T Nation

Fat Fast With Refeeds?

I need to lose about 10 lbs of fat in 3 weeks to get my bodyfat down to 5%. Would fat fast with refeeds every 3-4 days be the best way to do this? Would it be best to refeed more often?

My stats right now: 6’4", 222lbs, 8% bodyfat.

Every 3 to 4 days should work quite nicely. I’d do double cardio (morning HIIT and afternoon/evening moderate) the two days after the overfeed. Have you checked out the CD/EDT article over on Christian’s forum?

Take care,

Joel

Sounds good, I will check out that article. Thanks for the reply, I’m hoping for the best.

maximum
10lbs of fat in three weeks?
3.33lbs per week of out and out fat.
going to be real tough to do unless you drop kcal really low…i would say forget the refeeds until the last week if at all possible

if you are on exogenous substances please excuse me, but that is an absurd amount of pure fat to lose in three weeks time

Vain.

I totally concur with you Vizzy. 10 pounds in three weeks may not be hard for someone in the 20% bf range, but it is damn near impossible to do naturally at that low body fat.

I do agree with Joel though, that the best way to do it is with the Cheater’s Diet style workout with refeeds every 3-4 days. I believe Joel’s results show about 6 pounds of fat loss on average in the 18 days. I would say you have to be at least on Mag-10, if not something stronger and illegal.

Good luck to you.

Beamuh

It’s not really all that absurd, that’s practically average results for people on the Cheater’s Diet (3 lbs a week of fat). Obviously, you’ll need to be on an androgen, but I didn’t state that because I thought it to be common sense.

And as far as skipping the refeeds for first two weeks; at your body fat %, you might as well forget about achieving your goal in that time frame if you dont.

I’m down 7 lbs. and it hasn’t even been 2 weeks. I’m sure some of it is glycogen/water but by the end of 2 weeks I expect ~10 lbs. w/ 7 lbs. of it fat loss.