T Nation

Fasting Regenerates Immune System

I am interested in T Nation members responses…

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:

I am interested in T Nation members responses…[/quote]
"More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.â??
This statement keeps me reserved. Although I did intermittent fasting for a while and I did feel good. Sometimes I still skip breakfast just for the hell of it. If anything it let me know what true hunger was. 3 days to ward off cancer I’d do that in a heartbeat.

Since fasting can allegedly recharge the immune system, and this may be very relevant to cancer patients, does this mean that medical marijuana isn’t as useful for chemotherapy patients as we’ve been led to believe?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Since fasting can allegedly recharge the immune system, and this may be very relevant to cancer patients, does this mean that medical marijuana isn’t as useful for chemotherapy patients as we’ve been led to believe?[/quote]

obviously medical MDMA is much more in order

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
I am interested in T Nation members responses…[/quote]

Very interesting.

We’ve known for awhile that fasting/forcing the digestive process to “take some time off” frees up the body to pursue other important stuff like DNA (telomere) repair and cellular turnover.

Good to know that we’re uncovering further specifics about such processes.

If this in fact rejuvenates your immune system, I would love to see a study on how it effects allergies.

I’m unclear. First white blood cells die off, then new ones are regenerated. Are there more after than before, or is the assumption that “new” is just “better”?