Fastest Way to Drop Fat?

Dude. Relax, it’s water retention. Do your normal work and maybe throw some sprints on top of that. You’ll go back to your normal weight in a couple of days.

Use the glycogen stores to push harder in your workout.

im totaly falling off the wagon…ate like shit again, way over maintenance…126 before bed. i just cant get motivated again but i really need to cut the shit. any tips?

Yeah, stop being such a little girl.

[quote]hexx wrote:
Yeah, stop being such a little girl.[/quote]

im going to do a psmf tomorrow…tuna and multivitamin. calories will be about 480 total. im curious to see how much is fat vs water retention. any ACTUAL tips on getting back on track?

[quote]tplet wrote:
hexx wrote:
Yeah, stop being such a little girl.

im going to do a psmf tomorrow…tuna and multivitamin. calories will be about 480 total. im curious to see how much is fat vs water retention. any ACTUAL tips on getting back on track?

[/quote]

have fun being anorexic

You didn’t gain any fat.

ive done the psmf before and felt fine…still did cardio and everything to, 3 weeks into that is when my pic u see was takin.

i should also mention with the psmf protein intake is 120g

PMSF isn’t a bad program if you know what you are doing.

When you did it before, how much did you lose.

Why are you doing it again?

Did you not learn anything?

im doing it to get the bloat off as quickly as i can, i start clean tomorrow. i want to see how much fat vs water i put on over the week of bingeing on junk…

Lyle’s book recommends:

(1) start the PSMF off with a moderate volume depletion workout (just higher reps like 15-25 and lots of sets w/compound lifts). This will burn a lot of calories and glycogen and drop water weight and facilitate weight loss the rest of the program.

If you don’t mind wasting $30 I’d buy the ebook.

(2) do a moderate to big carb up at the end- and don’t go longer than two weeks on the strict PSMF

(3) shoot for at least 1.5g protein/lb lean bodymass

(4) keep the cardio minimal and low intensity,

(5) get your fish oil and low carb veggies and vitamins. apart from that you don’t need anything. calcium, potassium, and magesium are especially important

(6) don’t overdo your training. If you trained full body every 3 days, or a split 3x/each over 2 weeks after the depletion workout. you’d be good to go

(7) for the carb up at the end, perform a full body workout in the hypertrophy range. This will really help prime you for the carb up. Then eat lots of carbs, moderate protein, and low fat for about a day. Scale it down after that. You will look awesome and be strong as fuck, and would get a lot out of a “power” workout with heavy ass low reps a couple days after this.

I did this exact plan recently with great success. good luck.

thank you

Being a wrestler, and I am assuming high school (forgive me if I’m mistaken) he may well be under instructions to maintain this low weight.

It would not be the first time that a high school coach has given instructions not in a team member’s best personal interest.

Therefore, criticizing the OP for attempting this bad-idea goalis I think really not called for. Criticizing the goal is another matter.

To the original poster: Perhaps your ravenous eating as of late and rapid weight gain is your body’s way of telling you that your coach is out of his mind and you should NOT be as light as he is demanding.

(Really, not just perhaps: rather, that is fully my expectation.)

i did cut alot of weight, but it was all my own idea. im eating clean now and staying off the scale for awhile. the eating starting because i found out im out of wrestling for 5 weeks with a broken thumb so i thought “wow i dont gotta make weight until february first!”

then it just snowballed so im trying to get back on track the picture of me is me at my wrestling weight.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Being a wrestler, and I am assuming high school (forgive me if I’m mistaken) he may well be under instructions to maintain this low weight.

It would not be the first time that a high school coach has given instructions not in a team member’s best personal interest.

Therefore, criticizing the OP for attempting this bad-idea goalis I think really not called for. Criticizing the goal is another matter.

To the original poster: Perhaps your ravenous eating as of late and rapid weight gain is your body’s way of telling you that your coach is out of his mind and you should NOT be as light as he is demanding.

(Really, not just perhaps: rather, that is fully my expectation.) [/quote]

If this post is directed at my anorexia comment I’ll explain myself. If not, then pay no mind.

The post I was commenting on was the one where he said he’d be eating 480 calories in a day. That doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.
Maybe I read his post wrong, I don’t know.

I wasn’t commenting on his goals or the way he looks. Just that specific approach in dropping weight.

It wasn’t. It was based on an overall impression that the OP was being criticized for thinking it desirable to get back to the previous weight which sounds very low.

I do agree that 480 cal/day is a quite wrong way to go.

I have to say, aside from questions of whether there is external pressure to make this weight, the OP does look remarkably well developed for about 110 lb. I’m assuming he must be of smaller stature.

Anyway, even so, especially if younger, I do still think there is merit to the thought that this rapid gain may be a way of his body’s telling him that the low weight is unnatural for him. Especially if younger, allowing more weight, regardless of wrestling, may well be wise.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
It wasn’t. It was based on an overall impression that the OP was being criticized for thinking it desirable to get back to the previous weight which sounds very low.

I do agree that 480 cal/day is a quite wrong way to go.

I have to say, aside from questions of whether there is external pressure to make this weight, the OP does look remarkably well developed for about 110 lb. I’m assuming he must be of smaller stature.

Anyway, even so, especially if younger, I do still think there is merit to the thought that this rapid gain may be a way of his body’s telling him that the low weight is unnatural for him. Especially if younger, allowing more weight, regardless of wrestling, may well be wise. [/quote]

Alrighty

im 14, 5 foot 3. i ditched psmf and am just eating under 30 grams of carbs a day, a slight calorie deficit i eat about 1000 a day, high protein moderate fat. after day1 of this im 3 pounds lighter than last night, so the bloat is coming off.

I personally strongly feel that a 14 year old is doing himself no favors, and with quite likely lifetime-lasting consequences, by dieting like this when already quite lean – which you still are even after this binge.

Seriously, if you keep doing this, you could well wind up significantly or perhaps even very substantially shorter for the rest of your life than had you eaten as your body is telling you it wants to do. Not worth it for the sake of keeping the coach happy or staying in a given weight class, etc.

well the thing is i feel very very healthy and fine at this weight. the binge and all that shit was pretty much a result of no motivation and a broken thumb…i get all my nutrients, take a multivitamin etc. i put health and fitness before wrestling. if i ever felt unhealthy or truly harmed i’d say fuck it and move up a weight.