T Nation

Fahrenheit 9-11

It looks like Michael Moore’s new film has a distributor, and will debut in theaters on June 25th. (I’m not sure how widely it will be released, at first).

You can watch the trailer at http://www.michaelmoore.com/

Looks like it’s going to be good… worth it just to see John Ashcroft sing his original composition “Let the Eagle Fly”…

I wouldn’t see a movie made by that fat ass, two dollar shit bum. He looks like a freakin hobo.

The only people who will watch that piece of shit are anti-american bush haters.

Hahahaha… that’s a great reason not to see a movie!

You could probably lose a lot of fat with that movie.

OK, now I’m just teasing the forum moderator.

Uh oh, its the always classic redneck “anti-american bush hater” comment.

If you haven’t seen it… how do you know it’s so bad… can you say prejudgement boys and girls. Oh wait, it must be bad, it doesn’t say nice things about your hero… [rolling eyes]

Why watch it when you dont even know how much of it is true or how much he made up? We already know he lied about one interview. What else has he lied about?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/127ujhuf.asp

C,mon Goldberg, do you think the Weekly Standard is gonna give the complete truth? That is a 150% percent conservative mag! I by no means think Michael Moore is a hero or genius and that his movie is gonna be the gospel, but I dare you to see it and then make your judgement! I bet its gonna have some interesting points to make.

Goldberg do you also give George Bush super hero like status in your view of him? Do you think he is above making mistakes or having heard numerous persons from Government and the military (republicans as well) come out and say the leadership for this war effort has been inept at best, will you admit his leadership has been far from good?

“I wouldn’t see a movie made by that fat ass, two dollar shit bum. He looks like a freakin hobo.”
—>And this reflects his filmmaking ability and opinions how???

“The only people who will watch that piece of shit are anti-american bush haters.”
—>You seem reasonable and not at all ignorant…cheers!

" We already know he lied about one interview. What else has he lied about?"
—>Goldberg, on this basis, I believe you MUST ask the same question about Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld!!! No two ways about it!

I liked Bowling for Columbine, but thought a bit of it was being stretched to help his points along. He also seems like a huge fan of himself. This says nothing, however, about his next film which no one has seen.

Doesn’t it make sense to reserve judgement and watch the film with the same objective, critical eye that you should use to evaluate all of your information?

Hey Elk, vroom & lucid -

I hear Fidel Castro is having some trouble - why don’t you upstanding Americans/Canadians go give him some support?.

Micheal Moore has every right to spew his B.S. as much as the next guy, regardless of your belief that we are under a “Facist” regime.

What I find incredibly insulting is your guys’ belief that, unless you are a toad-licking liberal, you have no right to criticize.

I hate the very air that Moore breathes - I find it insulting that people died on Normandy in order to allow this needle-dicked asshole the right to spew his anti-american vitriole.

Does that make me closed minded? A hick? backwoods? (I forgot the rest of your most imaginative adjectives to describe those of us who dare disagree with you or your five generals.)

News flash - The First Amendment is there for everyone - even for those of us who don’t burn flags, or support anti-american pieces of garbage.

Hey elk im sure you didnt read the article because if you did you would see it was an editorial by the guy who Moore supposedly interviewed but didnt. He was setting the record straight.

You have a funny definition of anti-american. It seems like everyone that doesn’t share your viewpoint is anti-american.

Who ever said you have no right to criticize? Criticize away!!!

However, when your criticism is based on really silly reasoning, expect to be criticized yourself. Suck it up!

Where do you get the notion that anyone is against criticism?

vroom -

You don’t honestly think that Moore is against America? Name one thing he’s done that is pro-America. I’m not the one who started crying facist - I believe that was you guys.

If a person is demonstrably proud of the fact that they are against almost anything that america represnts, then they are anti-american. I believe Moore fits that description.

What difference does it make how I label you guys, anyhow?

You toad lickers don’t seem to mind looking down your pseudo-educated noses at those of us who disagree with you, now do you? But it’s o.k. to be holier-than-thou if you’re “open-minded” and liberal.

I might download it from Kazaa, because I love a good comedy!

The trailer is hilarious! It actually uses the word “truth”. LOL!

Rainjack-
You remind me an awful lot of Archie Bunker. Very similar reasoning skills! Also Rainjack will you feel better if I defer that you are more knowledgable then the “Five Generals”? You said you hate the very air M. M. breaths, your not going to be climbing any towers down there in Texas with your hunting rifle are you? Keep that hate in check it can kill ya brotha!

Goldberg-
I’m not defending Michael Moore, I just said his movie will probably bring up some interesting points! I would like to hear your assessment after you have seen it.

“I hear Fidel Castro is having some trouble - why don’t you upstanding Americans/Canadians go give him some support?”

—>Better yet, why don’t we invade Cuba and install a democratic regime!

“News flash - The First Amendment is there for everyone - even for those of us who don’t burn flags, or support anti-american pieces of garbage.”

—>See, this is how it works - an issue is brought up, people comment on it, and others comment on previous commentary. BAM! Free speech in action! Who said anything was wrong you disagreeing with liberals? Because you do, liberals will argue with you…it’s called discourse/debate/dialogue.

“Name one thing he’s done that is pro-America.”

---->One thing: He speaks out on his perception of injustices…what’s more “American” than that?!

Elk -

How is it that I am like Archie Bunker? Is it because I don’t hate the same people you do - namely Bush and his croanies?

Maybe we should all be more like Michael Stivic.

Had a conservative made the deer-rifle comment - you and your gang would have hijacked this thread ad nauseum defending your fellow sandal-wearer, and crying totalitarianism.