T Nation

Fat Abdomen?

Hi,
Is it possible to have a really fatty abdomen but veins on arms, calves, thigh?

I’m a FFB and for sure I have a lot of fat over my abs… but after the Velocity Diet I have reached a low fat level on arms and legs…

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi,
[/quote]
Absolutely. It’s the last place you’ll lose it. For a guy, abdominal fat can hang on and be fairly stubborn actually. For women it’s less the abdomen than butt/thigh fat.

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi,

I’m a FFB and for sure I have a lot of fat over my abs… but after the Velocity Diet I have reached a low fat level on arms and legs… [/quote]

cadav,

Unfortunately this is primarily a genetic thing that is common amongst most men. Abdominal fat is extremely difficult to activate given the lack of circulation in the are and the fact that it is a primary depository for fat storage. The good news is there are certain supplements that show promise. One is yohimbe, another is Gugglesterones, and another, a topical solution, is licorice root. I would caution you that given that you’ve been following the velocity diet I would imagine that your metabolic rate is slightly depressed and could do with a couple weeks of maintenance eating before giving fat loss another go.

Good luck and shoot back with any questions.

Best,

Sasha

Absolutely. FFB here myself. I can look like a road map on my arms, legs and even chest area yet STILL not see an AB muscle, hehe. Seriously. Even down at say 10% BF, I still have a flabby gut. At my current age, and eh, non competitive stature, I don’t actually care anymore. It is DAMN annoying at times though, LOL.

Thanks to allbro!
To SashaG: by now I’m in “normocaloric”. I’m using a lot of BCAA, and tyrosine to give support to LBM and metabolism. In italy yohimbe is illegal, the same for licorice (however I have to check)…

To Rotlex: I’m far from 10% (around 15), and I don’t want to see my abs (non yet… :P) but… I really don’t know what kind of “tactis” try to move that stubborn ab. fat!

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi,

I’m a FFB and for sure I have a lot of fat over my abs… but after the Velocity Diet I have reached a low fat level on arms and legs… [/quote]

Ummm… If you in fact have a really fatty abdomen but veins on your arms, then of course it’s possible to have a really fatty abdomen but veins on one’s arms.

Is this common? It is for people you carry most of their fat subcutaneously - though I have no idea what proportion of people do so. Many people without much visible bodyfat have much more bodyfat than they realize - it’s just below their ab muscles. (Which is why it’s idiotic to judge one’s bodyfat based on a photograph.)

Oh, stop calling yourself an “FFB.” That’s just lame. It’s like you’re trying to belong to a club that doesn’t actually exist.

For some odd genetic reason I’m the other way around. The first place I lose fat is my abdomen. In fact, at 13% BF I can still see a very distinct ab outline. The last place I see fat loss, unfortunately, are my thighs, calves, and upper arms.

I have to drop down to about 9% to be able to see outlines there. But you’re more fortunate than I am. At 15% BF, my forearms don’t look like a map. They look more like 2 big twinkies without the filling.

Yeah my gut still has some love handles although my arms are like a road map

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Oh, stop calling yourself an “FFB.” That’s just lame. It’s like you’re trying to belong to a club that doesn’t actually exist. [/quote]

I use FFB cause I think it is a fast way to “draw a picture” of my past life style (faster than wrote you all the info that may be needed)