fat arse alert

I’m a big fatarse fatty mcfatterton. but, I have made the commitment to doing something about it, and wanted to get some advice.

I am 34 years old, 21 stone, 5’11". I have never been small, but I have not trained much at all for 10 years while sitting in front of a computer for 80 hours a week in the special effects & internet business. I am hunting for a GP to get a physical shortly.

In November, I started training in the gym (Coach Davies Fat to Fire workout) and with a rugby club. I started eating paleo style, only natural foods and no grains/white flour/sugar, but wasn’t keeping a 100% food log. I was thrown off my routine when I pulled my calf in rugby and started a second consulting job in Jan.

I have gotten over those lame excuses and am back in the gym and back on a proper diet. I would like to hear some suggestions for a food plan and workout routine that would help me towards my fitness goals of being a powerful rugby prop.

Any sites that have a nutrient chart for foods so I can keep an accurate food log? If I follow a T-Dawg 2.0 diet, what should be my calorie & protein targets?

T-Dawg diet 2.0 should tell you how to estimate your calorie intake nad how much protein to eat. So you should use that as a guideline.

As for nutrition website, many people use fitday.com. I have a program that keeps food log for me, so I use that myself.

Hey, BigDaddy. My vote goes for T-Dawg. It is a carb restricted diet, but one that allows/plans for post-workout nutrition – a biggie, in my book. People are reporting good results, too. Your diet is by far the most important piece of the puzzle.

Make sure you’re getting some cardio in if you’re not playing rugby.

As far as the food log goes, why not keep the information in an Excel spreadsheet since you spend so much time on the computer. That’s what I do. And since I tend to eat a lot of the same things, the cut & paste feature works well for me. It only takes me about 3 minutes a day to do my food log.

You will need a nutritional desk reference, though. There are some online listings of different foods, but I found them to be cumbersome and sometimes lacking in the listings of foods I ate. Others have enjoyed good results with online food logs, though. FitDay is one I see mentioned frequently.

Re programs, myself, I loved Joel Marion’s Ripped Rugged and Dense, a 5x5 strength program. I’ll leave others to jump in with their favorites.

I wish you all the best. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask

With cardio and weight training, you can easily lose weight on a 2,200 calorie diet (for starters). I’d recommend getting 200 grams of protein, with the rest of the calories coming from carbohydrates and fat.

First off congrats on making thew comitment and doing something about your situation. For the log etc a lot of people use fitday.com , have you read the T-Dawg 2.0 article in full? Your answers hould be in there. At the end of the day it may take a bit of tweaking to find what works.

Hey Big Daddy, Check out the food log on www.fitday.com for tracking teh food consumption. Glad your training and off the couch! Best of Luck — Colin

Sorry to interrupt, but how many pounds is a stone? I can’t find a conversion anywhere. Thank you.

There are 14 lbs. in a stone.