FA3: The New Fatty Acid Kid on the Block

[quote]Joebob wrote:
The serving size for FA3 is 6-9 caps a day? So a bigger guy like myself would optimally need 9 caps per day. That’s three bottles per month? wow. [/quote]

Remember, 6-9 would pretty much take care of ALL your fatty acid needs.

If, however, you’re still eating healthy foods, you’re undoubtedly getting some of your fatty acids from those foods, so you might not need to take that much.

This supplement sounds awesome!

Quick question, not trying to be a smartass I’ve just been studying for a big ass test and have a lot of random info going through my head, just trying to keep it all straight. This article has linoleic acid listed as an anti-inflammatory. My understanding is that it is an omega 6 inflammatory FA as it gets converted to arachidonic acid in the presence of insulin. I think gamma-linolenic (GLA) can also be inflammatory but I’m not as sure on that one.

Not saying this is a problem since the ideal is to have a proper ratio of omega 6:omega 3 FA’s (inflammatory:non-inflammatory).

Any thoughts?

[quote]ddelmast wrote:
TC-

Definitely looks like a solid product. Just curious about other saturated fats such as stearic acid, myristic acid and palmitic acid and why those aren’t included? The reason I ask is because I just recently read Jeff Volek’s TNT diet, and in it he mentions these fatty acids as being in meat. Are they not as important as the aforementioned FFA’s in FA3?

Thanks,
Darian[/quote]

You got it, those fatty acids aren’t nearly as important.

Besides, you’ll get those if you eat even a small amount of meat.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
“and to have purty skin like one of those harp seals that get their skulls bashed in every year for their silky pelts”

Nice failure on an attempt for a cheap laugh.

[/quote]

You’re probably right, considering I’m an animal rights advocate.

It’s just the way I talk/write, and it’s why I don’t get invited to many parties.

[quote]TC wrote:
Joebob wrote:
The serving size for FA3 is 6-9 caps a day? So a bigger guy like myself would optimally need 9 caps per day. That’s three bottles per month? wow.

Remember, 6-9 would pretty much take care of ALL your fatty acid needs.

If, however, you’re still eating healthy foods, you’re undoubtedly getting some of your fatty acids from those foods, so you might not need to take that much.

[/quote]

I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a some Anaconda and MAG-10 today. You can also throw in a months supply of FA3. Thank you kind sir.

[quote]TC wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:
“and to have purty skin like one of those harp seals that get their skulls bashed in every year for their silky pelts”

It’s just the way I talk/write, and it’s why I don’t get invited to many parties.

[/quote]

I laughed.

Good stuff, TC; some people are probably going to be disappointed in what they may view as a “lackluster” supplement, but personally these type supplements are why I like Biotest. You guys seem to be concerned with the big picture of health as well as sports performance, and I for one appreciate the broad array of supplements you guys provide.

As always, keep up the good work.

Man oh, man. I knew when I came here in the morning and an article wasn’t up that something k0ol was about to happen. It did. It wasn’t what I was waiting for but I’ll be excited to try this product as well. I’m taking 6 weeks off from the weights as I’ve read to do and I really sat down to think about it and I pretty much havn’t taken but a week or two off here and there so the rebound to strength will be nice.

I’m just waiting for I, bodybuilder to come out already… Awesome to see all the products. I wish I could have em all… my b day is in a couple of weeks so I’ll be real excited to start the I BB program if I can get all the requirments.

[quote]Radcon wrote:
This supplement sounds awesome!

Quick question, not trying to be a smartass I’ve just been studying for a big ass test and have a lot of random info going through my head, just trying to keep it all straight. This article has linoleic acid listed as an anti-inflammatory. My understanding is that it is an omega 6 inflammatory FA as it gets converted to arachidonic acid in the presence of insulin. I think gamma-linolenic (GLA) can also be inflammatory but I’m not as sure on that one.

Not saying this is a problem since the ideal is to have a proper ratio of omega 6:omega 3 FA’s (inflammatory:non-inflammatory).

Any thoughts?[/quote]

Sure, they can be mildly pro inflammatory, but you NEED arachidonic acid for Testosterone production, right?

I guess you have to think of it as a yin and yang thing.

Are these capsules extended release or nano-dispersed? I’d really prefer a time release supplement to keep a steady stream of healthy fatty acids coursing through my veins at all times.

woohoo!! more pills to swallow!! eh at least I don’t have to worry about “fish oil burps” with this product :wink:

when CT is talking about sweating profusely from using this product, what’s the theory behind the actual physiological mechanism that is taking place?? The only thing that comes to my mind is something I heard YEARS ago about “if you take in too much EFA’s your body will raise its metabolism to burn off the excess”

I have no idea in what context I heard that…just remember something similar to that idea???

[quote]TC wrote:
ddelmast wrote:
TC-

Definitely looks like a solid product. Just curious about other saturated fats such as stearic acid, myristic acid and palmitic acid and why those aren’t included?..

You got it, those fatty acids aren’t nearly as important.

Besides, you’ll get those if you eat even a small amount of meat.[/quote]

or just get your stearic acid in Beta-7

CT mentioned that he took Flameout and other fatty acids, and he was sweating profusely. Why are these fatty acids causing him to sweat so much? Is it an increased metabolic rate? Is that common for people to experience sweating while supplementing with fatty acids?

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
TC wrote:
buffalokilla wrote:

I laughed.

Good stuff, TC; some people are probably going to be disappointed in what they may view as a “lackluster” supplement, but personally these type supplements are why I like Biotest. You guys seem to be concerned with the big picture of health as well as sports performance, and I for one appreciate the broad array of supplements you guys provide.

As always, keep up the good work.
[/quote]

Thanks, but remember, Tim and I usually make stuff that WE want to use.

Such was the case with FA-3.

We wanted a “full spectrum” fatty acid to combine with Flameout, so we made it.

If you guys want to use it, too, great!

I really like that you guys came up with this idea to cover ones fat intake.

When I was dieting this summer…I found it much easier if I only worried about protein and carbs (keeping my fat intake very low)…but I was always concerned if I was NOT eating enough fat to cover my basic needs…so I would do the egg yolk, peanut butter, avocado, raw nuts, thing…but it was random and haphazard…

Personally I would have much rather popped some pills(fa-3 and Flameout everyday) and just forget about fats in my food for several weeks while im dieting…

good job
thanks
maurice

I remember taking GLA in the form of evening primose oil, I did feel better and my skin did look kinda purty.

[quote]PublickStews wrote:
Are these capsules extended release or nano-dispersed? I’d really prefer a time release supplement to keep a steady stream of healthy fatty acids coursing through my veins at all times.[/quote]

No, but you don’t need that so much with fatty acids.

Remember, fatty acids are one of those supps that actually become PART of you, as they’re incorporated into your cells.

[quote]TC wrote:

Thanks, but remember, Tim and I usually make stuff that WE want to use.

Such was the case with FA-3.

We wanted a “full spectrum” fatty acid to combine with Flameout, so we made it.

If you guys want to use it, too, great!
[/quote]

Right, well I’m glad you guys do that. Makes me wonder about the stuff you guys are using and NOT selling… :wink:

TC

I´m on a tight budget right now and I don´t know if I could afford another supp. If you had to choose between Flameout and FA-3, which one would you take (i know this is not ideal)?

[quote]Brett295 wrote:
CT mentioned that he took Flameout and other fatty acids, and he was sweating profusely. Why are these fatty acids causing him to sweat so much? Is it an increased metabolic rate? Is that common for people to experience sweating while supplementing with fatty acids?[/quote]

I’ve asked Christian to come on and answer this himself so we can hear it straight from the sweaty horse’s mouth.

When CT was talking about “burning up” I assume he was talking about a thermogenic effect. Can you comment on how FA3 will aid fat loss?