T Nation

Farm Milk

i live in southwestern ohio way out there rural country land and went on a trip to the local farms this weekend instead of the grocery store…was able to get eggs, peaches, tomatoes, etc…my real objective was to get some milk but was unsuccessful the farmers i spoke to when i asked to be pointed in the direction of some dairy farmers looked at me like i asked them where i can find someone that grows weed…not willing to give up any advice/suggestions on how to score some farm fresh milk?

it’s not like i asked if i can milk the cow myself

I’d imagine it would taste sweet in a protein shake

Some stores sell Raw Milk for about 15$ a gallon.

[quote]Siouxfan wrote:
Some stores sell Raw Milk for about 15$ a gallon. [/quote]

maybe in CA, but for most of America it’s easier for an underage person to get alcohol, cigs or pot than it is raw milk

[quote]thefreshmanverve wrote:
it’s not like i asked if i can milk the cow myself[/quote]

It just me or do those look like some testicles?

If you live in Ohio you’re probably not going to get any raw milk and now I understand why those farmers looked at me like I was an undercover.
“Ohio has one of the largest sets of laws and regs in the US and the only dairys left who can sell unhomogenized milk were grandfathered in. There are only two sources left for unhomogenized milk and no official sources for raw”
I’ve been getting the nonhomogenized -minimally pasteurized(to point that is legal) at the local co-op…and yes it does taste freakin delicous in a protein shake I will only have to imagine what how good raw milk would taste
here’s a link to a nice site if anyone interested:

http://www.cheesemaking.com/goodmilklist.html