T Nation

Facial Toning

Currently I am trying to burn some extra fat off from my face, mainly around the cheeks. My goal is to get a less rounded baby-fat facial shape to a more sculpted look. I know area-specific fat reduction is basically the stuff of surgery, but I’m not really into getting surgery for cosmetic reasons.

I weight around 150lb, and am just starting a bulking up regiment. Also, one of my biggest fears is that I will add even more fat to my face and abs. Any way I can bulk up without this happening?

Note: I don’t have a baby face or double chins or anything, i’m just looking to tone it so that I can achieve that sculpted look of fitness experts.

Learn to like your face. It probably won’t change. :slight_smile:

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Learn to like your face. It probably won’t change. :)[/quote]

Some HGH will give you that chiseled jaw line though.

Unless you are 5’ tall and are carrying around fat, you probably won’t change the shape of your face much. I doubt you have much fat at 150lbs.

C’mon, you know the answer to this already. The only way to lose fat from your face is to lose fat in general.

I say, instead of going for the face of fitness trainers, focus on building a muscular body. Nobody will question your babyfat if its apparent that you lift weights (something youre not making at 150lbs).

I don’t know how old you are, but growing some facial hair will help hide babyfat. Justin Timberlake has a bigger face but does a nice job of covering it with scruff.

You’re not going to prevent fat from accumulating on your abs while bulking. You can choose where you want your fat to go. If you’re bulking just accept the fact that you’re not going to have great abs until you cut back down again.

Still 150 lbs is kind of skinny and I’m thinkin you would probably look better at 180 or so with a little bit more fat on your abs than stick thin with abs.

lol…

Dude, learn to like your face.

Have you heard of the Bodyblade? Well I think they make one for the face. You put it in your mouth while you stand on a Bosu ball, as pictured in the Super-Accumulation Program article.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1605986

also, depending on how old you are, your face will change any way, ya know that whole Testosterone thing, the shape of my face totally changed ion a winter, i had a beard over the winter, in spring shaved and my face was totally differnt, square jaw, more defined and ‘manly’ this took place when i was about 19, I’m now 22 going on 23, and its STILL changed

[quote]bransao wrote:
Have you heard of the Bodyblade? Well I think they make one for the face. You put it in your mouth while you stand on a Bosu ball, as pictured in the Super-Accumulation Program article.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1605986[/quote]

Brilliant! This is exactly what I need. Where can I obtain this wonderful piece of equipment??? btw is a bosu ball required or will i see the same results if i dont use one? i want to achieve MAXIMUM results

These guys gave good advice. But you should ask women this same question. These guys don’t know the answer to this. They will be able to help you get bigger/stronger/better looking, but women regularly do things to maximise their beauty and radiance. Think cleanse, tone, exfoliate etc.

I don’t do all that shit, but my girl is always trying to get me doing it, and i bet i’d look better if i could be bothered.

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
These guys gave good advice. But you should ask women this same question. These guys don’t know the answer to this. They will be able to help you get bigger/stronger/better looking, but women regularly do things to maximise their beauty and radiance. Think cleanse, tone, exfoliate etc.

I don’t do all that shit, but my girl is always trying to get me doing it, and i bet i’d look better if i could be bothered.

[/quote]

Yeah im not really into all that stuff and its not really a big deal to me. I think at this point im just going to concentate on getting big and not worry about that kind of superficial toning etc.

HGH is tempting, but like i said, its not a huge concern and i feel like (and it seems like others do too) that i would spend my energy better bulking up.