T Nation

Fast-Food Burger Composition.

After I watched Super-Size it, I kind-of declined in my burger purchasing. I became more alert, questioning the composition of fast food and its nutrition value.

Years earlier, I was quite unlike myself right now. When I was 8-10 years old, I lived in Moscow, where there was only 1 McDonald’s and I could only visit it once a year to partake of the delicious gourmet burgers! It was also a curiosity spot because once in a while you’d see black people working, shoveling snow outside. The burgers cost a lot, and every rubble was worth the great taste of 100% beef, cooked on a state-of-the art grill. They were simply to die for, and a kid would steal, cheat and tearfully beg a parent to take him to McDonald’s. Spoons with an M on them would be kept for souveniers by the most devoted patrons.

Fast-forward to a few years later, and here in America, there’s a McDonald’s everywhere. First thing I noticed was how different the food tasted. It was good, but it just wasn’t the same as in the old country. I still ate lots of those fast food burgers, though. Then in high school I developed a concept of the McMeal, where I would spend 2.14 for a double cheeseburger, a side-salad and a free water. This meal was good, but after I watched Super-Size it, I lost my appetite for some of it.

Then in my art class we were doing a project with paper-marbling, where paint floats on top of thickened gooey water and a piece of paper is applied to the surface so that a print is produced. The teacher said that the thickener is a kind of seaweed that is used in the fast-food industry often, and that it is completely edible, noting that the last burger we had was dripping with the stuff. Now I saw in another thread people talking about what one can find in this fast food meat, and this prompted me to start this one:

What do you all think is actually contained in the fast food burgers that is… questionable?

People.

[quote]dev wrote:
People.[/quote]

LOL. Get the book Fast Food Nation. Besides being a great read, the author finds that ~70% of the meat is contaminated with microbes found in fecal matter. “There’s shit in the burgers.”

[quote]dev wrote:
People.[/quote]

Nice.

What’s in fast food burgers is the combination of lots of fat and lots of carbohydrates. This is a bad combination. Search this site for anything written by Dr. Berardi and all will become clear.

[quote]Heowww wrote:
After I watched Super-Size it, I kind-of declined in my burger purchasing. I became more alert, questioning the composition of fast food and its nutrition value.

Years earlier, I was quite unlike myself right now. When I was 8-10 years old, I lived in Moscow, where there was only 1 McDonald’s and I could only visit it once a year to partake of the delicious gourmet burgers! It was also a curiosity spot because once in a while you’d see black people working, shoveling snow outside. The burgers cost a lot, and every rubble was worth the great taste of 100% beef, cooked on a state-of-the art grill. They were simply to die for, and a kid would steal, cheat and tearfully beg a parent to take him to McDonald’s. Spoons with an M on them would be kept for souveniers by the most devoted patrons.

Fast-forward to a few years later, and here in America, there’s a McDonald’s everywhere. First thing I noticed was how different the food tasted. It was good, but it just wasn’t the same as in the old country. I still ate lots of those fast food burgers, though. Then in high school I developed a concept of the McMeal, where I would spend 2.14 for a double cheeseburger, a side-salad and a free water. This meal was good, but after I watched Super-Size it, I lost my appetite for some of it.

Then in my art class we were doing a project with paper-marbling, where paint floats on top of thickened gooey water and a piece of paper is applied to the surface so that a print is produced. The teacher said that the thickener is a kind of seaweed that is used in the fast-food industry often, and that it is completely edible, noting that the last burger we had was dripping with the stuff. Now I saw in another thread people talking about what one can find in this fast food meat, and this prompted me to start this one:

What do you all think is actually contained in the fast food burgers that is… questionable? [/quote]

Real simple: it’s crap!

McDonalds, Burger King and all the rest of them are not in business to help you become healthy. They are in business to make money, and they do it by selling you salt covered, fat laden crap!

You would be better off if you never ate any of it.

[quote]dev wrote:
People.[/quote]

It’s called Soylent Green, Duh.

Oh yeah, fast-food burger composition.

2 all beef patties
Special sauce
Lettuce
Cheese
Pickles
Onions
On a sesame bun.

Simpsons quote:

“We need some more secret sauce! Put this Mayonnaise out in the sun.”

(From TV Tome)

dev wrote:
People.

Yeah,I was just wondering what you people’s knowledge into this was, but I am now happy to see that yall’s diet and lifestyles are so advanced and healthy that fast food doesn’t even have a place there. However, sometimes it would be interesting to know your enemy eh?