from an article… Might be helpful.

Go beyond weight tracking. You can track your waist, hip and even neck circumference in the app. Use this feature to see how your measurements change over time as you lose weight.

Sweat for 30-60 minutes each day. Visceral fat responds well to regular endurance exercises, such as running, biking, rowing, swimming, that elevate your heart rate. As your body uses fat to fuel exercise, it’ll start using up your visceral stores.

Eat a well-balanced diet. Eat a diet high in whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean protein with calories set for gradual weight loss (e.g. about 1-2 pounds per week). Cut way back on added sugars and alcohol since these nutrients will more likely end up as visceral fat.

Sleep more, stress less. It’s easier said than done, but in order to take care of your physical body, you have to take care of your mental state. Sleep loss and stress can sabotage your health and fitness goals, so learn more about getting a quality night’s rest and use meditation or yoga to calm your mind. Remember, it’s not just about your health; it’s about your happiness, too.

Some pretty sound advice. And of course include a regiment for heavy weight training. More muscle will help burn fat.