T Nation

Farmers Walk Handles and Lock-Jaw Collars

Anybody know if lock-jaw collars fit on the farmers walk handles from Black Widow Training Gear? Did some searching on here but found no answer.

You might want to try the Rogue Metal HG red collars. They fit and hold great on any 1.9" OD bar, Log, Reverse-Hyper, Axel etc.

Lock jaw are probably not your best option for front-load farmers since they will take a lot of abuse. I would look for metal collars with screw-down closure or perhaps proloc collars. Some other simple options are to just use inexpensive spring clamps from a home improvement store (although in many cases they will fly off when you drop the implements), or wrap a wrist wrap tightly around the bar (this will hold as good or better than any collar).

Thanks for the suggestions. Replying for the sake of future searches. The Lock-Jaws did end up holding on the BWTG handles, but since I have only 1 pair and not very deep pockets, I ended up getting the 98-cent 2-inch spring clamps from Home Depot.

[quote]BuildingMAS wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Replying for the sake of future searches. The Lock-Jaws did end up holding on the BWTG handles, but since I have only 1 pair and not very deep pockets, I ended up getting the 98-cent 2-inch spring clamps from Home Depot.[/quote]

Spring clamps work, but not if you drop the implements and need to re-pick them. For that I would use spring collars with a piece of fabric through them to make the grip (or a wrist strap through them), or just wrap wrist wraps tightly around the bar.