T Nation

Fat Before Bed?

For those of you who are trying to lose body fat, do you eat fat before bed? Or only protein?

I eat both fat and protein before bed, but this is about 1.5 hours before i go to bed. I also dont go all out to get full its just a little extra something to keep the metabolism reving during the night.

I do something like a protein shake with a serving of peanut butter or handful of nuts.

This food eaten before bed though does need to be noted throughout your daily meals, not adding onto it but being part of it…of course

Fat + Protein pre-bed for me.

However, I’ve eaten carbs before bed also in a fatloss phase… it won’t make a difference as long as it fits into your macros for the day.

i have either a casein protein shake or maybe some cottage cheese with a tbs of olive oil right before bed. the fat will help slow down digestion thru the night.

Fat + protein! Heavy cream, peanut butter, and casein…mmmmmmmmmm

I’ve been taking a hand full of almonds just before i jump into bed.

any specific brand of heavy cream?

just eat a cup of 4% small curd cottage cheese man.

If you got a wegmans by you, its $2 a 16oz tub. Eat half of the tub before you brush your teeth and you’ll be golden!!

I used to drink casein, but with all the water I drink throughout the day, then at night, I always found myself waking up to take a piss…which fucked up my sleep.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Fat + Protein pre-bed for me.

However, I’ve eaten carbs before bed also in a fatloss phase… it won’t make a difference as long as it fits into your macros for the day.[/quote]

This should be emphasized

[quote]dratner wrote:
any specific brand of heavy cream?[/quote]

They are all the same…you can probably find organic if you please but I go by generic brand (price point)!