Facial Hair Growth

O hai guise, i heard the average facial hair growth is about half an inch per month but does anyone know why the hair on your chin and neckline develops faster, grows thicker and seems to grow at a faster rate than the rest of your facial hair?

Sasquatch?

No facial hair here, unless you count the pencil mustache and sparse, slow growing pubes I have on my chin…

[quote]lolwut wrote:
O hai guise, i heard the average facial hair growth is about half an inch per month but does anyone know why the hair on your chin and neckline develops faster, grows thicker and seems to grow at a faster rate than the rest of your facial hair?

[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmm, facinating.

My nose and ear hair grow at an alarming rate, especially as I get older. I like the grey ones the best. The problem is, they’re as strong as silk threads and I could use them as fishing line if I strung them together.

Getting old is a real treat.

[quote]Geminspector wrote:
Sasquatch?[/quote]

Not yet brah, getting there though.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
No facial hair here, unless you count the pencil mustache and sparse, slow growing pubes I have on my chin…[/quote]

LOLwut
Kinda shows my point though, always seem to develop on mustache and chin area first before it starts getting thicker near the cheeks.
Maybe the chin/upper lips/ neck area has more androgen receptors or something?

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm, facinating.

My nose and ear hair grow at an alarming rate, especially as I get older. I like the grey ones the best. The problem is, they’re as strong as silk threads and I could use them as fishing line if I strung them together.

Getting old is a real treat.[/quote]

Haha i know what ya mean, im only 20 but get the odd grey hairs and they’re like cheese cutting wire.

I’d guess it’s because your neck is pretty vulnerable to cold and such.
Neckbeards are gross. Shave that shit.

Im shaving twice a day easily now.

Once in the morning, once at like 6 before I go out.

I could grow a full on beard in a week Im sure.

Im 14, i have a LOT of hair on my neck, as much as it should grow on an adult. My mustash grows slowly, and my hair grows outwards from my sideburns, and is thick up till about halfway to my mustash. My chin hairs grow fast. I also have some hair near my eyes that I shave once a month becuase they grow VERY slowly.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
No facial hair here, unless you count the pencil mustache and sparse, slow growing pubes I have on my chin…[/quote]

Same here, damn genetics suck sometimes. I mean, if I am going to have to shave every other day, I should at least be able to grow a decent goatee. My dad said it should fill in, but im almost 22 and I dont think ill ever grow a full beard let alone a decent goatee or mustache. It has gotten thicker over the past 3 years though, too bad I have blonde hair.

I’m 16 and i have decent facial hair growth except for this dumbass bald spot that makes my beard look retarded. I have a little goatee now but it’s mostly blonde so you can’t really see it.

After having spent a few too many years on the internet than I would like to admit, I have come to the conclusion that Goatees are generally way dumber looking than the men that wear them would like to believe.

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
After having spent a few too many years on the internet than I would like to admit, I have come to the conclusion that Goatees are generally way dumber looking than the men that wear them would like to believe. [/quote]

thats because most people don’t have amazing facial hair genetics, so can’t really grow anything without it looking retarded.

Some goatees with a mustache can look good if the person is big and has good facial hair genetics.

To the op its genetics

Most people should shave, unless you can grow an amazing beard-which is very few- and even then most look better shaven. Not to mention jobs require it for the most part.

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
I also have some hair near my eyes that I shave once a month becuase they grow VERY slowly.[/quote]

Those are called eyebrows. Don’t shave em! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it’s genetics. And I have bad genetics when it comes to growing body hair. My friends kept on asking me if I wax my legs or not whenever I wear shorts, so I always wear long pants to the gym or when playing football. Nobody will notice any difference if I don’t shave my mustash for a month. I haven’t shaved my goatee for a few years now and they’re only a cm long. Heck, my nosehair grows faster than that!

[quote]farenuff wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
I also have some hair near my eyes that I shave once a month becuase they grow VERY slowly.

[/quote]

ROFL LOL

Under my eyes haha

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
After having spent a few too many years on the internet than I would like to admit, I have come to the conclusion that Goatees are generally way dumber looking than the men that wear them would like to believe. [/quote]

So, you have come to this conclusion on the basis of what you’ve heard on the internet?

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
farenuff wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
I also have some hair near my eyes that I shave once a month becuase they grow VERY slowly.

ROFL LOL

Under my eyes haha[/quote]

Those are called eyelashes. Don’t shave em!

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
ahzaz wrote:
farenuff wrote:
ahzaz wrote:

ROFL LOL

Under my eyes haha

Those are called eyelashes. Don’t shave em!

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.[/quote]

LOL