Fat Boy

[quote]Sean H wrote:
My goal isn’t to lose weight, I like being heavy and strong. Doesn’t bother me really. But I do dislike most of the heavy bit being fat. If I can get 280 pounds at 10% ill be a happy bunny.[/quote]

See ya at the Olympia! All you have to do now is drop that 35-40lbs of fat and put on 35-40lbs of lean mass.

Glad to see you have a pretty fair grasp on reality.

Dude, you need to forget about being 280 at 10% body fat. In fact, you need to forget about whoever told you you are 24% BF at 280… Unless you’re are a complete animal in the weight room, there is simply no way you’ve got that much muscle at your age. You just got an inch of fat on a skinny guy frame that makes your muscles look big. Sorry to be blunt but you need a reality check. You’re extremely obese for a 17 year old kid and need to quit worrying about programs and diets and just start taking care of yourself in general. I hear this a lot, people spending huge amounts of time learning the physic of training and the chemistry behind proper diet. Once you get down to 14% BF we can discuss those things. Right now, just focus on portion control and cutting out whatever garbage your eating. Drink water instead of soda, try to eat vegetables, cut out the Big Macs etc. Use common sense. As for training. Just go. At this point we need to get you inside the gym throwing around some iron and not worry about set/rep. Learn the basics and proper form. Don’t add much if any weight. I’d make sure to get the full body in two or three times a week in the beginning. DO NOT push it. Just take it easy and get used to it. If you’re super sore you’ll quit.

Seriously, do all this before concerning yourself with other issues. I’m telling you, at your age you are in serious danger of having lifelong health issues if you don’t turn it around now. Drop the BS and get to work.

[quote]ghguy1 wrote:
Dude, you need to forget about being 280 at 10% body fat. In fact, you need to forget about whoever told you you are 24% BF at 280… Unless you’re are a complete animal in the weight room, there is simply no way you’ve got that much muscle at your age. You just got an inch of fat on a skinny guy frame that makes your muscles look big. Sorry to be blunt but you need a reality check. You’re extremely obese for a 17 year old kid and need to quit worrying about programs and diets and just start taking care of yourself in general. I hear this a lot, people spending huge amounts of time learning the physic of training and the chemistry behind proper diet. Once you get down to 14% BF we can discuss those things. Right now, just focus on portion control and cutting out whatever garbage your eating. Drink water instead of soda, try to eat vegetables, cut out the Big Macs etc. Use common sense. As for training. Just go. At this point we need to get you inside the gym throwing around some iron and not worry about set/rep. Learn the basics and proper form. Don’t add much if any weight. I’d make sure to get the full body in two or three times a week in the beginning. DO NOT push it. Just take it easy and get used to it. If you’re super sore you’ll quit.

Seriously, do all this before concerning yourself with other issues. I’m telling you, at your age you are in serious danger of having lifelong health issues if you don’t turn it around now. Drop the BS and get to work.[/quote]

Although i know where your comming from, ive had my capilers and BF checked at my doctors who say 24%.

Hell, ive been drinking water for 2 years now (since i started reading T-Nation and other areas and i havnt had anything from mac donalds in 3 years, which was my own choice from before all this even mattered to me.)

What i used to eat was basically:

breakfast
wheatabix w/ semi skinned milk w/ some honey

lunch
chicken salad sandwhich, nuts and some other varied things (admittingly crisps and choclate)

dinner
Nothing sometimes, if it was it was either toast, steak, salad or chicken.

supper
Milk and 3 biscuits

yes, that may not look like something which will make you super fat, ive just been living like that for eons, and before i did stop going to mcd’s, it was only a rare treat at times.

Don’t think of me as this lazy basterd, i want to push myself, one of the reasons i always tried to get into anything which i can try and prove myself somehow (whether it be rowing, rugby, swimming, etc.)

Whenever something which is there which will challenge me somehow, i will do it.

And i know i am in health troubles, else i wouldnt have posted here asking for advice on some reasonable hoops on macro nutrients and training programs. Sure, i wont jump on the programs straight away and i will go for form first, then i will get into the programs.

Sorry if i seem unthankful for your advice, but some of it may be to my lack of information before hand.

YOur stats (280lbs, 24%bf, 78ins) indicate a fat-free mass index of 25.8 and research shows that the maximum FFMI for a non-chemically enhanced athlete is 25.

Cehck thelink below:

Also youre 17 which further makes your bf% questionable. I don;t doubt that you have a lot of muscle, i believe you do…I;m just saying you might be overestimating it and that might throw your calculations off when you try to cut.

(unless your internal organs have grown or your diet has been so poor that you may have up to 40 pounds of undigested stuff stuck to your colon, intestinal walls etc unable to leave the body…do you have a bulging gut or blocked colon etc).

Also you may have intramuscular and/or visceral fat that the callipers can;t detect…when I use the bio-impedance tests, I have a higher body fat% than when I use callipers. imo use whatever reading you have since it should go down anyway :slight_smile: also try BFFM (tom venuto) since it was very very effective for me.

I also tried Cosgrove’s approach (full body turbulence training)