Faster and Furiouser

Not that Obama supporters could give two craps.

Edit: Solyndra and associates. Fast and Furious. Benghazi. This. Etc. Not two craps given. Birth control, unsustainable entitlements/welfare for everyone, getting those nasty rich…and hey, he’s our multicult symbol.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Not that Obama supporters could give two craps.

Edit: Solyndra and associates. Fast and Furious. Benghazi. This. Etc. Not two craps given. Birth control, unsustainable entitlements/welfare for everyone, getting those nasty rich…and hey, he’s our multicult symbol.[/quote]

Does anyone in the government look at history? Iran-Contra affair anyone? When will we realize that supplying arms to other people is always going to have the potential to not have the effect that we desire? Why do we always feel the need to play world police? I mean we spend a shit ton on defense so we may as well make sure we have our nose in everything?

I don’t know what birth control has to do with anything though, birth control is freaking awesome and you should support it. We all should.

Not anything like the same thing. Fast and Furious intentionally supplied our enemies with weapons.

This report reveals that Qatari-owned arms and ammunition were supplied to Libyan rebels and that some of those rebels turned out to be Islamists. The extent of US involvement was approval of the arms transfers themselves and then dismay and protest when intelligence suggested that Islamists had received some of the arms.

Fast and Furious was stupid and ridiculous from its very conception. This is a mistake–obviously grave–but its a mistake born of the fog of war.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Not anything like the same thing. Fast and Furious intentionally supplied our enemies with weapons.

This report reveals that Qatari-owned arms and ammunition were supplied to Libyan rebels and that some of those rebels turned out to be Islamists. The extent of US involvement was approval of the arms transfers themselves and then dismay and protest when intelligence suggested that Islamists had received some of the arms.

Fast and Furious was stupid and ridiculous from its very conception. This is a mistake–obviously grave–but its a mistake born of the fog of war.[/quote]

Man, SMH you are well read throwing a little Robert McNamara in there :slight_smile: By the way I am deciding on my next book to read which book is better Team of Rivals of Caro’s Robert Moses biography?

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

Fast and Furious was stupid and ridiculous from its very conception. This is a mistake–obviously grave–but its a mistake born of the fog of war.[/quote]

Man, SMH you are well read throwing a little Robert McNamara in there :slight_smile: By the way I am deciding on my next book to read which book is better Team of Rivals of Caro’s Robert Moses biography?[/quote]

High praise, sir, but I’m a philistine compared to many.

I have read those two, though. Both are imperfect. Team of Rivals is riveting as far as these things go and in my opinion you can never go wrong reading about Adams, Jefferson, or Lincoln. The Power Broker, as a feat of research, is almost difficult to comprehend (it’s often held up as the pinnacle of journalistic achievement). That said, it can be something of a chore–unavoidable given that it’s essentially hundreds upon hundreds of pages detailing the particulars of city-level politics (still fascinating though).

I read Master of the Senate a while back and I have to say I may have enjoyed it more than the Power Broker.