Fat Fast Support Group (Version 3.0)

Sorry. I meant that to go to MC. My web browser has auto complete turned on and kept MS in the post.

12 cups of coffee, decaf? Any sugestions on how to done three cans of Salmon, I can not eat Tuna or Salmon unless prepared in Fat Free Mayo and Relish.

Any sugestions on supplements, 12 cups of coffee probably replcaes MD6? I was going to use MD6, Power Drive, and Myostat. I have yet to purchase the Power Drive, would his throw of the diet, is there sugar added?

I am going to eat the salmon straight out of the can. I’m going to attemt to divide it over 6 meals. I took the new formula of MD6 for twelve weeks and am in week 2 of cycling off with the old formula MD6 and I added the 5-HTTP. It doesn’t work as well as the 5-HTTP in the new formula MD6 for killing the cravings for carbs but I will be back on the new formula this weekend. I started taking Myostat and 4 AD eight days ago. I will take the Myostat for at least two months and the 4 AD I haven’t decided whether to cycle off to Methoxy after two weeks or four but it will probably be four. I’m taking the T2 Pro also. I haven’t tried power drive and don’t know the ingredients. What is the carbohydrate content of Power Drive? From what I have read the Power Drive would make the dieting easier because you will be more alert and have more energy. The coffee is caffinated. It gets me through my morning workout and workday but by five pm my system will come to a complete crash. But hey…it’s only three weeks. The relish sounds good. I suppose you could eat the salmon of celery or wrapped in lettuce also.

im new to this but I figure what the hell I should give it a shot. I am 6’0 250 and despite a nice beer belly I do 1/2 ironman distance triathlons seasonly. I am new to the world of dieting but I need to drop some serious weight and do it fast. Can anyone please in simple english provide me with what I need besides the flax and the protien to make this diet work. I treid the flax oil this morning and threw it up. I guess that after throwing up for 21 days one should lose some inches but there must be an easier way to do this. So please sombody emaill me (haninball@hotmail.com) with what I should be doing and what I should be taking to make this diet work.

cheers

Scott

Flax seed oil can be rancid when ingested alone. I find easy to ingest mixed with a protein shake. Mixed with Metamucil and Chasteberry isn’t too bad. Hope that helps.

Day 8: Progress! Hooray! Weighed in at 202.4 lbs or 92 kgs. That’s 7 pounds off! Only 22.4 lbs to go! Waist down to 39.5 from 41. I don’t expect losses this great from now on…but am aiming for 3-4 lbs a week. Chest and arm measurements are the same. Went to gym yesterday after a 10 day lay off and did it suck…I seemed to have lost a bit of strength and could barely keep my energy levels up to complete the workout. I’m hoping that this will disappear or reduce workout by workout as my body adjusts to lifting again. And, am taking md6 no later than 4 pm and am taking second dose of tribex at about 6 pm. I actually had a good night’s sleep for a change.

To the beer-gutted triathlete: Buy the best tasting protein you can afford. For me that’s biotest but YMMV. Make your protein shake. Now add your flax oil to the shake directly and continue to blend/mix. If that still tastes vile, make sure your flax oil is from a good source. I buy mine online at naturesdistributors.com for around $9 for 16 oz and it comes in fresh and tastes nice. If you are buying yours locally, make sure it is coming from a fridge in the store. If it’s just sitting on the shelf, you can assume it’s rancid. I will stop getting my flax through the mail during the summer months for this reason but I have a health food store nearby that does a brisk business in flax so the stuff I get is pretty fresh and comes right from a fridge… Hope this helps.

Anyone recommend a way to do a “fat fast” with the supplement being an EC stack? Would you keep half the calories from fat and half from protein and then increase the calories. Or maybe do the fat fast and include a carb day every week.

Scott: if you’re having trouble with the flax, try blending it into your shakes. i also invested in a few bottles of da vinci sugar free syrup (atkins has a line of them, too) and i add them to my shakes. peach, strawberry, caramel…anything for a little variety. definitely kills any taste of flax.

another way to get your flax, if you don’t have any sodium/water retention issues, is with some tuna. i blend a can of tuna, a tablespoon of flax oil, some dried italian seasonings salad dressing mix and some balsamic vinegar in a bowl. mix and eat. no flax taste at all, and it’s a better fat than mayo.

i know brock recommends having most of your oils come in the form of efas, but more than 2T of flax a day and i get some unpleasant stomach discomfort. the rest of my fats come from whole eggs, beef and a little bit of cheese.

also, to those experiencing discouraging weight fluctations, not to be too graphic, but i have started tracking in my food log how often and, um, how thoroughly i “clean the pipes.” sometimes i’ll feel like i’ve stalled but then realize i just need to up my fiber consumption.

cravings are really hard today. can’t wait for freeday. i want an entire pineapple.

Day 38 - I’m down to 7% bodyfat at 195 lbs. This is the fourth time I’ve done a ketogenic diet and this time is the best by far in terms of lean mass preservation. To those of you who are contemplating diets which only include protein and flax, or just salmon, I think you should reconsider. There really isn’t a good reason to torture yourself like that. It’s true that there are a lot of things you can’t eat while on this diet, but you can still choose from a good variety of protein sources. I’ve been using eggs, bacon, chicken breasts, protein powder, salmon, tuna, and beef, and turkey burgers. If my source of protein is lean, I add flax or fish oil capsules. If the protein is high in fat, I may not add anything or just a little cheese. Good luck everyone!

fantastic results, Energy!

how much longer to you anticipate staying on the diet? and what’s your strategy for coming off it?

good job! you’re inspiring!

I’m planning on ending the diet May 17, which will be 47 days total. I had not originally planned on staying on it this long, but since I have actually gained lbm, I’ve decided to stay on until my bf% goal is reached. When I come off I’m going to add ~450 calories to my daily intake which will bring me up to 1900/day. Each week I’ll add another 400 calories until I reach 3100/day. During my first week off I’ll be using a 50/25/25 pro/carb/fat ratio, but I’ll slowly change this so that it will be 40/30/30 by the time I get to 3100 calories.

Energy…I could be missing something, but isn’t going from 0% carbs to 25% carbs right away just asking for rebound fat gain? I think I’d only go up by maybe 10% per week (and even less than that if you are bumping up calories at the same time), but you know your body better than me. When I tried a drastic jump like that, I had rebound fat gain, and my cravings went through the roof. Good Luck!

Matt, you may be right about that. However, I’m not going from zero carbs to 25% all at once. I stated this before (several posts up the thread) that I’m using Surge post-workout. So I am getting 50 grams of carbs on workout days. At 1900 calories, 25% comes out to 118.5 grams per day. On workout days I think I could handle this amount, but your post got me thinking about dropping down to 20% on non-training days. When coming off these diets before, I’ve never been too strict about what I’ve ate, mostly because I was absolutely STRARVING for a pizza and some ice cream. In spite of that, I’ve never had a problem with gaining a bunch of weight back right away. This time though I feel much better during the diet (maybe because of the Surge) so I’m going to do a better job segueing back into some carbohydrate consumption.

Sounds like you have it figured out. Let me know how it goes. I’m going to go on a fat fast in 3 weeks, and am trying to figure out how to transition off. Right now, this is the plan:
T-Dawg for 3 weeks (current)
fat fast for 4 weeks
T-Dawg for 3 weeks
Transition to Don’t Diet/Massive Eating…

Day 15: Another loss of 2 lbs–down to 201 from 210. Not great progress, but I really messed up on the weekend and it wasn’t until today did I see a drop below last Wednesday’s weigh in. Must try and focus on the weekends and avoid temptation to avoid the two steps forward and then one step backwards.

Energy–only two more days for you! You’ve made fantastic progess! You’re almost there dude! How is it going? How about everyone else?

I’m going to do the fat fast with real food and protein/flax, only im starting at higher cals sinces the only supplement I have is an EC stack. I don’t have a lot of muscle to begin with, so I might see what happens if I drop cals to to the fat fast level. I will also be consuming a post workout shake of about 24 carbs. How is everybody training? 5X5 and cardio? I currently do cardio 4-5 times a week and am sticking to low rep, heavy lifting. I’d continue with the T-dawg style diet, but I’ve got a deadline in about 3 weeks. Don’t want to get a week away and realize that I still have a few pounds to go.

my first cycle is almost over–week off, then back to it again. i’ve lost about ten pounds in four weeks. i’m satisfied so far.

i’m planning on dropping my supplements for my free week (right now i’m taking methoxy, md6, glutamine, creatine, zma). does this sound wise? should i add ALA? thanks for the input.

Hey Everybody,
This is a stupid question for everyone, but I am new to this forum, what is this FAT FAST program. Where can I find the guidlines?
I recently had surgery on a Broken back and am just starting to get back to the gym. I was 250lbs before surgery, lost 40lbs pre-op (due to infections and other complications), now I have started to put that weight back on quickly, and too quickly for it to be muscle.

day 45: bf-6.5%, bodyweight - 192. I may have lost some muscle this week and the fat lost has slowed down. I’m done Friday though, so it’s pretty good timing. Will post final results on monday after a little carb up.