Falling Like Dominoes...Matt Lauer

Damn not Cubes too FML

Well there in lies the problem… Among the accusations you have ‘leering’ and checking a woman out, which is in no way similar to the initial accusation from a named source who, if her description of events be true, is attempted rape. These are not the same things! One is merely creepy and offensive if you want it to be. The other is time in prison and deservedly so.

My problem is some people are lumping in ‘staring’ or ‘cat calling’ in the same category as rape. It’s ‘all sexual assault’. Well no it’s not, some of it is down right rape and the other is creepy at best, save for if Brad Pitt did it, then it would be a compliment.

The scariness of being ruined by mere allegation is terrifying. We the people need to figure this shit out quick, before the body count get’s too high…

Do I think Krauss did this stuff? I think there is too much smoke not to be a little fire. There is a lot there to digest. I certainly think enough people have witnessed the ‘creep factor’ in Krauss to not be surprised of these allegations. And some of the allegations do indeed have witnesses. The first is the worst. I don’t know what the woman who came forward would have to gain for telling her story. She used her name at the risk of the backlash and told a story of attempted rape. So did he do it? I am leaning more toward yes, than no.

1 Like

I pretty much agree with everything you said, and the nuance you mention is important. It is a distraction to actual victims of sexual assault or abuse to pretend that a failed attempt at asking someone on a date is the same as rape.

I think people are aware of this to a certain extent, and if it is only one accuser I think there can be potential for alternative motives, but when multiple people like in Krauss’ case come out… hard to see how that would happen.

2 Likes

I had a wrestling coach that was only a few years out of college, so 25, maybe 26. Coolest guy in the world, great looking by any standard- married the best looking girl in the school district shortly after she graduated.

They lived happily ever after. Man times have changed. That was probably 1986 or so.

1 Like

Yeah, Krauss has multiple accusers around the world, who technically have no real chance of ever knowing each other. So collusion is out, or at least very unlikely. And what is the motivation for coming after a D list celebrity at best, just to ruin a guy?
And we don’t know the full extent of it and if other people are going to come forward, who were afraid to, previously because they did not want to be shunned in a predominantly male arena. Now that someone has pulled their finger out of the dike, the flood may come forth.
If he is as described, there are bound to be more victims.

This is a good article about the situation:

And for a big plot twist from CA. I’m not sure #MeToo means what she thinks it means, lol.

Garcia’s photo was featured in TIME’s Person of the Year issue, which honored the “Silence Breakers” coming forward about sexual harassment.

2 Likes

It’s properly pronounced “pound me, too.”

5 Likes

God damnit… Got me with that

2 Likes

Well played, sir/madam/gender-fluid individual.

2 Likes

I’d put a couple hundred down on the bet that if she was hot and not a troll, there’d be zero complaints.

I bow to your genius…lol

1 Like

I personally believe that most men over the age of 50 who held position of great power and influence over people have committed some form of, at best, what would now be considered sexual indiscretion and, at worst, what would now be considered abusive behavior.

I am inclined to believe the accusations against Tom Brokaw as well, and see lots of problems with the letter Brokaw penned in response to the accusations.

But at least Brokaw, to my knowledge, hasn’t shown severe levels of cognitive dissonance by proclaiming himself an ally of women’s right and #MeToo

1 Like

Damn, is there male with a little power that doesn’t wag his dick at women uninvited?

Couldn’t resist

3 Likes

here’s another one

3 Likes

How many are out there who have committed something but aren’t being reported?

To damn many… I don’t know totally what this #metoo moment means.

I don’t like that the difference between say, bad come-ons are on par with sexual assult and even rape, or attempted rape.
There needs to be a differentiation between fair mild inappropriate behavior and truly harmful behavior.
For instance Aziz Ansari had what turned out to be a regretful date, but I don’t see where he deliberately hurt anybody. A bad date isn’t sexual assult. Which is what I understand his case to be. He is.certainly no Harvey Weinstien.
The cases are nother even in the same ball park.

We have to draw a line where the crossover to from a mistake isn’t career end, but true predators need to be brought to justice.
Removing the statute of limitations on.sex crimes is a good start.

Let’s get ol’ Harvey and Roman Polanski their days in court. Let the system work for the abused.
Harvey was bad, but Polanski should be under a jail.
Creating a rape scene where an actual rape happened for an authentic look for a movie is a life sentence my book.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what Polanski did.

Nope I was wrong, I had him confused with this: