Fat Fast questions

I know there are articles and past support groups, but I have some questions concerning which I was unable to find direct answers and/or consensus in the forums and articles. First, I had a bout of terrible cramping last night–is this related to the diet, which I jsut started? Second, I have added in a few raw spinach leaves and/or lettuce–will this harm the diet? Third, some people suggest that creatine works wonders on this diet, others say it is a waste, anyone have any authoritative answer on this? Foruth, some say to avoid any hiit cardio and others to do only this sort of cardio…

Hey, there, floobadoo!!!

High protein intake and a reduction of carbs many times increases calcium requirements. If you are not currently supplementing with calcium, that is probably the solution to your problem and will correct the cramping you are experiencing.

On the other hand, if you are supplementing with calcium currently and experiencing cramping, there is a possibility that calcium intake is too HIGH, relative to magnesium intake. The solution here would be to increase mangesium intake (the two minerals compete for uptake in the gut) or add lecithin to your diet, which also competes with calcium for uptake in the gut.

Even though you might think that spinach is a good source of calcium, the type of calcium found in spinach is not particularly bioavailable. Bioavailability of spinach is only 5%. If you were to get 244mg of calcium in portion of spinach, the body would only receive 12mg of calcium it could utilize out of said portion.

Re HIIT, it’s a type of cardio that requires sufficient glycogen (carbs stored in the muscles) stores. If you are on a low-carb diet (which Fat Fast is), save the HIIT for somewhere down the road, after you’re done with Fat Fast. Stick with steady-state cardio at a level of intensity that you can handle (65% to 75 or 80% of MHR) for at least one-half hour in duration.

Fat Fast is not an easy diet and has a high dropout rate. Stick with it for as long as you can, but make sure you have a Plan B like T-Dawg 2.0, which will get you fabulous results with virtually no hunger or feelings of deprivation (at least compared to Fat Fast).

Good luck, and if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Hold in there Floo!!! ill be with you soon, in fact for spiritual reason and lent I have been fasting (first time ever) for 48hours now, only had water and or Juice. My Fast Fat products should be here this week sometime, then im in with ya!

I’m still sticken with this diet. Mostly it does not seem that bad, but I have has a few cravings, which get really bad, and if food had been near enough to me at those times, it is hard for me to say if I would have resisted. I may have to go off the diet one day two weeks from now (visiting relatives who would not understand my not eating with them),but if I prepare ahead, I can use that as some sort of planned carb-up or something. It is hard to guage results when I look in the mirror-sometimes my gut is protruding and full of water–I guess like those dying ethiopian kids, and other times I look much more ripped.

Ok cool! Well tommorrow will be 72 hours for me with NO food! hahah only water. Im hanging tough, them im going to be starting the Fat Fast diet right on top of it. Cant wait, to lose my 15lbs of flab…