T Nation

Fat Actress

Anyone stomache this one last night? I don’t think disgusting can even come close to describe it. Maybe if she got out of her pajamas/robes I could have bought something about the show. At this point it looks to me to be a show about “Yeah I’m fat and look at all the famous people I know.” For a premiere showing, it lacked any grabbing, reel you in type story line.

But then again, maybe I’m just jealous that she got her ass slapped while fooling around.

The last gasp of a dying career…

[quote]ZEB wrote:
The last gasp of a dying career…[/quote]

Indeed. It was already on life support after “Look Who’s Talking!”. Hell I’m surprised Travolta made it through that abomination of a film.

[quote]jakewnet44 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
The last gasp of a dying career…

Indeed. It was already on life support after “Look Who’s Talking!”. Hell I’m surprised Travolta made it through that abomination of a film.[/quote]

Have you noticed that Travolta will do any script? I think he has had more bombs than any big name actor. The two of them belong together.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Have you noticed that Travolta will do any script? I think he has had more bombs than any big name actor. The two of them belong together.
[/quote]

have you also noticed that travolta also has his own private 707?

[quote]boondoc holiday wrote:
ZEB wrote:

Have you noticed that Travolta will do any script? I think he has had more bombs than any big name actor. The two of them belong together.

have you also noticed that travolta also has his own private 707?

[/quote]

Yea, he is an accomplished pilot and a multi-millionaire. He can also sing, dance, do comedy and drama. He is immensely talented. However, that does not make him perfect, or even right most of the time. As my previous post points out, he has a difficult time picking good scripts. “I think he has more bombs than any big name actor.”

Your point is?

Yeah. i forgo about all of Travolta’s involvment in some of the most god-awful movies ever. Battlefield Earth anyone. How about “Stayin’ Alive” the sequel to Saturday Night Fever. Im getting ill thinking about them.

However he was in Pulp Fiction and that’s all that matters.

[quote]provy07 wrote:
However he was in Pulp Fiction and that’s all that matters.[/quote]

Yeah, but then he was the villain in The Punisher, and it cancelled Pulp Fiction out. Thank God for Swordfish, or else we’d have to put JT out of his misery.

You say what you want about him or me, but Grease was no joke.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
provy07 wrote:
However he was in Pulp Fiction and that’s all that matters.

Yeah, but then he was the villain in The Punisher, and it cancelled Pulp Fiction out. Thank God for Swordfish, or else we’d have to put JT out of his misery.

[/quote]

Punisher wasn’t THAT bad. It just wasn’t that good.

If he had enough great films to balance it out, then it’d be okay. You could just say he takes risks as far as scripts. But I can’t think of too many good ones…

Except Face/Off. That movie RULED.

Get Shorty was great. That’s why they made a sequel!

Are you forgetting Basic? That movie was incredible! I have a bias towards military-based movies, though.

Okay, you guys are reaching here. Basic was good, but keeping with the military thing we have General’s Daughter (lame) to cancel it out. And let’s say Face/Off was cool… what about Michael? I was glad to see that he only had one scene to ruin in Thin Red Line, because Nolte OWNED that movie.

What’s more disturbing to me than Travolta’s career is the fact that this is a BB site, and ya’ll are talking about John Travolta movies. There’s something not right about that.

But you for got Urban Cowboy. “Sissy - Get in the truck, yeeeehawwwww!!!”

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
Okay, you guys are reaching here. Basic was good, but keeping with the military thing we have General’s Daughter (lame) to cancel it out. And let’s say Face/Off was cool… what about Michael? I was glad to see that he only had one scene to ruin in Thin Red Line, because Nolte OWNED that movie.[/quote]

General’s Daughter was decent as well…but Basic beats it. I think I have seen Basic a possible 5 times. That is one of the few movies that I didn’t catch the first time I saw it. The name changes threw me off. You have to give credit where credit is due, man. Anyone who says they didn’t watch Broken Arrow back in the day is lying to themselves.

I’d still give it to her.

I cant believe any of you actually turned this TURD on.

This show is marketed to the fat and lazy crowd.

I couldnt watch Kristy Alley whine her way through another show.

Potpourri is Kryptonite to Testosterone and so is anything Kristi Alley is in the last 10+ years.

I’m surprised noone has brought up “Phenomenon” or his long stint on “Welcome Back Kotter”.