T Nation

Famous Words On Film!

djf started a GREAT thread when he asked about good films that were 2 years old or older (it’s still going!) It made me think that “Great Words On Film” would probably make a good thread. (I hope!) So I’ll start (in no particular order):

1)"The NAME is MR. Tibbs!" (Sidney Portier; "To Sir With Love")

1. “AHL BE BAHK!” (uttered by Arnold NO-last-name-neccesary; “The Terminator”)

3)“Go ahead…make my day” by Dirty Harry Himself, Clint Eastwood; “Dirty Harry”)

1. “Lemme Intro-doose Youse To My Two Little Friends” Al Pacino; “ScarFace”…)

2. “Yippy-Yi-Yo-Ki-YAY! Mother F*@#er!” Bruce Willis; “Die Hard”)

6)“Dave…you seem tense…perhaps you need a rest…” HAL 5000 computer; “2001: A Space Odyssey”

Enjoy!

Had to sneak in two more…both from “Pulp Fiction”: “Say “what”…I DARE 'ya…say “WHAT” AGAIN!!! JUST SAY “WHAT” AGAIN!!!” (Samuel L. Jackson); “…then I’ll have to go Medival on his ass…” (Vhing Rhames)…okay…no more from me…!

Hannibal Lecter “I’m having a friend for dinner” I love that one.

“I’m a star” dirk diggler

What about, “I don’t care if Butch goes to Indochina man, I wanna niggah, hiding out in a bowl of rice, ready to put a cap in his ass!” --Pulp Fiction

mac…YEAH!!! I forgot that one by Vhing Rhames! I think the CASTING was pure genius in “Pulp Fiction”. Anybody remember if Tarantino was the writer of the screenplay? (He was, of course, the Director…)

“this beer reminds me of a joke…” -Quentin Tarantino in Desperado

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light? -Batman

“Funny…Funny like a clown. I’m i hear of your amusment…”

Sorry Mufasa, your #1 is from “In the Heat of the Night” with Rod Stieger and Sidney Portier. Still a good line though.

How about “What we have here is a failure to communicate” Cool Hand Luke

“I’m just barely gettin’ warmed up.” - Al Pacino, Scent of a Woman. “You can’t handle the truth!” - Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men. “I have created FIRE!” - Tom Hanks, Cast Away. “Twenty minutes in bed with me and you’ll sell that thing as scrap metal.” - Woody Allen, Sleeper. “Your worst nightmare.” - Sylvester Stallone, Rambo 3. “Remember the code.” - Dennis Quaid, Dragonheart.

“On my mark…Unleash Hell”. From Gladiator, Russel Crowe.

“You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there, but I’d rather take his word for it.” - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy

“you are one pathetic loser”, from dumb and dumber, any line from that movie is great especially the end “my friend is a little slower….the town is that way”……also the entire speak that Jack Nicholson gives in A Few Good Men about getting a blow job from a superior officer,

run you little cockhroachs…who’s the bad guy NOW. Pacino scarface

ET phone home.

i could’ve had class, i could’ve been a contender, i coulda somebody, instead of a bumm…-marlon berando on the waterfront… she’s got a great ass!..-al pacino heat…i’m the hand up mona lisa’s skirt, i’m the surprise and they never see me comin’…-al pacino devil’s advocate

“They may take our lives, but they’ll never take, our freedom!” Mel Gibson, Braveheart. “Ah, but you didn’t get to 'cause you’re black?” “Hell no! Damn alligator bit my hand off!” Chuck from Happy Gilmore. “Do, Ray, Egon” Egon from Ghostbusters. “Hey we’re walking” from Stripes, Egon from ghostbusters again, what’s his name. Good one maclar.

1. “Women. Can’t live with 'em… Can’t kill 'em.” - Tom Arnold, True Lies
  2. “Women. Can’t live with 'em, can’t have heterosexual sex without them.” - ?

“Squeak, squeaker, squeakin.” Krunk, The Emperor’s New Groove.