Fasting 20/4

You guys are my heroes. It was easy for me to do 16/8 while in school because I slept until 11 went to class for 4 hours and wasn’t around food.

If I dont eat before work I fall asleep. Might try it again if I plateau.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I get 5-6k in a 6hr window. Low fat high carb med pro. Depends on the person. If you cant get your cals in fasting is not for you. No biggie[/quote]

You honestly get in 5 or 6 thousand cals… not even a whole day…
You need that many?
Wow

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I get 5-6k in a 6hr window. Low fat high carb med pro. Depends on the person. If you cant get your cals in fasting is not for you. No biggie[/quote]

You honestly get in 5 or 6 thousand cals… not even a whole day…
You need that many?
Wow[/quote]

at 3k i drop 1.5-3lbs a day

i experimented with 2 x24 hour fasts over an 8 week period and have to say, I shredded up like never before.

In saying that I also had an extremely clean diet (80% of the time) and included a LOT of fat loss techniques into my training (EDT, finishers etc).

Unfortunately for me, a lot of the weight loss came from my face and sent out the wrong message to a lot of people (GF, work colleagues). They thought I was ill!

As a side note. Since I have went back to a more rigid bulking style diet, I have noticed an increase in my T levels. This may be all in my head however I now have more energy, am recovering faster and, this is actually what led me to believe my T levels have increased, have harder erections.

[quote]CMdad wrote:
This is just as a quick aside, I don’t want to hijack the thread OP but, I feel it’s related. Have any of you guys (or girls) tried a once a week 24 hr fast like Berardi recommends? Results?[/quote]
I have tried 24 and ~36 hour fasts. The problem with going a full day without food (36 hours) is sleep disturbance. Berardi talks about this, but a semi-lean individual will get an adrenaline rushes to help mobilize more fat. It usually kicked in around the 30 hour mark when trying to sleep.

With the “24 hour” fast (more like 23.5 hours since it takes time to eat a small meal), I had the same problems as my previous post. Once I started eating, I had an insatiable appetite. I never found the right amount to consume. Too little still led to an adrenal spike, too much led to discomfort and almost negating the point of not eating for 23 hours.

I like fasting because it demonstrates discipline and self control, but it’s not worth the loss of sleep if approaching a low BF%.