F**k Cancer

Wow, I feel bad for all you guys. I never had to deal with cancer until the last few weeks. For years, I dated someone who treated me like like shit. When he finally pushed my last button, I blew shit up and never wanted to to see his face again and then found out a few months later he has cancer. I’m not going to say fuck cancer because evil shit lives inside of everyone. You just don’t know if it is going to overpower you someday.

I hope my no one in my family is gonna get cancer.

grandfather died of esophageal cancer.
buddy at the gym finally recovering.

go wes

My wife fought cancer last year and kicked its ass.

Me during my chemo at 150pds.
Now 280pds.
Lock 1 - Cancer 0

I once knew a guy who probably ate healthier than %99.5 of the population. He was a lifter - 230lbs and probably maintained about 10-12% BF year round - and was into “superfoods” before they became trendy. His daily diet was based around many of the foods in Johnny Bowden’s book, he was constantly going on about the ORAC of what he ate, nary a preservative or artificial sweetener ever touched his lips.

He got at least an hour of moderate intensity cardio a day, slept 8 hours a night, and used to brag about the longevity of his bloodline - his genetic lineage was apparently free of cancer and heart disease. The guy looked like an Aryan superman…the kind of guy Hitler would put on a propaganda poster. On top of this, he lived a very balanced life, went to a lot of parties (but never drank), had lots of friends, and banged a lot of hot chicks.

He went to the doctors to complain about a “funny” pain in his lower back, which he attributed to deadlifting. It didn’t go away. Several tests revealed the truth…cancer, which had started in his testicles, traveled up his spine and into several organs.

I don’t know what he weighed at the end, but his mother was said to have lifted him up and cradled him like a baby when he finally passed.

I’m posting this, in part, because some people feel that cancer only hits people with a shitty genetic hand, and people who don’t take care of themselves via neglect or destructive lifestyle habits. I used to feel this way, but this story opened my eyes…and caused me to inspect my giant, dangling balls on a weekly basis.

Living a healthy lifestyle and having good genes greatly reduce your risk of certain types of cancers…but if it has your number, it has your number.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Fuck Cancer.

My mommmy… first diagnosed with ovarian cancer when she was 31. All four of us were little kids. Full hysterectomy (surprise!) but no chemo. Thirteen years later it was back, but spread throughout the body cavity including all over her major arteries. Massive surgery, sliced artery, bleed out, two weeks in ICU. Then a full year of chemo. Full Remission. Last year… something happened to her mind. Indescribable depression. Diagnosed Bipolar. I can’t begin to explain how horrific that was. People do not just BECOME Bi-Polar at age 58.

Guess what - its the fucking cancer again. PET scan shows it spread worse than the last time including the paracardial cavity. We’re now six months into chemo… cancer still showing on PET scans… and her mental stability always a guessing game. When someone is fighting cancer you want them to feel like fighting, not wanting to die.

At least the last year this has been the focus of just about everything. I’m just glad I have my sister because it has taken both of us to hold my mom together. My dad, god love him, denial is a very effective coping mechanism and its one that he employs to the fullest.

Still no matter how shitty this has been, and sometimes I feel like I’ve been going through hell, it could be so so so much worse. Her cancer at least responds mostly to the chemo… it has completely stopped growing and is disappearing from places it used to show up. I do believe we will beat it again.

Fuck Cancer.[/quote]

http://www.bracnow.com/considering-testing/check-inherited-cancer-risk.php

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Fuck Cancer.

My mommmy… first diagnosed with ovarian cancer when she was 31. All four of us were little kids. Full hysterectomy (surprise!) but no chemo. Thirteen years later it was back, but spread throughout the body cavity including all over her major arteries. Massive surgery, sliced artery, bleed out, two weeks in ICU. Then a full year of chemo. Full Remission. Last year… something happened to her mind. Indescribable depression. Diagnosed Bipolar. I can’t begin to explain how horrific that was. People do not just BECOME Bi-Polar at age 58.

Guess what - its the fucking cancer again. PET scan shows it spread worse than the last time including the paracardial cavity. We’re now six months into chemo… cancer still showing on PET scans… and her mental stability always a guessing game. When someone is fighting cancer you want them to feel like fighting, not wanting to die.

At least the last year this has been the focus of just about everything. I’m just glad I have my sister because it has taken both of us to hold my mom together. My dad, god love him, denial is a very effective coping mechanism and its one that he employs to the fullest.

Still no matter how shitty this has been, and sometimes I feel like I’ve been going through hell, it could be so so so much worse. Her cancer at least responds mostly to the chemo… it has completely stopped growing and is disappearing from places it used to show up. I do believe we will beat it again.

Fuck Cancer.[/quote]

http://www.bracnow.com/considering-testing/check-inherited-cancer-risk.php[/quote]

Thank you for that… thank god she does not have the gene(s) she has been tested and her sisters.

Both my grandfathers passed away due to lung cancer which spread. My best friends mum recently passed away from ovarian cancer, his dad also has prostate cancer, both of the sons are my friends, the eldest being 20 and the youngest at 15. Also my other friends mum has just recovered from breast cancer (fortunately). One of my brothers friends daughter recently passed from throat cancer, aged 26…Who doesn’t have it :confused:

FUCK CANCER

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that have battled through such adversity. Life can present us with some unthinkable challenges, but reading these stories highlights the strength of individuals and families, and our power to overcome.

When cut down, we grow back stronger.

All can say is that noone in my famly ever had cancer, despite eiting like shit, drinking and smoking.

After having read those stories there is a lot to be said for a quick, clean heart atack.

Yay me, in all likelyhood I´ll just drop dead.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
I’m not going to say fuck cancer because evil shit lives inside of everyone.[/quote]

What evil shit lives inside of an infant who has a brain tumor or leukemia? If you visit a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and don’t come out saying “fuck cancer” you need a serious lesson in empathy.

Cancer doesn’t discriminate and only kill the ones who deserve it.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I’m posting this, in part, because some people feel that cancer only hits people with a shitty genetic hand, and people who don’t take care of themselves via neglect or destructive lifestyle habits. I used to feel this way, but this story opened my eyes…[/quote]

I’m not sure this can be emphasized enough. Cancer chooses whomever it chooses to take, there’s no predicting it. There are smokers who smoked several packs a day for decades and stayed healthy until their dying day, well into their golden years. There are infants who die from cancer without even developing the brain capacity to make a poor lifestyle decision. There is no justice to cancer. Rationalizing that someone deserves or doesn’t deserve to have cancer is faulty and wasteful thinking.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
I work in a hospital now and the Oncology wing is very difficult for me to work in. I really have to steel myself whenever I get a shift up there. The kids that are 8-12 years old hit me the hardest.[/quote]

Having spent the evening in a nearby Pediatric Intensive Care Unit has reinforced my belief that the PICU is the saddest place I have ever been in. God bless the nurses that work there, and you too.

My mom retold me this story tonight: Years ago she was in the ICU with my brother. She remembers the rooms being full and many babies and small children crying so hard it could be heard throughout the halls. She said something to the nurse about the crying must make it really tough to keep it together while working. The nurse replied, “No, I love it.” My mom asked what she meant. She said, “If they’re crying, it means they still have the will to live.”

My Aunt Zenith, we called her “Baita” (its an Indian thing) died of ovarian cancer. My parents, both being doctors, did everything they could, but it wasn’t enough. She always favored me and stood up for me, and I miss her dearly. I think of her often.