Fashion Help

[quote]LoRez wrote:
There’s a line between being well dressed, and being over the top/trying-to-hard; the latter often does come across as gay, and often is done by gay men. Peacocking, in a sense.

But yeah, girls do like a guy who’s well dressed, and people, in general, respond better to you when you’re better dressed.

Probably the most important thing is fit. It’s worth learning how things should fit (in the sartorial sense), and then only buying clothes that fit or can be tailored to fit. Cheap[er] clothes, tailored to fit… look much better than designer clothes that don’t fit. And there is a big difference between “it kind of fits right” and “it fits right”.

As far as jeans though, I have no input. Personally, Lucky fits me well, but I don’t have particularly large thighs or anything.[/quote]

You are spot on.

Waittz’s simple rule of fashion. You should always and only shoot for two adjectives: timeless and effortless.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
It must be the shit area i live in, but it’s been my experience that well dressed men are perceived as being gay. Especially if said male is in decent shape and doesnt look like a troll. [/quote]

I would perceive those people as feeling threatend and/or using a defense machanism because of their own insecurities.

Seriously where do you live? I have traveled all over the world for business and only in the states in like rural areas do people ever express this and it is usually those who are on the lower end of the economic spectrum that do that. Dont mean that as an insult, just an observation.

And ZZ Top said it best, every girl is carzy about a sharp dressed man. [/quote]

Cleveland Ohio (which is a “blue collar” town, and that’s just a polite way of saying trashy) and while at college in rural SE Ohio. I agree that it’s usually haters who dont want you snaking their women, or scummy poor people with that attitude.

x2 on cheaper, well fitting clothing looking better than designer clothes which dont fit. I do think that men should dress nice, but have it be as subtle as possible so as to not stand out.

I won’t even look twice at a guy unless he mainly wears Carhartts.

Bootcut jeans for men? GTFO

That being said, I have your problem man. American Eagle is the only store that supports my thunder thighs, booty, and small waist. Try the “kick boot” style. I found it to be the most flattering.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Cleveland Ohio (which is a “blue collar” town, and that’s just a polite way of saying trashy) and while at college in rural SE Ohio. I agree that it’s usually haters who dont want you snaking their women, or scummy poor people with that attitude. [/quote]

Where in Cleveland? I graduated from Strongsville.

Do you have g-star in the US??

A little expensive, but they have heaps of styles, all “fashionable” and some styles are forgiving to those who have larger thighs and posterior.

Although, I still require a belt.

tweet

I’m a girl, and a farily fashionable one at that, and I lift. so here’s my 0.02…

I applaud that you want to increase your fashion IQ, but don’t let your girl run your style. What does she mean by “dress cooler”? Does she want you to update your wardrobe or be up-to-moment fashionista? If the latter, you’ll need to decide if she’s worth that time, money and effort.

If the former, then figure out your ‘style’. Visit a few brand websites and check out their collections. Diesel is a great brand for athletic guys. Its well-fitting and stylish, but doesn’t look like you’re trying too hard. Other mainstream brands: John Varvatos, Boss (but tends to fit small), Guess/Marciano, and Banana Republic for basics.

Generally, stick with American designers.good luck!

Express Blake Bootcut. You’ll have to find a pair that doesn’t try to do the ‘worn’ or ‘faded’ look and you generally can’t trust the color posted online. I wear 31x34’s and they fit well.

Jesus, has it been three months?

[quote]gtl wrote:
Express Blake Bootcut. You’ll have to find a pair that doesn’t try to do the ‘worn’ or ‘faded’ look and you generally can’t trust the color posted online. I wear 31x34’s and they fit well.[/quote]

Bunch of fucking pussys, change your style because your girl wants you to? FUCK THAT, grow up, grow some fucking balls, dress how you want to fucking dress. She don’t like that? Dump her ass and find another woman that will comply with your style with out being a colossal cunt.

Jesus Christ… grow a pair.

Oh but PIIHB first.

lol.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Cleveland Ohio (which is a “blue collar” town, and that’s just a polite way of saying trashy) and while at college in rural SE Ohio. I agree that it’s usually haters who dont want you snaking their women, or scummy poor people with that attitude. [/quote]

Where in Cleveland? I graduated from Strongsville.[/quote]

Mostly downtown. I worked on the westside for awhile (from Solon) and let’s just say the “blue collar” mentality is very strong on that side of town. IE: being well dressed and driving a European car is not a popular look out there…

Just ditch the jeans…I mean who REALLY needs pants anyways? It is the 21st century

[quote]sonnyp wrote:
You said you are seeing this girl. I’d wait til I got laid before I brought any denim into the relationship.[/quote]

The exact reason why I need to look for a nice pair, if you get my drift…

Update*** Thanks for all your heartwarming comments, and for those who tried to help, thanks for real. I went to the mall and got a bunch of 34X34’s and they fit me real well on the legs which is a plus but now I need to go spend a decent amount getting the waists taken in a the tailor.

I am fashionably retarded and accepting of that. However, gotta start stepping up my game. I’m only 21 so it’s time to learn.

Also, any advice on chinos or pants like that? I went up to 36’s at the mall but they still didn’t fit.

Thanks, y’all.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Sorry but since I already outed myself as a fashion snob I’m ready to call either bullshit or be mean and say you are either ignorant or stupid on fashion. Either way I will help with some info:

First off, your waist measurement is not the same as a waist measurement on jeans(which is different than that of trousers). Most modern cuts for men sit at the hip, not the waist, so figure out if you are a 31 waist in denim or just your waist in 31 inches.

Second having problems with your legs fitting in the current cut of the waist measurement of the jeans doesnt mean you have monster quads, in fact it is usually the butt that is cut too tight but thats another story. Most fashion brands are built and contructed to fit a model prototype bodystyle. These people tend to be ectomorphs, or tall and lean since the clothes from a sartorial standpoint sit better. example: a small drop(differnence between shoulder and waist) is easier to tailor for than a large and looks more aesthetically pleasing in jackets. So if your legs are tight in the jeans it means the brand you are looking at is tailored for skinny people and you are just normal.

Third, exapnding on the concept that clothes for a brand are built on a universal architype, 90% of the time it will not fit you perfect or off the rack which is why tailors exist.

Fourth, it takes no brains or effort to buy a pair of jeans that fit your legs and then take them to a tailor to alter the length and waist which is what you should do.

Fifth, jeans are supposed to fit slimmer in the thigh and butt, so find a better place for your phone(breast pocket) get a slim and streamlined keychain(car/house/office the rest can be seperate if you dont use everyday) and dont use a George Costanza wallet. Get a card holder(back pocket) and money clip for cash(front pocket) like a man.

Sixth, you are full of shit becasue I am 5’7 with a 31 inch waist and 24 in thighs and have no problem fitting in skinny jeans. [/quote]

I am both stupid and ignorant in regards to fashion, but hey, I’m banging a model.

I’m a 31 waist in denim btw. I’m also 6’1 so I find it real weird that I have a normal sized ass and still can’t fit into skinny jeans

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
Just ditch the jeans…I mean who REALLY needs pants anyways? It is the 21st century[/quote]

I wish I could rock cutoff sweatpants to work, and hopefully one day when I work for myself I will do that. But for now, this chick has me on a leash, and I’m OK with that considering how hot she is. When fellatio rates decrease, I will not conform to her fashion standards as much. However, It’s still good to learn to dress right

I’ve said it before in another “jeans don’t fit” thread:

Problem solved. I have yet to meet a woman who didn’t dig a man in a kilt.

[quote]mattyg24 wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
Just ditch the jeans…I mean who REALLY needs pants anyways? It is the 21st century[/quote]

I wish I could rock cutoff sweatpants to work, and hopefully one day when I work for myself I will do that. But for now, this chick has me on a leash, and I’m OK with that considering how hot she is. When fellatio rates decrease, I will not conform to her fashion standards as much. However, It’s still good to learn to dress right[/quote]

more fellatio= more willingness to follow woman’s wishes

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

more fellatio= more willingness to follow woman’s wishes[/quote]

it really is that simple.