T Nation

Family Guy Star Wars

I’m watching this right now and I must say the first 10 minutes have been the funniest shit I’ve seen on TV in years.

If anyone here thinks Family Guy was just funny for a little while or has jumped the shark, just watch the scene with Stewie as Darth Vader talking LA real estate.

Well, I messed the first 30 minutes and the rest failed to impress me. I have always liked Family Guy.

(Note the screen name, I happen to be a bit of a Star Wars fan)

The Thai fighter is the only thing that really stood out as funny. There were a couple other funny bits like most of what R2 did, but other wise it wasn’t too good.

Yeah maybe I should have watched the whole thing. But the first 10 minutes still ruled.

I thought Robot Chicken’s Star Wars parody was better,the boba fett skit was awesome.

Robot Chicken? Is that even a show? I mean it is only like 15 minutes and not even on a real network.

I don’t know by far my favorite Robot Chicken skit was Captain planet

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YXa7gRDtEAU

for those of you who haven’t seen it

wow i wanted to watch this so bad. i hope it airs again.

Come on how could you mnot love the lines
“Well stay here and rot you stuck up bitch”

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Robot Chicken? Is that even a show? I mean it is only like 15 minutes and not even on a real network.[/quote]

Nice Zap! I loved it when Luke/Chris says he’s off to bulls-eye some womp-rats in his T-16 and C-3PO/Quagmire says that’s not a good sign shooting animals and such. Luke/Chris turns and says “Look, there are 2 suns and no women on this planet!”

lois trying to figure out how to program the R2D2 unit was pretty funny.

I thought it was pretty damn funny. The Thai fighter bit drew explosive laughter from me. I’m not picky though, if it’s animated comedy I will find reason to love it.

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
I thought Robot Chicken’s Star Wars parody was better,the boba fett skit was awesome.[/quote]

That shit was fucking hilarious.

I love Star Wars and I like the Family guy…but I was really bored with this episode. I’ll have to check out the Robot Chicken thing soon.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
I love Star Wars and I like the Family guy…but I was really bored with this episode. I’ll have to check out the Robot Chicken thing soon.[/quote]

bored the shit out of me too

The episode is streaming on this site for free.

http://www.familyguynow.com/watch.php?id=601

Separated into 2 parts, the link to part 2 is right below the video.

Wow. That was retarded. The couch gag was alright, but man, I feel dumber for having watched it. I’m too big of a Star Wars fan to resist I guess, even though I don’t like Family Guy.

Stealing a real plot from a movie doesn’t help jokes that aren’t funny to begin with… who do they write this for 10 year olds? They are the only ones I can fathom who would laugh at the “red X standby” — and to be honest I don’t even know who those random ass guys were. Red Fox?? uhhh alright.

The funniest part of the whole show was when the Millenium Falcon was flying into the Death Star’s hanger with the two imperial soldiers in the foreground, which was an awesome special effects shot 30 years ago, and one of the guys put his hand around the other guy’s waist, and the other guy shoved him away. I laughed at that for like 5 minutes.

The only other funny moments to me were basically Family Guy gags that had nothing to Star Wars and could have been used in any episode.

At least in this version, Han shoots first.