Failure an Option?

Could someone please explain to me the right definition of failure as it pertains to weight-lifting…

A sage seer on another board a few years ago answered my question about this. Failure is lifting to the point of complete muscular exhaustion, the inability to lift more despite the brain continuing to tell the muscle to do so.

Failure is not something to take lightly and do all the time. When you have done so your central nervous system needs time to recuperate. I lift more for strength, and when doing so I try to challenge my muscles to the near brink of failure, but use the wisdom to not risk failing, unless my guess as to how much was left in me to do was wrong.

If you try to jump x feet high you do it or you miss.
The previous post is clear.
Librairies are filled with books to start your learning process.
Here you can do a search and get tons of answers.
All the best!

[quote]DeadKong wrote:
A sage seer on another board a few years ago answered my question about this. Failure is lifting to the point of complete muscular exhaustion, the inability to lift more despite the brain continuing to tell the muscle to do so.

Failure is not something to take lightly and do all the time. When you have done so your central nervous system needs time to recuperate. I lift more for strength, and when doing so I try to challenge my muscles to the near brink of failure, but use the wisdom to not risk failing, unless my guess as to how much was left in me to do was wrong.

[/quote]

this. but its more of a failure to give up weight training altogether. I know thats not what you meant though.