T Nation

Fasted Cardio for 'Lousy-Mobilizer'

Hello Christian
I was hoping for some help on the topic of fasted cardio

I’m in a leaning out period and the last month ive started off slowly doing 1 sprint session and 30 minute Post workout low intensity walk slowly decreasing my calories

After reading your article and watching your video on Thibarmy on fasted cardio, I’m am definitely someone who is a lousy-mobilizer so Im interest in implementing fasted cardio into my routine

How many times per week should I start off with using morning fasted cardio and for how long? I’ve been doing 20 – 30 mins… If I move to say 40 – 60 mins a day would it be best to break this into 2 smaller sessions one morning and one PWO?
(BTW Pre fasted cardio I take 5g BCAA, 5g L-Glute, 3g Acetyl L-Carnitine and a shot of coffee and Post 3g BCAA)

Also is it ok to train 2 – 3 hours after the morning fasted cardio session, to follow your morning training guidelines? Ive read that you mentioned ‘I personally found that athletes actually perform better a few hours after a low-intensity/short-duration morning cardio workout. It could be psychosomatic or due to a “loosening up” of the body, I don’t know. But I’ve seen it time and time again with my athletes

Thank you
Henri

I never recommend more than 40 min.I personally do 30-40 min. I recommend starting at 2-3 times per week for 30 min. First thing you do is increase the frequency… maybe after 3 weeks go to 4 and then maybe 5 3 weeks later if your body is handling it well. From there if your fat loss stalls you will increase duration gradually.

That’s what I do.

I do my cardio at 6am then train at 9.

Thank you Christian for he reply

Just finally, should I keep in the 1 sprint session per week along with the morning fasted cardio, or should I only focus on morning fasted cardio?

Thanks you
Henri