Face Redness from Squatting

I get a lot of redness in my face from squatting. Not just during the lift. It takes a full day (sometimes more) for the redness to go away. I think I am breaking small blood vessels?

Anyone else have this issue? I know it is not that big of a deal, but I don’t like being all red for the next 24-48 hours either.

Any tips to bring down the redness, or prevent it?

It does not happen nearly as much with the deadlift? I am not sure why that is.

Your a tomato!

1 Like

I get that in my neck and upper chest, it’s capillaries breaking when you strain under a heavy weight. I only get it from squatting too, which I assume has to do with putting a bar on your back increasing blood pressure in that region.

Quit lifting weights

1 Like

I go full koolaid man with my giant head even on warm up sets. Might just be how your body allocates blood. If you’re bracing like you’re supposed to you should change color a little bit.

Problem is that I am red for a day or two after.

Guess I’ll just have to deal with it. Maybe I could try an ice pack or something.

Won’t help. It’s ruptured capillaries.

A petechial hemorrhage is a tiny pinpoint red mark that is an important sign of asphyxia caused by some external means of obstructing the airways. They are sometimes also called petechiae . Their presence often indicates a death by manual strangulation, hanging, or smothering.

If you’re straining, you’re going to blow something, whether it’s your bunghole, tendons, muscles, bones,nose, eyes, shoes, or epidermis.

1 Like

I guess out of the list you presented, some red skin doesn’t seem too bad!

I will now cal it petechial hemorrhage as that sound far more hard core!

It happens to a lot of people. Pretty sure it happens to me on occasion, you just can’t see it since I’m rather dark skinned.

White privilege is overrated.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Just a build up of pressure in your head. All of my acne pops on my face when deadlifting or squatting heavy lol

That’s crazy, I never heard that before. I guess it saves you the trouble of doing it yourself.

Where have you been anyway? Any more big PRs or what?

Haha have plateaued at a 755 deadlift, 645 squat and 365 bench for the past few weeks. I know I went M.I.A for a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That doesn’t sound too bad at all. You could post your videos in the online PL meet thread, I think you win with that.

1 Like