Facebook Reply Jealousy. Is it Just Me?

[quote]anonym wrote:
First of all, it would’ve been classic if no one responded to this thread.
[/quote]

hahahaha, exactly what I was thinking =D

But seriously Op - the difference between you and your friends who get all the updates is that you probably don’t accept friendships from random people you meet on the buses. I swear - the amount of my close friends who have 400+ mates whom I’ve never even heard of is astounding.

Fuckin attention hoors.

OMG NO WAY

I hope someone likes my comment.

My facebook criteria is pretty tight.

1. Legit human “friends”
  2. Non-douchebag family members
  3. Former non douchebag Students
  4. Former/current non douchebag co-workers
  5. My Mom

When I post something on facebook I know it’s going to get attention because:

1. I update my status mayve once a week, so not a whore!
  2. I actively reply to interesting posts or things that make me laugh.

And

1. I’m fucking hilarious

LOL ANONYM

[quote]anonym wrote:
Come on, OP, be honest: how many of these can you relate to?[/quote]
lol

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
SRSLY?![/quote]

I’ve got about 1500 to 2000 words to say on this particular subject, but I have ugly talents and I think I should just remain silent for the rest of this thread.[/quote]

Oh but I like it when you get all dirty, I mean wordy.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i’m only replying b/c i saw hallowed was in this thread[/quote]

If your ass had a facebook page I would be the “first” to like it.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

1. Non-douchebag family members
  2. My Mom

[/quote]

Your mom doesn’t fit the “non-douchebag family member” category?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

2. My Mom

[/quote]

Your mom doesn’t fit the “non-douchebag family member” category?[/quote]

lol!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

2. My Mom

[/quote]

That’s because she’s the one who thinks he’s hilarious.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

2. My Mom

[/quote]

That’s because she’s the one who thinks he’s hilarious.
[/quote]

And the most handsome, don’t forget.

the more you respond to others status updates the more likely you are to have others respond to yours. if it matters to you. try it. you might be surprised.

People like those people more than you.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]catalyst wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
First of all, it would’ve been classic if no one responded to this thread.

Secondly, 98% of the ‘friends’ people have on Facebook are NOT, in fact, really their friends.
[/quote]

There’s another one. Keep your friend list legitimate and you’ll have better results. I have buddies on facebook with 1500 friends and very few of their posts get any attention. I have a bit more than 200, they’re either family, close friends, or at MINIMUM friends from childhood that I can remember 2 or 3 significant things about them. If they don’t meet that criteria, they’re not my fb friend. [/quote]
[/quote]

Good courage wolf Hallowed! Did you make it?
I have 42 friends on facebook and about 5-6 are friends who live far away and the rest are family/old family friends.

He who cares least wins. No really.

Lol at people who think facebook equates to real life interactions. When you have lots of friends you hang out with and have fun with IRL, lots of them communicate with you on fb. When you’re a social hermit, but everyone accepted your friend request out of pity (as in Op’s case apparently), they always are on the edge of blocking you forever, but most never do, because they worry you might hunt them down and kill them. Because of all that stress, they are unlikely to comment on your status, because it may escalate matters quickly.

LOL at this thread. I have a buddy with 3500 friends who consistently takes jokes off the internet, claims them as his own, pastes them and gets 30 likes 25 comments.

My frustration doesn’t come from how many likes there are, but rather the fact that the sycophants don’t realize they’re not even his own! I’ve just taken to chirping him relentlessly on these statuses. Generally speaking on a good chirp I’ll get as many likes as his status does… sooooo it makes me feel better about the world.

<Not bitter.

[quote]anonym wrote:
3[/quote]

almost done this a number of times. only a matter of time before i hit update one of these days

I have a funny friend (as in a generally witty guy) and he works for Lucasfilm, and he makes really good status updates, and many of his friends comment and try to keep up, but he’s already done it right and they look silly.

I try to make all of my status updates something special to brighten everyone’s fucking day. PM me and become my facebook buddy.

[quote]MementoMori wrote:
LOL at this thread. I have a buddy with 3500 friends who consistently takes jokes off the internet, claims them as his own, pastes them and gets 30 likes 25 comments.

My frustration doesn’t come from how many likes there are, but rather the fact that the sycophants don’t realize they’re not even his own! I’ve just taken to chirping him relentlessly on these statuses. Generally speaking on a good chirp I’ll get as many likes as his status does… sooooo it makes me feel better about the world.

<Not bitter.[/quote]

wuts dat chirping der. gotdang city slickers