Fan of What T Nation Was, Not a Fan of What It Has Become Now

probably taken during that grace period between 3 month long rehab and her first meth binge after getting out

3 Likes

I used to work in really rural areas and section 8 housing urban centers. You have a really rosy idea of what meth addicts look like.

r20050715-cover

I will throw my vote in for liking the site still. My purchase history goes back to May 2000, so I guess I’m about to celebrate 18 years on this site. Do I get a t-shirt or something?

I enjoy the articles and advice very much. I don’t think there are too many adds or hawking of ancillary products. But really, it’s the quality products that I’m here for and I have benefited from them greatly over the years.

1 Like

Can’t a dude just bust chops anymore?

2 Likes

Not when it’s such a serious topic!!!

2 Likes

I don’t remember that at all, but I apologize. I think I very rarely took myself or anything I posted seriously, but I now I look at that as being a fucked up way to act in the world, whether it’s on the internet or face to face.

I’ve never been on twitter, but I honestly get a little sick feeling when I see the twitter trolls and social justice warriors because I think, damn, if I was born 10 years later that might have been me.

I wouldn’t imagine you would - it was 10 years ago or more … no need to apologize but accepted none-the-less.

I know the feeling - That type of negativity really does infect someone’s mindset whether or not they know it.

It’s strange because at the time I thought I was happy, but negativity comes from somewhere.

I think Jordan Peterson is right in that happiness is kind of a frivolous, transient state (probably not his exact words). What people really need is a purpose, and engagement with the world.

2 Likes

Man I hear ya - I felt the same way. For me it came from frustration from not having the things I thought I wanted.

OMG, get a room.

6 Likes

Seriously, can we just go back to talking about Anna Kendrick?

Not if it’s about Anna Kendrick.

2 Likes

Hey, I called someone a jerk just last week so I have yet to outgrow this! And that was after I admired @SkyzykS deep thoughts about how we are “50 percent of every interaction.” @beerisgoodforyou, if you see this. I apologize. I should have at least put that in the past tense. You were a jerk when you were a kid. A lot of boys do stupid and mean stuff. If I had said it that way, I doubt you would have decided to insult me back. And it’s totally fine if you think my hobbies are super lame, or if you make fun of my squat. It’s a well known fact that my squat is sad.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I’m a vagitarian.

6 Likes

Totally off topic, I can’t wait for my little guy to be 4 or 5 so I can have him start watching old Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Mel Brooks movies

4 Likes

Heck ya, man.

Gotta start em young before they develop a taste for what passes as comedy these days (JFC I’m getting old)

3 Likes

No love for Shumer?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that necessarily. The guy was actually being a jerk, and I’m pretty sure you woukd have told him that to his face. His reaction was a bit much.

Schumer has the most unfortunate name in the history of the world.

It’s of Yiddish origin. And it means “scum.”

Seriously:

It was an insulting name (or even epithet) given by Jewish villagers to the vagabond snake-oil salesmen that would come to town a con people and/or steal and beg for fake charities.

Her ancestors must have been real prizes.

2 Likes