T Nation

Fat Consumption 1 Hour PW?

I have my post workout shake down, rather simple and standard. 50g whey, 25g malto, 25g dex with 16oz skim milk. But with my meal I take about 45min to 1 hour PWO I usually am craving meat. Instead of eating chicken or turkey would I be alright to eat some 85/15 ground beef or tuna in oil with crakers? I know these types of meat have fat in them which to be avoided PWO, but after about an hour does that rule still apply?

Not sure if it matters but I am currently 230 at 8-9% and 6’2. Just finishing Summer dieting phase.

Consuming fat post workout is fine. In fact, there is some research suggesting that it may be benificial in promoting net protein anabolism. This was the result of a study comparing calorie-matched ingestion of either skim or whole milk post workout.

Give this a read if you want to find out more about the latest science regarding post workout meals:

I think that if it’s been 30 mins or more since your carb/protein pwo shake, that you could be fine eating whatever you want reguarding the macros.

lol I’d go with the beef cause “beef builds beef” :wink: lol

imo…

DG

I know that many employ a carb cutoff. So no matter what, if they’ve had their PWO shake and then its past the cutoff, its a higher fat containing meal following the shake.

Goes against Berardi rules, but it seems to work for many.

Thanks for the feedback boys. That just made my life a lot easier.

On my heavier leg days I do up my Flameout intake. It seems to help me with recovery.

I don’t take it immediately PWO, I usually take it about 90 minutes after my workout with my before bed snack

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

On my heavier leg days I do up my Flameout intake. It seems to help me with recovery.

I don’t take it immediately PWO, I usually take it about 90 minutes after my workout with my before bed snack[/quote]

Sorry this is a bit off the topic, but what do you train for Octobergirl? Do you compete or do you love training? Are you a trainer/coach?
cheers