Fasted Morning Cardio

It depends on your goals too! I’m fairly certain that most people are expecting to shed fat while maintaining muscle. How much LISS do you think olympic sprinters do? The answer is not much. You know what they do? They sprint! and they do it in intervals. This shit is no that difficult…

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]Mateus wrote:
It depends on your goals too! I’m fairly certain that most people are expecting to shed fat while maintaining muscle. How much LISS do you think olympic sprinters do? The answer is not much. You know what they do? They sprint! and they do it in intervals. This shit is no that difficult…[/quote]

But you can reasonably assume that they do NOT sprint whilst fasted.

BBB[/quote]

Exactly, this thread is about fasted cardio and not fed cardio. Also im sure sprinter don’t train to lose weight coz they aint overweight to begin with or they wouldn’t be sprinters…

Sprinters train to sprint.

Interesting topic gentlemen.

A little off topic… but I was wondering what the opinion is on combining LISS and HIIT in one session. For example; riding a bike at slow pace for 30 minutes, followed by a set of quad burning hill climbing sprint intervals.

tweet

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I am pretty sure walking for 40min or going easy on the elyptical or step mill will not be muscle wasting. It will be good for your health and it will improve recovery. If gaining you need to obviously account for the extra activity and if losing well great more calories you dont have to cut out. But you need that extra 40min to do that.

Personally i get so bored at work I combine my morning break and lunch break and go the gym and just walk for 30-40min and watch some espn. Then do my normal weight session after work. I am positive the walking/low intensity cardio is doing nothing but good things (obviously its not packing on muscle) but it keeps fat down a bit allows for more food…blah blah blah[/quote]

Pretty close to exactly what I do - and I’ve had good results. I walk pretty much every day at lunch - fasted. Lucky to have a decent little employee fitness center at work. Eat my first meal of the day after that “cardio”. (sort of an intermittent fasting clean bulk - 14 hour fast and 10 hour eating window) I usually speed walk at 4.3 mph and 3.5 incline or 4.0 mph and 8.0 incline. Burn about 300 calories in 35 minutes or so then get my lift in about 5 hours later at my regular gym.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Interesting topic gentlemen.

A little off topic… but I was wondering what the opinion is on combining LISS and HIIT in one session. For example; riding a bike at slow pace for 30 minutes, followed by a set of quad burning hill climbing sprint intervals.

tweet[/quote]

Reverse the order and you’ve got something worthwhile.

S

[quote]gregron wrote:
First of all, I wouldn’t start out by doing FMC everyday.

If you jump right in with 45-60 minutes a day every day where do you go from there when things stall?

I would recommend starting with 30 minutes of low intensity SS cardio 3 days a week or so and then gradually increase the duration or add extra days when fat loss slows down.[/quote]

So i’ve been working out twice a day this last few days since i got the bike and i have to say that it really takes it toll!

If i need to i can go without food for a good amount of time, at least 6-7 hours. But since the 2 a days kicked in i’ve noticed that i can’t do that any more.

Its crazy how fast changes start to happen as well, my max heart rate has already dropped 10 bpm. Been a while since i’ve done any cardio so i guess its just adaptation.

I have noticed that its starting to get more and more difficult to lose weight, dropped 11lbs since the 01/06/12
which isn’t too bad but i just hope that cardio kicks things up a notch.

How is this macro breakdown looking?

1,750 cals
58.2g fat
60.8g carbs
235.2 protein.

would burpees for 25 seconds followed by 35 seconds rest be considered HIIT? its no where near as intensive as sprinting but it does get your heart rate up pretty high. its no where near as intensive as springing but its a little tough.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

1,750 cals
58.2g fat
60.8g carbs
235.2 protein.
[/quote]

Who knows? Is it working for you?

I know Bug is on like 1,200 calories, and I’m somewhere around 1,750 if not actually south most days.

Whatever it takes.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

1,750 cals
58.2g fat
60.8g carbs
235.2 protein.
[/quote]

Who knows? Is it working for you?

I know Bug is on like 1,200 calories, and I’m somewhere around 1,750 if not actually south most days.

Whatever it takes.[/quote]

Just started it this week, so guna have to wait and see. On top of this i had some veggies with the chicken breast with some peppers and onions with 1 cup of rice. Put the carbs at around 140g thats including fibre etc and cals to around 2100.

Worked out twice today and feeling pretty satisfied and not hungry at all.

Goes to show how far clean calories can go!

What would be recommended to eat after a fasted morning cardio session?

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
What would be recommended to eat after a fasted morning cardio session?[/quote]

Depends on what you’re doing, really. I’ve done everything from eggs and steak to oatmeal and chocolate protein powder mixed in, and whatever else in between. It doesn’t matter a whole lot, really. Your body will crave the calories something fierce.

ive been doing the same, eggs and whey or oats and whey.