Fabadab: Your Guess is as Good as Mine

Happy New Year everyone! Catching up on logging a couple of sessions that have happened

30/12

Giant set:

• KB swings - 2 x 10 @ 16, 9 x 5 @ 20
  • Squats - 2 x 10 @ bar, 5 @ 40, 4 @ 50, 3 @ 60, 2 @ 70, 1 @ 80, 90, 100, 110, 115 (PR)
  • Hanging knee raises - 11 x 3
    (90s rest)

Assistance giant set

• RDL - 12 @ 40, 45, 45
  • KB deadstop rows (L/R) - 3 x 10 @ 20 ea arm
    (90s rest)

Squat PR was a pleasant surprise, especially done in this giant set format. I have done 100 for 5 and 110 for 2 in the past which would both give slightly higher e1RMs (117ish each), but this is the heaviest weight I’ve ever had on my back.

Put on the belt from 80 upwards. Knees were twitching inwards coming out of the bottom on the heaviest sets, but only for a second before I could push them out again - might be something to watch out for and try to correct, though I know there are top-level lifters that actually make use of that as a technique.

Not had the KBs long, but could already use a heavier one to really make the most of explosive swings. Something kike a 28 or 32 is probabky needed. Definitely could have done more reps on the knee raises - probably worked my grip more than my abs, though they were surprisingly sore a couple of days later.

Elevated toes by 1" on the RDLs. First time trying deadstop rows and seemed like quite a good movement.

1 Like

02/01

Giant set

• Explosive pushups - 2 x 3 ‘normal’, 7 x 2 clapping
  • Bench - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 30, 4 @ 40, 3 @ 50, 2 @ 60, 1 @ 65, 70, 75, 80
  • DB rows (L/R) - 10 @ 3, 5.5, 8, 10.5, 13, 15.5, 3 x 10 @ 18
    (90s set)

Assistance giant set

• Seated plate power clean and half press - 3 x 10 @ 5s
  • Seated lateral raises - 3 x 10 @ 2.5s
  • Bent over reverse flyes - 3 x 10 @ 2.5s
  • Bamded triceps pushdowns - 15, 15, 20 @ red band
    (60s rest)

Weighed in @ 13st 6.8lbs in the morning.

Bench was OK, but would have like to make it to 85 to hit bodyweight. Sticking seems to be right where my arms are at right-angles, which I think it where the triceps are really taking over. Still benching with slight decline and closer grip than in the past. Right shoulder was a little buggy, but held up to the end OK.

Used 3s hold + 3s eccentric for the lateral raises and reverse flyes. Shoulders felt pumped like crazy by the end! Definitely could have gone heavier or higher rep for the triceps pushdowns.

1 Like

Congrats, my man! Nice job.

1 Like

Cheers @SvenG.

Awesome work you’re doing as well - I struggle to keep up with your log!

1 Like

04/01

Giant set

• KB swings - 10, 8 @ 16, 8 x 5 @ 20
  • Deadlifts - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 40, 4 @ 60, 3 @ 80, 2 @ 90, 1 @ 100, 110, 120, 130, X @ 140
  • Hanging knee raises - 10 x 4
    (90s rest)

Assistance superset

• FFE split squats - 10 @ 12, 16 (ea leg)
    (30s between legs)

That’s the last of the testing sessions done. Disappointed with how this one played out - 140 was my previous max and I hoped to get back to it, or even surpass it.

Weights felt good on the way up, and the swings and knee raises didn’t feel particularly taxing on the deadlifts. Put on the belt from 90 onwards. I had originally thought of doing 5kg jumps after 130, but it moved so well that I thought going straight to 140 would be fine (and I might even have something more in the bag). Grip was an issue though, with the bar trying to pull out of my hands from the very beginning of the lift, so I put on straps for the 140.

Took two shots at 140 - had my belt pinch real bad at the start of the first so I bailed, readjusted, and had another go. Broke the weight off the floor, but I was getting pulled forwards right over it, and I knew it wasn’t going anywhere.

I honestly feel as though strength wasn’t the issue (bar grip issues) as the 130 felt so good. Think it’s more likely a psychological thing (going for new max) or probably technical, particularly as I had to spend more time bent over setting up to get the straps in place before starting the lift, so I expect I was out of position at the start.

Knees felt dodgy on the split squats, so I called them after only a couple of sets. Was using a 2" elevation for the front foot, and a 3s eccentric (all reps on one side, then short rest and switch to the other side).

1 Like

06/01

DE superset 1

• DE OHP (50%) - 10 x 3 @ 26.25
  • Cable face pulls - 10 x 5 @ 15
    (10m EMOM)

DE superset 2

• DE Bench (50%) - 10 x 3 @ 40
  • Cable high-to-low rows - 10 x 5 @ 20
    (20s rest)

Assistance

• Banded chinups - 3 x 10 @ red + black + blue bands
  • Incline pushups - 3 x 10
  • Side hip thrusts - 3 x 10 ea side
    (30s rest)

Program calls for EMOM on both the DE supersets, but I felt like I was rushing the setup on the OHPs to make sure I got it done in a minute (I had about 15-20s spare each round), but I feel at my level it would make more sense to focus on the technique more (and just being explosive on the concentric), so for the bench I switched to just having 20s rest between rounds instead. I still made sure I was moving between movements quickly, but I felt I could take a little more time getting the setup right etc., which I feel is more conducive. I’ll probably keep it like this going forwards, and do the same on my lower DE day.

1 Like

09/01

DE superset 1

• KB swings - 10 x 3 @ 20
  • DE squats (50%) - 10 x 3 @ 57.5
    (30s rest)

DE Superset 2

• DE Deadlifts (50%) - 10 x 3 @ 65
  • Hanging knee raises - 10 x 3
    (20-30s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Deadstop KB rows (R/L) - 3 x 10 @ 20 ea side
  • Ab wheel rollouts (kneeling) - 3 x 8
  • Bent-knee reverse hypers - 3 x 8
    (30s rest)

Weighed in @ 13st 6lbs in the morning.

Gave myself a little more rest for the lower body lifts as I find them much more taxing (particularly the squats). On the squats I felt like I got more explosive as the sets went on. I also realised on the third set that I was looking almost straight down, so I focused on keeping my head up more after that, which felt like it gave me a better position overall.

Deadlifts felt fine. Did the first half with only 20s rest, but because the setup and execution of deadlifts is fairly quick compared to the other lifts I felt like I was probably going at least EMOM, and maybe faster, so bumped the rest up to 30s for the second half.

1 Like

11/01

Main giant set

• Alt. KB snatches (R/L) - 2 x 2 @ 12, 2 x 2 @ 16, 4 x 2 @ 20 ea arm
  • ME Z press - 8 @ bar, 5 @ 25, 3 @ 30, 35, 40, 42.5, 45, 47.5
  • Rope face pulls - 8 @ 10, 2 x 8 @ 12.5, 5 x 8 @ 15
    (90s rest)

Back-off giant set

• Alt. KB snatches (R/L) - 3 x 2 @ 20 ea arm
  • Z press (80%) - 7, 5, 5 @ 37.5
  • Rope face pulls - 3 x 12 @ 12.5
    (90s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Single-arm DB press (R/L) - 12, 12, 10 @ 18 ea arm
  • Single-arm DB row (R/L) - 3 x 12 @ 18 ea arm
  • KB halos - 3 x 5 @ 20 ea way
    (60s rest)

Very happy with the Z press - I had 45 as a target but found I could push a bit further. The first rep at 47.5 was so slow starting though I doubted if I’d even be able to get 2, so a great result in the end.

Took 3 mins rest before starting the back off sets so I had time to recover a bit and work out the weights etc. Wanted to get 8 on the first set (AMRAP) but 7 was all I had. The follow-up sets of 5 were tough to get afterwards too.

On the first set of left-side DB presses I found my left lat almost seizing up for some reason - not sure if that was just tightness, weakness, or some sort of setup thing but it was weird as hell. No issues at all when doing the right side. I gave it a good stretch after the first round and that seemed to help a bit, but still felt off. Doesn’t feel any different the day after though…

1 Like

13/01

Main giant set

• KB swings - 2 x 5 @ 16, 7 x 5 @ 20
  • ME zercher squat - 8 @ bar, 5 @ 30, 4 @ 40, 3 @ 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, 85
  • Lying leg raise + press - 1 x 3, 8 x 4
    (90s rest)

Back-off giant set

• KB swings - 3 x 5 @ 20
  • Zercher squat (80%) - 8, 5, 5 @ 67.5
  • Lying leg raise + press - 3 x 5
    (90s rest)

Assistance superset

• Snatch-grip RDL - 12 @ 40, 45, 45
  • Plank - 3 x 45s
    (60s rest)

Very happy with hitting 85 on the zercher squats - coming into this I thought it would be nice to get up to bodyweight, but didn’t think I’d actually make it. Almost called it at 80, but given it was only one more small jump I just went for it. Checked back in last year’s log for when I last did these some months back, and looks like the best I managed was 70 x 5, so this feels like a better result.

Belt went on from 60+ (including back-off sets). Hardest thing was just getting breath and keeping it as best I could throughout the reps. On the heaviest sets the weight was really trying to pull me forwards, so it was threatening to turn into a good morning, but I felt like I fought it well.

Back-off sets were tough too, but hit my target of 8 on the first (AMRAP) set. Took 3 mins rest again before the main and back-off giant sets.

The assistance stuff wasn’t particularly interesting but I was already dead before getting to it, so just wanted to hit some basic stuff and then finish. Went for the snatch-grip on the RDL to sneak in a bit of extra upper back and grip work.

1 Like

15/01

DE superset 1

• DE OHP (55%) - 10 x 3 @ 28.75
  • Band pull-aparts - 5 x 5 @ doubled red band, 5 x 10 @ single red band
    (20s rest)

DE superset 2

• DE bench (55%) - 10 x 3 @ 43.75
  • Single-arm DB rows (L/R) - 10 x 5 @ 23 ea arm
    (20s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Banded pullups - 10, 8, 5 @ black + red + blue band
  • Pushups (NG handles) - 10, 10, 7
  • KB twists - 3 x 10 @ 12
    (30s rest)

Lateral raise drop set - 20 @ 2.5s, 10 @ 1.25s, 10 unweighted (1s pause + 3s eccentric)

DE sets felt good on the whole. If anything the pull-aparts and rows were more taxing, but I guess that’s just down to the higher rep count.

I keep wanting to just do curls and triceps extensions for the assistance but I know that pullups and pushups are better (and I membered to do core work) so I’ve been hitting those and feeling like I’m just done after that. Hopefully this adds up over the longer term. Did the lateral raise drop set for a bit of fun to finish things off and it made me feel like I was about a metre wider than normal lol.

Weighed in @ 13st 7.6lbs on Sunday morning. Training has been making me super hungry lately and the scales show I’ve been pandering to that, but I do really need to reel it in and make sure I’m not overdoing it and focussing on eating around training.

1 Like

18/01

DE superset 1

• DE squats (55%) - 10 x 3 @ 63.75
    (30s rest)

DE superset 2

• DE deadlifts (55%) - 10 x 3 @ 71.25
  • Hanging knee raises - 10 x 4
    (30s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Pendlay rows - 3 x 10 @ 51.25
  • McGill situps (L/R) - 3 x 8 ea side
  • Lying hip bridges - 3 x 12 (1110 tempo)
    (30s rest)

Pretty happy with this overall. Squats felt pretty smooth and strong throughout, as did deadlifts. Was managing to move explosively right up to the last set of each which was great.

Right shoulder has been giving me a bit of aggro for a little while - first few sets of squats are always uncomfortable, but then it seems to be OK for the later sets. Hanging from the pullup bar for the knee raises made it smart a bit though. Tried to focus on keeping scapula retracted to try and help, and also switched up the grip each set.

Gave pendlay rows a go for the first time in years, and still find them a little awkward to get into position for (which I think is just down to the long leg to short torso ratio). McGill situps are still an absolute killer! Could have gone harder on the hip bridges (maybe single leg, or rested back on a bench and weighted or something). Didn’t want to overwork the low back though after the squats, deadlifts and rows so it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

20/01

Main giant set

• KB push press (R/L) - 3 x 2 @ 12, 3 x 2 @ 16, 2 @ 20 ea arm
  • ME floor press (legs out) - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 30, 4 @ 40, 3 @ 50, 60, 65, 70, 75
  • BB rows - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 30, 40, 50, 60, 65, 70, 75
    (90s rest)

Back-off giant set

• KB push press (R/L) - 3 x 2 @ 20 ea arm
  • Floor press (80%) - 8, 5, 5 @ 60
  • BB rows - 10, 8, 8 @ 60
    (90s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Standing high cable row (D handles) - 4 x 12 @ 30
  • Decline pushups (hands raised 2.5’) - 2 x 20 unweighted, 2 x 20 @ 4.4 weighted vest
  • High-to-low cable woodchop (R/L) - 10 @ 10, 3 x 10 @ 12.5 ea side
    (60s rest)

BB curls - 20 @ bar

This seems somewhat ridiculous - 3 @ 75 on the floor press gives an e1RM of 82.5. If I was just doing singles on the way up then I think 80+ would be there, but what’s crazy is I set a max ‘regular’ bench of only 80 less than 3 weeks ago! I know my leg drive is non-existent on the bench but still…

Credit where credit’s due I knew this program would work well if I followed it through properly, and I have actually been keeping consistent and pushing myself on it. Floor press obviously has a shorter ROM as well so less time under tensions which might help? In hindsight I think it also stops above my sticking point on the bench, so maybe wasn’t the best choice of exercise in the end.

Happy with the back-off sets too - getting 8 on the AMRAP was tough, and the last set of 5 was a challenge as well. The rows were kinda like Yates rows, with a fairly upright position, and trying to pull into my hips.

Assistance work was OK but I think I could have pushed a little harder. I call the pushups ‘decline’, which means my hands were up on the bar while my feet were still on the ground, because it feels like the pushup equivalent of a decline bench. Threw on the weighted vest for the second two sets because the first two felt too easy. Knocked out some curls at the end because the bar was just sitting there looking inviting.

1 Like

22/01

Main giant set

• KB swings - 10 @ 12, 3 x 5 @ 16, 4 x 5 @ 20
  • ME SG deadlift - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 40, 4 @ 60, 3 @ 70, 80, 90, 100, 110
  • Twisting hanging knee raises (L/R) - 8 x 2 ea side
    (90s rest)

Back-off giant set

• KB swings - 3 x 5 @ 20
  • SG deadlift (80%) - 9, 5, 5 @ 87.5
  • Twisting handing knee raises (L/R) - 3 x 3 ea side
    (90s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Split squats (R/L) - 12 @ 5.5 WV, 3 x 12 @ 6.6 WV ea leg
  • Standing cable ab crunches - 12 @ 20, 3 x 12 @ 25
    (60s rest)

DB hammer curls - 40 @ 3s

In the couple of days leading up to this workout I had it in my head that I’d be doing front squats, not sure why. Checked back at last year’s logs for when I last did snatch-grip deadlift and found my best was a 5 @ 105, which I calculated would give me a 110 3-rep max, so I shot for that. Happy to have hit it, but it was trying really hard to pull me out of shape.

Went beltless and strapless for all sets. Heavy sets were tough to hold onto, but I managed. Was also a big issue for the first back-off set (AMRAP), and I basically cut it at 9 partially because the reps had slowed right down, but also because my hands were starting to slip inwards.

Assistance stuff was fine, just getting the work done. Knocked out some curls again for the fun of it, but keeping it light and high rep to avoid over-taxing myself.

Weighed in @ 13st 7.4lbs Sunday morning, which was surprising as I’d been quite hungry throughout the week and felt like I’d pandered to it again…

1 Like

25/01

DE superset 1

• DE OHP (60%) - 10 x 3 @ 31.25
  • Rope face pulls - 5 x5 @ 20, 5 x 5 @ 17.5
    (20s rest)

DE superset 2

• DE bench - (60%) - 10 x 3 @ 47.5
  • KB deadstop rows (R/L) - 10 x 5 @ 20 ea arm
    (20s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Incline pushups (using handles) - 15, 10, 7
  • Ring rows (hip height) - 12, 8, 7
  • Incline side hip thrusts (L/R) - 3 x 8 ea side
    (30s rest)

Nothing special here, everything went OK. Garage was pretty cold and only really warmed up once I’d finished the OHP work, but I don’t think it affected much.

Low back is pretty sore this morning which is weird. It felt a little tight before the workout, but nothing major, and I didn’t feel anything happen to it during the workout itself, so not sure how that’s come about. Probably just slept weirdly or something.

1 Like

28/01

Main giant set

• Banded face pulls - 2 x 10 @ green band, 5 x 10 @ blue band
  • ME Pin presses (chin height) - 10 @ bar, 3 @ 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 47.5
  • Chinups - 7 x 3
    (90s rest)

Back-off giant set

• Banded face pulls - 3 x 10 @ blue band
  • Pin presses (80%) - 9, 5, 5 @ 37.5
  • Chinups - 3 x 4
    (90s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Pushups - 15, 12, 9
  • Bar inverted rows (9 holes) - 10, 8, 7.5
  • Hanging knee raises - 3 x 10
    (60s rest)

Low back still playing up over the past few days - meant to do DE lower but pushed the workout back a day to see if that gave enough recovery time. In the end it still felt off so I did an upper day instead, and I’ll have to do ‘back-to-back’ lower days at some point to get back on track.

First time doing pin presses, and they were challenging but I was quite pleased with getting up to 47.5. Things felt pretty good on the way up and I thought I might end up a little higher, but this was max effort. Slight question of the mental aspect here though given it’s the same weight I got up to for the Z presses…

In either case, I got much closer to my OHP 1RM than expected for the variations, which makes me wonder if it’s the setup holding me back - on these I’ve had the bar on the pins, got into position, and then lifted off to start. With the OHP I unrack, then hold the bar in place while I get into position, and then start the rep. Might just be losing a load of energy in that space between unracking and starting the rep?

Backoff sets went well with a 9 on the AMRAP. Tried pushing the reps a little on the assistance work as well which went OK.

1 Like

30/01

DE superset 1

• DE squats (60%) - 10 x 3 @ 68.75
    (30s rest)

DE superset 2

• DE deadlifts (60%) - 10 x 3 @ 77.5
  • Hanging knee raises - 10 x 5
    (30s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Single-arm cable high row (L/R) - 3 x 15 @ 15 ea arm
  • KB halos - 5 x 15, 2 x 5 @ 20 ea way
    (30s rest)

This was the previously skipped lower day (lower back now feels fine). Squats felt heavy, but I felt like some of the reps at least were explosive. Think I need to really focus on getting tight etc., even with these submax weights.

Deadlifts were absolutely fine on the other hand, and felt pretty strong.

Weighed in @ 13st 9.2lbs in the morning, which is back to where I was immediately after Christmas…

1 Like

01/02

DE superset 1

• DE OHP (65%) - 10 x 3 @ 33.75
  • Band pull-aparts - 10 x 10 @ doubled yellow band (various angles)
    (20s rest)

DE superset 2

• DE bench (65%) - 10x 3 @ 52.5
  • One-arm DB rows (L/R) - 10 x 5 @ 23 ea arm
    (20s rest)

Assistance giant set

• Lateral raises - 20, 20, 18 @ 2.5s
  • BB curls - 10, 10, 8 @ bar
  • Overhead rope cable triceps exts - 15, 13.5, 10 @ 17.5
    (30s rest)

Not much to say here, just another one ticked off.

Not sure how much I’m getting out of the dynamic work so far. I’ve never felt I was particularly explosive, and when I try to push as hard as I can out the gate I feel like I’m more likely to just hurt myself, and I do better with a smoother build up instead. Might just be a case of taking time to show any effect though so I’ll keep working at it. I know accommodating resistance is preferable as well, so I might have a rethink for how to set that up for the next cycle (haven’t used it before due to lack of equipment and awkwardness to setup).

Generally feeling a little tired/beat up just recently, so chose some easier movements for the assistance work this time.

1 Like

03/02

Main giant set:

• KB swings - 8 @ 12, 3 x 5 @ 16, 5 x 5 @ 20
  • ME Front squats - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 30, 4 @ 40 , 3 @ 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, 85
  • Lying leg raise + press - 9 x 5
    (90s rest)

(3m rest)

Back-off giant set:

• KB swings - 3 x 5 @ 20
  • Front squats (80%) - 6, 5, 5 @ 67.5
  • Lying leg raise + press - 3 x 5
    (90s rest)

Assistance giant set:

• Split stance KB deadlift (L/R) - 3 x 12 @ 20 ea side
  • Banded NG pullups - 10, 8, 5 @ red + black + blue bands
    (60s rest)

Very pleased with the ME front squats, given I wasn’t sure I would get over 80, and in the end I finished just shy of my current bodyweight. 3 reps @ 85 also gives an e1RM of just over 90 which was my previous (tested) 1RM, so that bodes well! Belt went on from 70+.

Oddly front squats felt more ‘comfortable’ than they have done in the past - normally the bar is pushing right back against my neck in a particularly unpleasant way and breathing becomes incredibly difficult. This time though I felt like I had a little gap, which I’m guessing it down to better mobility overall allowing a more upright position (or possibly larger shoulders to balance the bar on?). Right knee did tweak slightly on one of the early sets, so I was mindful to keep pushing my knees out on the later sets, and it still felt a bit sore but no worse.

Head wasn’t in the game for the first (AMRAP) back-off set though - got to the end of the 3 min break thinking I hadn’t had enough time, and when I unracked the bar I thought it felt heavy, and the reps were all pretty slow. Dialled it in for the next set and got much tighter and hit it aggressively, and got the 5 reps much more quickly and smoothly. 3rd set went OK as well.

Low back felt well-worked after all that so went for lighter assistance just to get something done. The split-stance deadlifts was something I’d thought about on a previous session when just walking past a KB, and they worked OK although I seemed to struggle with the MMC on the right side.

1 Like

05/02

Main giant set:

• KB snatches (R/L) - 2 x 3 @ 12, 3 x 2 @ 16, 6 x 2 @ 20 ea arm
  • ME Spoto press - 10 @ bar, 5 @ 30, 4 @ 40, 3 @ 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 72.5, 75, 77.5
  • Rope cable high rows - 10 @ 10, 15, 20, 8 x 10 @ 25
    (90s rest)

(3m rest)

Back-off giant set:

• KB snatch (R/L) - 3 x 3 @ 16 ea arm
  • Spoto press (80%) - 10, 5, 5 @ 62.5
    Rope cable high rows - 3 x 15 @ 20
    (90s rest)

Assistance superset:

• Seated 6-way shoulder raises - 10, 10, 7 @ 2.5s
  • DB hammer curls - 12, 10, 8 @ 8s
    (60s rest)

Weighed in @ 13st 9 lbs. Did this workout mid-morning because I went away overnight/Sunday.

Spoto presses were kinda tricky - aim was to stop an inch or two above my chest, but it’s really difficult to judge where that is without lifting your head right up to watch the bar (which I didn’t want to do), so I came down a bit lower quite a few times. I put a fat grip in the middle of the bar, so I at least stopped when that touched, which is probably more like half an inch clearance compared to full ROM.

Crazily impressed with myself for getting up to 3 @ 77.5 though. 50 felt heavy so I started doing smaller jumps from there, and then smaller again from 70 because I felt I was nearing my max, but if I’d known I’d get up to this range I could have made smaller jumps and might have got a bit higher…Gives a e1RM of 85, and given my tested ‘regular’ bench press 1Rm was 80 at the start of this, this is pretty good going I’d say!

Needed to get the workout finished, and decided to go ‘easier’ on the assistance again this for this workout, so just knocked out some shoulder raises and curls and called it there.

1 Like

08/02

DE superset 1:

• DE squats (65%) - 10 x 3 @ 75
    (30s rest)

DE superset 2:

• DE deadlifts (65%) - 10 x 3 @ 85
  • Hanging knee raises - 10 x 5
    (30s rest)

Assistance giant set:

• RDL (toes elevated 1") - 4 x 10 @ 35
  • Ring rows (hip height) - 10, 7, 6, 5ish
  • KB halos - 4 x 5 @ 20 ea way
    (30s rest)

The squats were tough, and felt pretty heavy. 2 more DE sessions in this cycle still to go for lower body (due to sequence being slightly out) and I’m wondering how I’m gonna cope with that…

I realised I made a mistake in thinking I could just bump up the %s because I wasn’t using bands - although the total weight at the top might end out the same (obviously depends on the bands being used and how they’re anchored etc.), the weight at the bottom would be less, which is obviously the point of using accommodating resistance. Just going with heavier weights though means you’re having to tough it out through the whole rep range, so more taxing generally. Definitely need to figure out how to setup bands (or maybe just bite the bullet and buy some chains?) for the next cycle, and use lower %s.

Deadlifts on the other hand were OK, and I decided to push the assistance slightly as I’m away again this weekend and think I’ll only have time for 2 sessions in the week.

1 Like