Fantasy Football

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
i have played through realtime fantasy football before. Pretty nice and easy to use set-up.

12 team league. 30$ buy in and winner gets 250$. But, that means the site is making 110$ off us which i do not find appealing.

I would prefer to set up and join a free league and all the teams send a check for like 20$ to the league commish and we can vote on a payout

such as 20$ x 12 teams = 240$

1st place = 150$
2nd place = 70$
3rd place = 20$

thoughts?[/quote]

Definitely fuck giving any website $110. I don’t know if I’d give any reward to 3rd place either, I think I’d be more in favour of say $200 for the winner and $40 for second place. Not sure if the cheques are the best way to go, I mean no offence here but I don’t know I’m entirely comfortable sending a cheque to an internet acquaintance. Also it could be messy for the commissioner to start sending out cheques to the winners.

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
i have played through realtime fantasy football before. Pretty nice and easy to use set-up.

12 team league. 30$ buy in and winner gets 250$. But, that means the site is making 110$ off us which i do not find appealing.

I would prefer to set up and join a free league and all the teams send a check for like 20$ to the league commish and we can vote on a payout

1st place = 150$
2nd place = 70$
3rd place = 20$

thoughts?[/quote]

Definitely fuck giving any website $110. I don’t know if I’d give any reward to 3rd place either, I think I’d be more in favour of say $200 for the winner and $40 for second place. Not sure if the cheques are the best way to go, I mean no offence here but I don’t know I’m entirely comfortable sending a cheque to an internet acquaintance. Also it could be messy for the commissioner to start sending out cheques to the winners. [/quote]

Does everyone here have a Paypal account?

[quote]redstar144 wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

1st place = 150$
2nd place = 70$
3rd place = 20$

thoughts?[/quote]

Definitely fuck giving any website $110. I don’t know if I’d give any reward to 3rd place either, I think I’d be more in favour of say $200 for the winner and $40 for second place. Not sure if the cheques are the best way to go, I mean no offence here but I don’t know I’m entirely comfortable sending a cheque to an internet acquaintance. Also it could be messy for the commissioner to start sending out cheques to the winners. [/quote]

well we could definitely vote on the payout. I just threw up a quick example. If we don’t use a cheque/check i imagine most of us have a paypal account. I am sure there are other ways to organize the gathering of the money.

I have a paypal account.

I have a paypal account and anyone who doesn’t have one they can be set up in about 5mins.

I think I’ll setup a league then on Yahoo, I’ll invite all those who have PM’ed me, and we can decide on a pot or whatever amongst the members there.

Anybody else who is interested, PM your email. I want this to be a legit T-Nation league, that hopefully runs for years to come. Serious players only please.

sounds good to me

Reading up on how Yahoo runs things as we speak. This should be good for a few laughs. My wife thinks I take football waaaay too seriously, I disagree…kinda lol. Steeler training camp in four more days!

edit/WESTCOAST7, I sent you a PM but you haven’t opened it yet…?

Pm’ed

I have sent out invites to all those who PM’ed me, and am willing to add as many as possible, as deeper leagues make the level of competition much better.

Here is a link to the league homepage: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/221735

League ID: 221735
Password: test

Let me know if there are any changes of suggestions you want to make for the league settings. Also, the draft is set for auto-pick right now, but I’d be more than willing to do a live online draft if enough people can make it.

signed up

i am pumped for this. It should be good times. I agree with all the settings. Thanks for setting this up WC7

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
signed up

i am pumped for this. It should be good times. I agree with all the settings. Thanks for setting this up WC7[/quote]

Yea I’m excited also, should be great. Everyone who want to should join in, as long as you stay active and competitive in the league. Next year if it gets big enough we can do the draft in Vegas. Dream big.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

Next year if it gets big enough we can do the draft in Vegas. Dream big.[/quote]

Saysa the guy in CA…

Spearmint Rhino? Sounds good to me. Although I actually woud need to hide this skill set from my dancer friends…

Do ya’ll want an Autodraft? I generally do live on line drafts but I think it will be a bitch to get everyone available at the same time.

Thanks for the mail & invite WC. I look forward to this.

On a side note. I’m a huge Jets fan & just heard we’re in talks w/T.O… WTF!!! Talk about scramblin’ shit together. Between Hard Knocks & filling PSL’s this team is going to screw the pooch w/all it’s personalities.

I see T.O. going to the Begnals. They are good at taking these personalities aboard. Time will tell. I don’t know if he could be in the same room as the the other diva 8cinco.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/07/27/news-jets-contact-t-o/

It’s already hit the streets!

[quote]JGerman wrote:
Do ya’ll want an Autodraft? I generally do live on line drafts but I think it will be a bitch to get everyone available at the same time. [/quote]

I want to do a live draft for sure, it’s just whether everyone could make it or not.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]JGerman wrote:
[/quote]

I want to do a live draft for sure.[/quote]

Word.

I think it is set up for auto draft though. same thing happened to me when I created a league w Yahoo.

^I’m old, so don’t make it to late.