T Nation

Family Research Council Rampage Thwarted

Two people, including a security guard, were reportedly shot this morning at the headquarters of the pro-life group Family Research Council.

According to information provided to LifeNews from a Washington pro-life source, a man posing as an intern shot the guard at the FRC office located at 801 G Street, NW.

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins confirmed the security officer was shot and said in a statement, "The police are investigating this incident. Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today. Our concern is for him and his family."

According to a Fox News report: “A suspect walked in and started yelling about things they (FRC) supported & opened fire.”

The suspect "made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard," a source told Fox News. WJLA-TV7 reported the suspect was also shot. Sources also said the gunman may have been carrying a bag from Chick-fil-A, the embattled fast-food restaurant whose president came under fire from gay activists after he said he did not agree with same-sex marriage.

Sources told Fox New that after guard took away his gun, the suspect said, "Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for."

Liberals are all about tolerance, provided you march 100% in agreement with their views.

Christians are to be silenced, if not killed.

A reminder that most violent revolutionaries are liberals.

The man evidently shared views of both the right and left

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The man evidently shared views of both the right and left[/quote]

What evidence do you have to support that theory?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Actually, he was gay, worked at a LGBT Center, and spoke out openly against the group whose members he attempted to murder.

http://wtop.com/209/2994515/Conservative-groups-guard-shot-in-DC

In short, this was a politically-based attack. Undoubtedly, the shooter will be have mental problems, but his motive was clear and rationale.

That said, since the story does not fit the media template of a TEA-party terrorist, but is rather a (sadly, much more typical) left-winger gone crazy, you will never hear about this story again from the media.

– Mrs. Jewbacca

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Actually, he was gay, worked at a LGBT Center, and spoke out openly against the group whose members he attempted to murder.

http://wtop.com/209/2994515/Conservative-groups-guard-shot-in-DC

In short, this was a politically-based attack. Undoubtedly, the shooter will be have mental problems, but his motive was clear and rationale.

That said, since the story does not fit the media template of a TEA-party terrorist, but is rather a (sadly, much more typical) left-winger gone crazy, you will never hear about this story again from the media.

– Mrs. Jewbacca[/quote]

Mrs. Jewbacca laying the smack down.

Not enough people died I guess

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Not enough people died I guess[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

What do you mean?[/quote]

Shootings have become so common. It’s getting to the point where if at least X amount of people do not die in the altercation, it’s not newsworthy.

[quote]Sloth wrote:[quote]therajraj wrote:Not enough people died I guess[/quote]What do you mean?[/quote]I know Raj speaks in tongues so please allow me to attempt an interpretation. People he’ll call conservatives usually kill more people so their attacks are more newsworthy.
EDIT: Interpretation down in flames.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Shootings have become so common. It’s getting to the point where if at least X amount of people do not die in the altercation, it’s not newsworthy.
[/quote]

Please.

If this was reversed and the shooter a right-winger instead of a homo actitivist, it would be a 24 hour news event.

Heck, ABC jumped out and slandered the heck out of some random guy to make a TEA party connection at the Batman shooting.

The media long-ago ceased to even resemble anything but a propaganda machine.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Please.

If this was reversed and the shooter a right-winger instead of a homo actitivist, it would be a 24 hour news event.

Heck, ABC jumped out and slandered the heck out of some random guy to make a TEA party connection at the Batman shooting.

The media long-ago ceased to even resemble anything but a propaganda machine.[/quote]

Very well said!

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Please.

The media long-ago ceased to even resemble anything but a propaganda machine.[/quote]

Yup, pretty much.

Whether a psychopath is liberal or conservative matters not at all. Liberals and conservatives have more in common with each other than either group has with its own psychopaths and killers.

edited

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

What evidence do you have to support that theory?[/quote]

like myself a gun nut

[quote]smh23 wrote:
Whether a psychopath is liberal or conservative matters not at all. Liberals and conservatives have more in common with each other than either group has with its own psychopaths and killers.

edited[/quote]

I don’t disagree. The way the media treats them, however, is night and day.