'Fasted Cardio' Question

And for the run this morning, I didn’t have HUGE hills but it is moderately/lightly hilly, definitely not flat ground. Anyway, I accomplished my goal of staying under 10 minute miles the whole time, and burning a shitload of calories before breakfast. All of that without wanting to die, which is what the result would have been not too many months ago.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Really? That seems a slow jog to me. Last time I ran 5K that slow I had two kids in a jogging stroller and some huge hills. My brother saw my time posted on line and busted my chops until I told him I was pushing the kids up and down hills.

Not busting on you because you can probably squat a lot more than I can and I am sure you weren’t racing, merely doing a low speed fat burning cardio.

No offense taken. I figure 9 minute miles for a little of 3 consecutive miles is pretty good for a guy who used to want to kill himself after jogging one lap around the school track this time last year.

Maybe you’re pretty speedy, it sounds like it. Either way, according to all the calorie calculators I could find online I burned a shitton of calories before breakfast…which is my goal.

…[/quote]

I think you are on the right path. I wouldn’t have even bothered comment about time but the other guy thought it was quick, I think it is a good pace for your goals.

I am no speed demon but I am more built to be a runner than a weight lifter. Too bad I hate distance work because I could be good at it.

Well maybe we should be morphed into one super athlete that is a superior runner and weightlifter. We’d get all the hawt chix. ;}

Either way, I’m gonna continue to try to decrease my time, it’s all about improvement right?

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Well maybe we should be morphed into one super athlete that is a superior runner and weightlifter. We’d get all the hawt chix. ;}

Either way, I’m gonna continue to try to decrease my time, it’s all about improvement right?[/quote]

Same way I look at my lifting.

well i was thinking it was a very good time for gs who said he had hated cardio in one of his posts! a 9 minute mile for someone who used to weigh as much as he did (pre v diet) mentally, it is a good time for a mile…

and gs i didnt run the 70 miles… i got in my trekker and went to sleep in the back of the trooper! mind you i would have done it if he was serious… the adrenalin adn euphoria of completing the 30miler was enough to boost test levels for a whole month!!!

and dcreasing your time is the way to go… do more in less time too… do hills training… do swimming, boxing/boxercise, anything to keep your body and its organs second guessing and not getting bored!

good luck again bro

Oh jesus, I guess I misread that…I was gonna say good god man, 30 miles is still incredible. At least to a guy like me, who, as you mentioned, hates cardio.