Farmers Walk for Accessory Movements?

I searched but didn’t see anything that addressed my question which is, Does anyone do Farmers Walks as an accessory movement? If so, did it add value to your training program?I’m toying with the idea of adding the FW’s in for fun. I have no plans for a meet any time soon so it wouldn’t wreck that.

Basically, every write up I read for FW handles say that they build the whole body all at once. Is that true or in your experience or puffery? Pitbull strongman will ship his deluxe farmers for $161 and economy for $109 btw if anyone has been wanting some handles.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

You can make a pair of handles without welding for $30 just saying.

All I know is they helped my grip strength immensely.

I’ve done them more for conditioning than for accessory work, at least that’s what I always considered it anyway.

I do. Great for grip and upper back and some conditioning. Certainly worth doing as a deadlift accessory movement every now and again IMO.

Awesome for post lifting conditioning. You don’t even need handles if you have heavy enough dumbbells. Kills my forearms and traps.

[quote]BCP27 wrote:
Awesome for post lifting conditioning. You don’t even need handles if you have heavy enough dumbbells. Kills my forearms and traps. [/quote]
Dumbbells will feel quite a bit different since they can roll and will interfere with your legs more. You can also use FW implements as a sort of trap bar deadlift. Just pick them up and put them down.

To echo some of the other posters here, we do them at the end of our upper body workouts. It’s great for upper back strength, grip strength, and even a way to get in some conditioning work.

thanks guys for the input. I think I’m going to invest in a set.

[quote]Reed wrote:
You can make a pair of handles without welding for $30 just saying.[/quote]

yeah I know but I got enough “redneck engineered” stuff out in the garage lol.