Farmers Walk

Anyone purchase the farmers walk handles from elitefts? Wondering how good they are? How much weight they can handle? Trying to decide between the economy or the higher priced/heavier ones. Any help would be appreciated.

A better option to get farmers is from Pitbull Strongman. I have a pair and they’ve held up great. They weigh 40lbs for just the handle and I’ve put another 250 of plate weight on them with no problems. Here’s the link to his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/pitbullstrongmanequipment/photos/2206684#{“ImageId”%3A2206684}

The current price for the deluxe handles is $155 which includes shipping which is quite a bit less than EFS. His economy handles are $105 shipped.

You can also PM Hog Ear on these forums. He sells strongman equipment and might have some handles lying around.

[quote]Scurn wrote:
A better option to get farmers is from Pitbull Strongman. I have a pair and they’ve held up great. They weigh 40lbs for just the handle and I’ve put another 250 of plate weight on them with no problems. Here’s the link to his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/pitbullstrongmanequipment/photos/2206684#{“ImageId”%3A2206684}

The current price for the deluxe handles is $155 which includes shipping which is quite a bit less than EFS. His economy handles are $105 shipped.

You can also PM Hog Ear on these forums. He sells strongman equipment and might have some handles lying around.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I’ll check them out.

I also got my Farmers (and 10" log) from Pitbull Strongman. I got the economy handles, which weigh 12.5lbs each I believe, and I’ve had ~280lbs of plates per handle and I didn’t notice any instability. I’m pretty sure they can handle waaay more weight than most people could ever lift. I highly recommend the Economy handles for the price. Good luck!

-DTC

I have the economy farmers from Pitbull, too, and they’ve handled up to 320 with no problems. Can’t beat the price either. The only problem is it can be a pain in the ass moving around and loading plates, so you may want something with a heavier initial weight. If I had to do it over again, I would have started with something heavier.

[quote]DTC wrote:
I also got my Farmers (and 10" log) from Pitbull Strongman. I got the economy handles, which weigh 12.5lbs each I believe, and I’ve had ~280lbs of plates per handle and I didn’t notice any instability. I’m pretty sure they can handle waaay more weight than most people could ever lift. I highly recommend the Economy handles for the price. Good luck!

-DTC
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I have the economy farmers from Pitbull, too, and they’ve handled up to 320 with no problems. Can’t beat the price either. The only problem is it can be a pain in the ass moving around and loading plates, so you may want something with a heavier initial weight. If I had to do it over again, I would have started with something heavier.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I’ll check them out.

Anyone try the ones from New York Barbel? The economy are like $105 and weigh like twenty pounds I believe.

[quote]rbowl24 wrote:
Anyone try the ones from New York Barbel? The economy are like $105 and weigh like twenty pounds I believe.[/quote]

The handles on those are pretty skinny, but they are quite durable and similar in construction to the Pitbull Farmers.

I would go with the Pitbull Economy farmers.

(Another option would be having a local welder make some handles for you. If you use an I-beam or solid stock you can make heavy farmers and they would not be much more than the economy ones that you order online)