Seeing as so many people are doing this, I would like to offer my free advice once again. 1. It is best not to just eat MRP’s and oil. Eat whole healthy foods as much as possible as they take more calories to burn and taste better.
2. Eat as much spinach, romaine lettuce, and other vegetables with few carbs other than fiber as possible. This has a good effect on health and is good to burn calories and it tastes good while on this diet.
3. Do not do the Fat Fast as outlined in T-Mag unless you are on legal or illegal steroids.
4. For those of you who are not on steroids, only go to 80-90% of your maintenance instead of 60% of your maintenance calories.
5. For those not on steroids, it is less effective to do a straight ketogenic diet. You should have one carb up meal every week, and one carb up day for every two weeks. So end of week one you would have a carb up meal, and at the end of week two you would carb up for a full day. Dont eat fat on these days though.
6. For those not on steroids, work out all of your muscle groups before you go back into ketosis. This is where full-body workouts are good. You do not want to workout while in ketosis as it wastes muscle.
7. For those not on steroids, do not do hard aerobics while in ketosis; this will waste muscle. Instead do slow aerobics and little things throughout the day which will up your metabolism. For example, standing instead of sitting will not burn muscle, but sprinting instead of walking will.
8. Drink as much water as possible.
9. Dont use creatine while in ketosis; it will just be wasted. It is good to use it during the carb-up however.
10. Do not do a hardcore mass gaining cycle after you finish. Carb up for a day with non-fat foods, and then shift to an iso-caloric diet eating fibrous carbs, healthy fats and protein for at least three weeks before you try and gain on the scales again. If you go straight into eating 5000 calories a day after being in ketosis for a few weeks you will just get fat.
I guess most of you already know that this is just the CKD plan. But, the straight fat fast plan will not work unless you take steroids and I would think even with steroids carbing up at least once every two weeks would be a good idea.