Fasted for How Long with ZMA, Alpha Male, and Rhodiola?

I wake up at 5 am and take my morning supplements including ZMA. I then workout around 5:30 and don’t have anything until about 7 which is my post-workout protein.

Additionally, I recently ordered Alpha Male and Rhodiola and will be adding those to the morning supplement regimen at 5 am.

Is that ~2 hour window enough time to give these products for absorption? Would a smaller window be okay? I ask because I’d like to experiment with pre-workout carbs but don’t want to affect the supplements. So, could I take the supplements at 5 and then pre-workout carbs at 5:30 as I’m starting my workout?

By the way, I know ZMA is generally dosed at night but I dose it in the morning because I do my multi-vitamin at night and they’re not supposed to be dosed together. I take my multi at night with dinner because it has Vitamin C in it which causes my ADHD med to be excreted rapidly and stop working (amphetamine class interaction). I’d take my ADHD med a little later but it takes a solid 1.5-2 hours to kick in and lasts for about 14-16 hours so that’s just not an option. So, that’s why ZMA gets taken in the morning.

Ironically, I saw T-Nations FB ad for Plazma a few minutes ago and asked this question there and they said that pre-workout nutrition is more important than taking Alpha Male and Rhodiola on an empty stomach so I should move those two to my post workout supplement regimen/meal and take plasma pre-workout. Apparently taking it with food on your stomach isn’t too big of a deal. It will affect absorption but not to a hugely significant degree.

Multi-vitamins are unlikely to do more good than harm. I didn’t realize that ZMA was not supposed to be taken with multi’s but it would probably be because of the calcium in them which is not needed anyway. Most people don’t need extra iron or E or beta-carotene either. I am pretty sure you can take vitamin C, D, and B complex with ZMA before bed. I always take ZMA with C before bed. C can supress nighttime cortisol.