fat fast, need some help

Hey guys, here’s the current situation.
I’m 24, 6’1, 255 at 25% bodyfat, and I’ve been lifting since i was 17. I want to give Fat Fast a go for four weeks, but after reviewing the plan, and seeing how Chris Shugart even said it needs to be updated in the new diet manifesto, I need to make some changes.
So here is my plan, tell me what you all think. Since my LBM is 192 lbs., that’s what i’m basing my caloric intake of off instead of pounds of bodyweight. I’m going to take 4ad-ec for the duration of the 4 week fat fast. I was thinking calories should be about 1900 per day? I’m not sure if i should drop lower, or go higher for fat fast. I am also going to add some carbs, in the form of fiber-psyll; 2 scoops will give me 30 grams of fiber per day. For the duration of this diet, my usuall PWO drink will take a backseat, but I will be bringing a whey protein shake with no carbs in it, I’ll sip on half during the workout, and finish the other half after the workout. I’m also only going to do low intensity cardio during this time period. For weight training I’ll do either what brock outlined in the original program or a straight up 5x5 routine. After the four weeks is up, I’ll switch to T-Dawg 2.0, with overfeeds incorporated, along with heavy low-rep weight training and HIIT. You’re all very knowledgable on here, so I’m willing to listen to everyones advice, I’m sure I can learn alot. Thanks for reading guys.
-Greg
P.S. When is an updated version of Fat Fast coming out? Maybe you could fill us in Shugs?

I also forgot to add I’ll be using Hot Rox.
-Greg

It looks like a good plan.

I’ve done the fat fast and got some good results from it, though I don’t think I’ll be going that route again in the near future.

The increased calories will slow your fat loss somewhat but will be much more muscle sparing. It will also allow you some more protein during the diet.

The 4-ad-ec will help with muscle sparing, I used methoxy but only because I’m Canadian and it’s hard to get pro-hormones up here. I think it’s a good choice while dieting.

On the topic of the PWO shake, the whey itself will cause enough of an insulin spike to aid in protein uptake however you may find that some small amount of carbs ~50g with the shake will do a great deal to aid in muscle sparing. Plus at 50g of carbs you’re still easily within ketosis so that’s not a concern, plus of course ketosis is really a transitory state.

It should also be mentioned that cycling your calories through the addition of carbs will help with leptin regulation and thus will make the metabolic slowdown less pronounced, you could also go with a carb overfeed every 4-7 days if you wanted. The benefits of both of these options outway the extra calories you’ll be taking in because of them.

I hope this helps, let us know if there’s anything else.

STU

Hey Stu, thanks for your reply. I am wondering if maybe I should just do Fat Fast for two weeks to jumpstart things, then go into T-Dawg 2.0. If i chose to only to Fat Fast for two weeks, I would use Mag 10. what do you think?
-Greg

I think it’s up to you.

If you do the fat fast for two weeks it will work well to take you into a ketogenic state and increase your insulin sensitivity for the latter phases. Whether you do it for two or four weeks will really depend on you.

Personally I think it would be a better plan to try the fat fast for four weeks at the level you mentioned with the inclusion of post workout shakes and scheduled refeeds. Especially at your current level of bodyfat.

Try this:

Week 1: Fat fast, no PWO, Refeed on day 7
Week 2: Fat fast, include PWO, Refeed on day 7
Weeks 3 and 4: Fat fast, include PWO, start refeeds every 5th day.

After that you could continue that way or you could switch over to something like the t-dawg.

Plus you should keep eating your low cal fibrous veggies like romain, spinach, cauliflower, brocolli.

STU