Family Values

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Ford Motor Co. faced sharp criticism from gay and lesbian advocacy groups for agreeing to stop advertising in gay-themed publications in the face of a boycott by the conservative American Family Association, according to a report Tuesday.

The AFA launched a boycott of Ford (Research) in May to protest marketing aimed at gay and lesbian consumers, the Detroit News said. The automaker responded by promising that most of its brands, with the exception of Sweden-based Volvo, will no longer target gay consumers through advertising.

After Ford’s concession, gay and lesbian organizations argued that the automaker caved in to pressure from the religious right, the paper said.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/06/news/fortune500/ford_ads/index.htm?cnn=yes

It’s amazing that putting the word “family” in your name pretty much guarantees fucktard status.

I though lesbians only drove Suburu’s

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
I though lesbians only drove Suburu’s[/quote]

Around here it’s Ford Rangers.

Boycotts to my knowledge , really took on hold for social ( i am including these conservative groups as such) issues during the 60’s with the African Americans boycotting the busses right after the rosa parks stuff happened. So MLk jr spear-headed the effort. It was for a good thing.

Now, in an effort to capitalize on the romantic idea of a boycott, we have these bozos. I don’t think that it will be an effective boycott NOR last long at all.

But, Ford is a business and has to choose which group they will offend the least. Ford would love to advertize to gay people if not for these bozos trying to stop it.

But harris, we will laugh last. Attitudes are changing all the time and growing more " liberal " as far as acceptance of people goes. So they probably won’t be able to pull this kind of thing off in about 20 or 30 years.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
I though lesbians only drove Suburu’s[/quote]

Suburus are the crappiest car in the universe in my opion.

Not the subaru wrx sti it is one of the fastest cars a working person will ever be able to afford(if you include maintenace into the equation) 300 horsepower all weel drive. Super fast

BigDon, it doesn’t matter what we think. Cause God will always hate them and they will burn in hell.

Dont get to close to’em…you might catch the gay. Watch out.

…Idiots

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
BigDon, it doesn’t matter what we think. Cause God will always hate them and they will burn in hell.

…Idiots[/quote]

You can catch gay?

You’re right Irish, another reason to have seperate taverns and the like.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

…Idiots

You can catch gay?

You’re right Irish, another reason to have seperate taverns and the like.[/quote]

Right. And it’s “the gay”, not just “gay”. Kind of like “the Jets” or “the flu”. Need “the” in there…

What is the AFA afraid of exactly? That some of them there gays will end up driving the same kind of car they do? They don’t want their friends giving them shit because that fruit-loop down the street drives an F-150 just like them.

[quote]fahd wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Suburus are the crappiest car in the universe in my opion.[/quote]

Mini-Coopers here.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
fahd wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Suburus are the crappiest car in the universe in my opion.

Mini-Coopers here.[/quote]

How did that car make it through all of the checks and balances of a design /engineering dept. of a quality car manufacturer?

Wasn’t there one clear thinker who stood up and said “you have got to be F’n kidding me!”

This is one ugly-ass car.

[quote]Mattthepug wrote:
Not the subaru wrx sti it is one of the fastest cars a working person will ever be able to afford(if you include maintenace into the equation) 300 horsepower all weel drive. Super fast[/quote]

True, but have you seen the BAJA Sport?