Family Guy and Blasephemy

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
sacriligeous is our society today. take a look around man, there isnt much that doesnt go against God these days. actually, there’s never been a pure religious time in human history. There’s always gonna be devince.

I know i’ll get flamed for saying this but America doesnt take religion as erious as the mddle east so thats why Family Guy can get away with it. the creators of family giy know that and that why the dont go aftr Alah. There would be big problems if Alah or Mohamed were to show on family.[/quote]

I agree…going after Allah would bring BIG trouble…theyre pretty defensive.

There is the fantastic new feature found on many, if not all, TVs these days… A FUCKING POWER BUTTON. No one forces you to watch. Asses like the this ruin all funny tv and radio shows, it is yet another form of trolling.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
There is the fantastic new feature found on many, if not all, TVs these days… A FUCKING POWER BUTTON. No one forces you to watch. Asses like the this ruin all funny tv and radio shows, it is yet another form of trolling.[/quote]

Agreed. I went to school with some kids whose parents didn’t allow ANY television in the house at all. I just don’t get why people complain about tv shows when all they have to do is not watch. There are too many people in this country that are way too happy trying to control what everyone else does or says.

You would think “do it for the children” would be considered a joke by now.

Robot Chicken has done alot worste than Family Guy. I like both cartoons especially when they use religion.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
God and Jesus should be off limits[/quote]

So should beating women, but you started a huge thread about how much you wanted to kick some loud mouthed chick’s ass.

You’re so awesome dude.

Also, Seth is a proclaimed Atheist.

Just tossing that out there.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
A lot of the new episodes are quite annoying as they way too politically involved. The older episodes seemed much more entertaining.
[/quote]

Yep so true, I agree also, it’s just as annoying as seeing the comments on a youtube page *band sux balls", if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Its supposed to be a comedy show. (although, lets face it, its really no that funny)
So it really pisses me off when they try and get political.
Or when they only make fun of one religion.

At least south park makes fun of Jew Catholics, Muslims. etc.
but family guy only attacks Christianity for the most part.
They need to get a reality check, and know their place. They are supposed to make people laugh.

Blasphemy… This is maddness

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Hold on just a goddamn minute!

clip11 wrote:
Like when they portray God in bed with a woman?

Would you be happier if they were biblically accurate and portrayed God in bed with the 12-year-old Virgin Mary?[/quote]

You’re so fucking stupid. I’m not even going to begin debating with you. (aside from the fact that you’re just too stupid)

I just want to make sure everyone sees what you posted. Fucking stupid.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
I think God and Jesus should be off limits[/quote]

I don’t.

[quote]Little Kong wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:
Hold on just a goddamn minute!

clip11 wrote:
Like when they portray God in bed with a woman?

Would you be happier if they were biblically accurate and portrayed God in bed with the 12-year-old Virgin Mary?

You’re so fucking stupid. I’m not even going to begin debating with you. (aside from the fact that you’re just too stupid)

I just want to make sure everyone sees what you posted. Fucking stupid.
[/quote]

You realize he was making a joke right? On top of that, a joke about the absurdity of the whole virgin crap

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Do you want FG to be politically correct, Clip?

I didn’t think of you to be the god fearing type…[/quote]

Yea, but i mean you got to have respect for something…

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Since this post isn’t loading any new messages and is a waste.

OP- your profile says 5’11 175 lbs

DB Chest Press 145 DBs x10 reps? Get the fuck out with only a 255x10 Incline Bench?
You adding those DBs together?[/quote]

But im almost up tp 350 on the incline for a max and two 145’s added is 290…so a 255 incline for 10 and 290 for ten bench press isnt so far fetched…35 pound difference

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
clip11 wrote:
God and Jesus should be off limits

So should beating women, but you started a huge thread about how much you wanted to kick some loud mouthed chick’s ass.

You’re so awesome dude.[/quote]

Never said I wanted to beat a woman, read the whole thread and not selected portions. Reading is fundamental!

I mean if they make fun of jesus, them they should make fun of muhummad. Its not like there isnt any material. It just boils down to whats fuckin politically correct. Plus this isnt Iran its America where we should be allowed to make fun of muhummad!!!

[quote]Sabastian525 wrote:
clip11 wrote:
Is it me or does Family Guy seem sacriligeous?

This is the actual question.

“Grow up” and “It’s just a cartoon” is not an answer to that question, it’s a dodge.

Yes, Family Guy certainly is sacrilegeous. Offending someone’s faith is the best way to garner shock value. It also leans heavily on violence, dancing fetuses, and stolen jokes, mostly from The Simpsons. However, Family Guy has every right to make fun of anything it wants. Free country and all.

-Sab[/quote]

Yeah it is a free country so lets make fun of muhummad and allah as well, theres plenty of material!!!

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
sacriligeous is our society today. take a look around man, there isnt much that doesnt go against God these days. actually, there’s never been a pure religious time in human history. There’s always gonna be deviance.

I know i’ll get flamed for saying this but America doesnt take religion as serious as the mddle east so thats why Family Guy can get away with it. the creators of family giy know that and thats why the dont go after Allah. There would be big problems if Allah or Mohamed were to show on family guy.[/quote]

Who cares? I want to see some Allah jokes!

I just think if they make fun ofone they should male fun of all! Why should we care about what someone in Pakistan thinks about us makig fun of muhummad? The way i see it we’re just acting scared like some pssies, we should make fun of muhummad on Family Guy and dare them to say something! Thats the damn problem we’re too politically correct, who the hell cares if someone gets mad!

I need to sit down and watch an episode of this, all the controversy has be curious.