T Nation

Fat Chick Gets Stuck in Cave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6225301.stm

“An overweight woman who got stuck in a South African cave trapped 22 fellow tourists for more than 10 hours and had to be prised free with liquid paraffin.”

[quote]florin wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6225301.stm

“An overweight woman who got stuck in a South African cave trapped 22 fellow tourists for more than 10 hours and had to be prised free with liquid paraffin.”[/quote]

Paraffin? I would have used dynamite.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At least she learned to do the splits.

All caves and tight spaces alike should be off limits to obese people.

I just happen to be drinking water when I read this and now it is all over my keyboard. Thank you.

if she died, she truly would have deserved a darwin award.

The Speilunker Diet-

We should hang lines of twinkies in to small crevices to lure the fat chicks.

Then leave them there until they lose enough weight to escape.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
The Speilunker Diet-

We should hang lines of twinkies in to small crevices to lure the fat chicks.

Then leave them there until they lose enough weight to escape.

[/quote]

When I read in the article they were feeding them chocolate bars until rescuers came, I was just hoping that winnie the pooh wasn’t eating any to worsen thier case.

What part of, “you are too fat for this adventure” did she not understand? Two different people warned her and she kept going anyway? Are these the same people who get pissed when you don’t hire the 350lbs woman as a personal trainer? This is why it is NOT ok to be that obese.

Maybe she and the woman who got trapped in an airplane bathroom can get together and sue the rest of the world for laughing at their fat asses. Maybe I just don’t want to be trapped in a cave looking at some woman’s rotund posterior chain for 10 hours just because she’s feeling rather frisky today.

Why is there always a diabetic person in the mix who didn’t bring enough insulin with them for the day. It’s like some hollywood cliche. It didn’t say it was the women as they said a person climbed over the women to get to the diabetic. How pathetic. I’m surprised there wasn’t a lady who just happened to go into labor and a guy having a heart attack, followed by someone having to pee on one of the others use to a mysterious insect stinging.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
All caves and tight spaces alike should be off limits to obese people.[/quote]

They are. She was warned multiple times not to attemtp it.

I’ve actualy done that route weighing about 240#. I wonder what she weighed? The authorities are not releasing any info on her.

I bet she went home and ate a lot of comfort food.

I’ve done a lot of caving and that whole thing sounds so stupid. The guide should have stopped her attempting it. There are many other ways they could have got her out instead of a pulley system. Sounds like amateur hour in the SA caves to me.

Funny to all of us but NOT amusing to the people trapped for 10 hours, not funny and very serious - with no contingency plan what would they have done if there was a flash flood or an earthquake etc… ?? Basically they demonstrated they had no plan in case of a blockage. Why didn’t the diabetic have insulin on him/her?

WHY did they bring a helicopter in???

I really wish they’d included some pics with that report!

[quote]gymbunnie wrote:
I really wish they’d included some pics with that report![/quote]

QFT, i really need to see said lardo stuck in a FUCKING CAVE!!! LOL

i cant even imagine how big you have to be for people to say, "your to big to WALK through a cave.

She got stuck in the tunnel of love obstacle. I find that ironic.

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
i cant even imagine how big you have to be for people to say, "your to big to WALK through a cave.[/quote]

caves can be hard to get through at the best of times, anyone big, broad, tall can have a lot of problems even in tourist caves … my guess is that they simply did not count on someone

~ being unable to get up again ~

after falling down … THAT was the problem. And she was wedged in a bit, and nobody could get a good angle / close enough to lift her up again.

imagine being that womans’ kids …

Why didn’t they just dangle a fried chicken four feet in front of her? Problem solved.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What part of, “you are too fat for this adventure” did she not understand? Two different people warned her and she kept going anyway? Are these the same people who get pissed when you don’t hire the 350lbs woman as a personal trainer? This is why it is NOT ok to be that obese.

Maybe she and the woman who got trapped in an airplane bathroom can get together and sue the rest of the world for laughing at their fat asses. Maybe I just don’t want to be trapped in a cave looking at some woman’s rotund posterior chain for 10 hours just because she’s feeling rather frisky today.[/quote]

Absolutely. But they were stupid for letting her do it. They should’ve refused [and risked a stink about discrimination]. Discrimination, please. You can’t sue for discrimination because you’re below the height limit on an amusement. This is no different. I hope they’ve learned their lesson. The last line of the article suggests they have.