Fast Food Question

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Lykos- Buddy, I wasnt asking you to rationalize what I ate… I just brought up the topic as I thought it was an interesting situation. Usually I am pretty good at planning, and in the future I will plan out what I will eat on these away soccer trips(which is every second week). But sometimes life puts you in situations that you do not see coming.
tweet[/quote]

?

They went out to eat after a game. Who couldn’t see that coming?

Further, how special are you that you could find NOTHING to eat while eating out?

I just don’t get that. If you are in the middle of contest prep, then I can understand. If you are some fitness model with a photo shoot next week, I can understand.

What I don’t get is average looking people making this much of a big deal about what they eat.

I would have eaten what I wanted considering I just depleted my body running around short of pure crap like cookies.

I just think the idea of the average looking guy walking around with an attitude as if he can only eat skinless chicken prepared with olive oil at all times to be a little over the top.[/quote]

It’s time you get used to the fact that this just seems to be the general consensus around here. Orthorexic eating behaviors and severe adversion to certain foods…it’s pretty nonsensical to me.

I remember back when with the whole cheeseburger shit: Basically…the no matter what I say all you hear is cheeseburger. Well, now it’s the same shit for me…just replace cheeseburger with poptarts.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Chris Colucci- Buddy, relax. Dont worry, I am not a dietician or an endocrinologist. Yes I do have to deal with diabetics, although Im not responsible for their medication or diet. I suppose I should know a little more on their condition, but controlling the disease is not my actual role. Im sorry that my secret identity pisses you off. Deal with it. Enter the Bird![/quote]
Just to be clear, I am relaxed, I’m not worried, and I’m certainly not pissed off.

I just felt it necessary to call you on your blatant bullshit. As far as I’m concerned, “characters” like you and a handful of others here do little to nothing to improve the overall quality of the forum. That is what bothers me.

Anyhow, I’ll do my best to steer clear of your threads from now on. I have enough comic relief in my life already.

[quote]theBird wrote:
I dont think having 2-3 cheat meals every week is ideal.

And who said Im avegage. I am theBird.[/quote]

If you rode the bench all game or maybe got subbed-in at the very end of a blowout, then I can understand that post-game food choices might be worthy of consideration. But for someone who actually got 90+ min of run, yeah, this really does scream orthorexia.

(and I hate to break this to ya Bird, but its almost entirely average people/physiques that can’t get away with 2-3 cheat meals per week)

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

And who said Im avegage. I am theBird.[/quote]

If you rode the bench all game or maybe got subbed-in at the very end of a blowout, then I can understand that post-game food choices might be worthy of consideration. But for someone who actually got 90+ min of run, yeah, this really does scream orthorexia.

(and I hate to break this to ya Bird, but its almost entirely average people/physiques that can’t get away with 2-3 cheat meals per week)

[/quote]

Dead right.

Lol I’m with X. Going out to eat after athletic events = eating contests with your friends. It was McGangbangs and shakes all around after football games in high school.

These days I avoid gluten more often than I eat it, but if I go out I tend to just have fun for the meal and make sure I’m earning- either it with a hard workout beforehand or the next day (pressing is fun when you’re holding 10lbs of water). The only thing I really pay attention to is protein, since it obviously doesn’t make much sense to pound out a ton of messier fats and carbs without it.

EDIT: With X on pissing the cook off, that is

[quote]facko wrote:
It’s time you get used to the fact that this just seems to be the general consensus around here. Orthorexic eating behaviors and severe adversion to certain foods…it’s pretty nonsensical to me.

I remember back when with the whole cheeseburger shit: Basically…the no matter what I say all you hear is cheeseburger. Well, now it’s the same shit for me…just replace cheeseburger with poptarts.[/quote]

Severe aversion to certain foods “because they aren’t good for you” is pretty silly. Avoiding things like dairy/gluten/avenin makes sense for some.

You aren’t one of them, judging by your physique. It’s a lot more relevant to people that start out FAT and are holding a lot of weight that isn’t lean mass of some sort. I started building my physique as a fatty, and while I can get away with eating whatever I want some of the time because I actually have half a clue what I’m doing now, if I lapse into a ‘wheat all the time’ mentality it does show in a bad way.

[quote]theBird wrote:
[/quote]
I had KFC for a meal yesterday, when I eat at my parents (once a week) Ill eat whatever is being served. Ill have KFC again this week and probably go out for dinner once or twice. I have icecream most nights and skittles after workouts. I am losing fat.

You on the other hand just need fuel for your games. Eat.

Looks like birdy has opened a can of worms. I only heard of the term orthorexia this week. So looks like most people agree that aslong as your burning a whole lot of energy you can eat just about anything you want. I must admit it does make me feel better when I am eating the right foods and delivering the right nutrients without overloading my system with trans-fats, high level of salt etc etc. I do wonder if it does make much difference to recovery and long term performance etc etc.

Chris Colluci- No offense intended, but Im serious when I say whenever I read your name I think of you as a cartoon character. I think it would be cool if we can get IronDwarf to draw up an animated picture of you, preferably with an evil moustache. You can be my new evil nemesis. By the way, my “bird character” has brought hope and inspiration to many around the world

On a side note(sorry about the long rant), pissing off the cook is the last thing you want to do in any restraunt. Not a smart thing to do. Why? Use your imagination.

tweet

No, it is actually quite hilarious to make the guy come out to see what the fuck is going on.

[quote]theBird wrote:
So looks like most people agree that aslong as your burning a whole lot of energy you can eat just about anything you want.[/quote]

lol, wut?

toot toot

I know when i had hockey practice for 2+ hrs a day and lifted weights 5 times a week and had dry land conditioning 3-4 times a week for 1hr that i ended every night with 1-2 quarts of full fat ice cream with a ton of chocolate syrup. I had 1-2 cans of pop a day. I recently guessed my amounts i had eaten and roudning down avergaed my calories i was getting in at least 7000k cal (rounding down on everything) and not gaining a lb. High energy output makes you able to eat less than perfect and normally means you will have to unless you want to wither away/ have poor performance at practice/game/or lifting or you want to screw up your bodies hormaones ect because you are going into starvation mode or the like because of not enough nutrients.

Lol at prancing in a meadow.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I know when i had hockey practice for 2+ hrs a day and lifted weights 5 times a week and had dry land conditioning 3-4 times a week for 1hr that i ended every night with 1-2 quarts of full fat ice cream with a ton of chocolate syrup. I had 1-2 cans of pop a day. I recently guessed my amounts i had eaten and roudning down avergaed my calories i was getting in at least 7000k cal (rounding down on everything) and not gaining a lb. High energy output makes you able to eat less than perfect and normally means you will have to unless you want to wither away/ have poor performance at practice/game/or lifting or you want to screw up your bodies hormaones ect because you are going into starvation mode or the like because of not enough nutrients.

Lol at prancing in a meadow. [/quote]

I dare say tweet tweet is not active anywhere near as much as your above personal experience. :slight_smile:

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
I dare say tweet tweet is not active anywhere near as much as your above personal experience. :)[/quote]

Watch out!

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
On a side note(sorry about the long rant), pissing off the cook is the last thing you want to do in any restraunt. Not a smart thing to do. Why? Use your imagination.[/quote]

There’s a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff. The former is pretty entertaining for them, the latter is where your food starts getting fucked with.

I’ve rolled through the McDonalds drive-thru and ordered 8+ McDoubles a few times in recent history, and each time I just got laughs once the person working the drive-thru window realized I was the only one in the car lol.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
There’s a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff…
[/quote]

Yer , I realise that. I was just making the point as I remember one occasion when my buddy insulted a waiter at a restraunt (not on purpose, but by accident by making a joke about the indian cricket team to the waiter who was indian), and we then had a 20 minute discussion about if we should actually eat the food when it arrives.

And so you can eat 8 burgers in one sitting? Thats unreal. Ive done 4 burgers, large shake, fries and an apple pie before, but 8 burgers?!!

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:
There’s a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff…
[/quote]

Yer , I realise that. I was just making the point as I remember one occasion when my buddy insulted a waiter at a restraunt (not on purpose, but by accident by making a joke about the indian cricket team to the waiter who was indian), and we then had a 20 minute discussion about if we should actually eat the food when it arrives.

And so you can eat 8 burgers in one sitting? Thats unreal. Ive done 4 burgers, large shake, fries and an apple pie before, but 8 burgers?!!

tweet[/quote]

If I have a shake early on in the meal, I’m screwed haha. I never have trouble putting them down at the end of a meal, but they kill my burger game if I lead off with them. But yeah, I’m pretty much a bottomless pit for double cheeseburgers.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
On a side note(sorry about the long rant), pissing off the cook is the last thing you want to do in any restraunt. Not a smart thing to do. Why? Use your imagination.[/quote]

There’s a huge difference between ordering inhuman amounts of food and being a douchebag to the staff. The former is pretty entertaining for them, the latter is where your food starts getting fucked with.

I’ve rolled through the McDonalds drive-thru and ordered 8+ McDoubles a few times in recent history, and each time I just got laughs once the person working the drive-thru window realized I was the only one in the car lol.[/quote]

It’s a test of manhood. Wimps need not apply. I have been amazed by the amounts of food a football player could eat in one sitting. I wish I had powers like that.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Looks like birdy has opened a can of worms. [/quote]

This is exactly what you birds should be eating. LOL at prancing around a field.

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
LOL at prancing around a field.[/quote]

Yeah. I suppose “prancing around the field” is hilarious.

Ha ha.

tweet