T Nation

F@ck You

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
nik133 wrote:
dean12345 wrote:
I cant stand it. I sit here listening to some former senator on the howard stern show talk about how worthless our effort in afghanistan is. How we should be bringing our troops home and not wasting their lives in afghanistan. How the afghan wR IS WORTHLESS AND UNWINABLE BECAUSE THE " RUSSIANS LOST". Well… shut the fuck up.

Some men amongst you live to fight this enemy. Maybe the reality is we are owned by politicians with their own agendas, but the war is still fought by warriors on the beat, walking patrols, doing raids and running convoys. BNelieve it or not we believe, we make the difference and we can win the battle. But it grows harder with every bit of descencion and disbelief.

So wether I have been doing a fielld op for the last 3 weeks getting ready for our next afghan deployment and drank my ass off tonight to unwind a little, I cant take it anymore, so fuck you.

Rant over,
Goodnight

No one can argue with your patriotism, people argue the reasons surrounding that war (or any war for that matter) and if people feel that the war isn’t justified they have a right to voice their opinion. Isn’t there a saying along the lines of “Every citizen should question every war so soldiers don’t have to.” Stay safe!

Exactly. So now would the OP like to say exactly why we SHOULD be there, instead of just how we can win?[/quote]

Win what?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
I wonder why the far left isn’t screaming at obuma for breaking his campaign promise of bringing the troops home from both wars…Oh wait I forgot they’re in love with him and love is knowing how to forgive…[/quote]

No, love is when you never have to say you’re sorry!

[quote]orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small “inside” group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few â?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations.

For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it. Now that I see the international war clouds gathering, as they are today, I must face it and speak out.

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

[/quote]

68,000 Americans there (Afghanistan) very soon.

I agree that war is a racket. War is designed to keep ruling elites in power. Where would the leadership in Iran be w/o Israel? Where would Kim Jung-Il be without the USA?

Yet war does serve a purpose. Humans are very violent and we need an outlet for our depravity. Controlled regional wars seem to be the outlet for the forseeable future. Let’s face it: we love to hate. We love to crush our enemies without remorse.

Look at how children on a playground surround two kids fighting, cheering them on. I’m sure most everyone here can think of someone in their past that they would LOVE having down on the ground and just pounding the living shit out of them with a baseball bat.

War is a racket but it is much like prostitution, drugs, and gambling. Learn to love ‘em all, cause they ain’t goin’ nowhere.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Yet war does serve a purpose. Humans are very violent and we need an outlet for our depravity. Controlled regional wars seem to be the outlet for the forseeable future. Let’s face it: we love to hate. We love to crush our enemies without remorse.

[/quote]

That is very stupid

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
War is a racket but it is much like prostitution, drugs, and gambling. Learn to love ‘em all, cause they ain’t goin’ nowhere.

[/quote]
The rate of war is decreasing. The number of people being slaughtered by war is also decreasing. As soon as the USofA decides to stop being the world’s LAPD the instance of wars being started will all but fall to zero.

I think you are wrong about the possibility of living with no wars.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small “inside” group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �?�¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations.

For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it. Now that I see the international war clouds gathering, as they are today, I must face it and speak out.

I agree that war is a racket. War is designed to keep ruling elites in power. Where would the leadership in Iran be w/o Israel? Where would Kim Jung-Il be without the USA?

Look at how children on a playground surround two kids fighting, cheering them on. I’m sure most everyone here can think of someone in their past that they would LOVE having down on the ground and just pounding the living shit out of them with a baseball bat.

[/quote]

How are prostitution, drugs and gambling a racket?

The prohibition of such deals is, but the businesses in and of themselves are pretty forward.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

[/quote]

X 2 on this. How is this war “winnable” and how do we know if we “won”? There is no metric that I can identify to do so. The Russians “lost” with our under the table help, yet we went in there anyway to fight the war on “terroism”. Which amounts to stomping on a hill of fire ants, pretty much you wind up with ants all over the place.

Our actions serve to fuel their fight especially since we’re ON THEIR TURF. What would any able American do if we had backyards full of Afghans? What would you do if you were living in downtown Afghanistan? Every “insurgent” is doing what each and everyone of us would be doing if they were in our dojo.

Modern warfare is just an extension of big business. There is so much to be made on general supplies that are required each and every day abroad. Just who is getting the big kickbacks at the price of sending our 20 year olds home in body bags?

BG

[quote]orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �??�?�¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

The prohibition of such deals is, but the businesses in and of themselves are pretty forward.

[/quote]

Making money off of activities that produce nothing of value is, IMO, a racket. Indulging in all of those things (including war) makes most people poorer, except for the few who scam the profits. The world is like Las Vegas, where the owners make the $$$ while most of the visitors get fleeced.

Most people think its a satire/phony, but if you read The Report from Iron Mountain today, it seems oddly accurate:

“The heavily footnoted report concluded that peace was not in the interest of a stable society, that even if lasting peace “could be achieved, it would almost certainly not be in the best interests of society to achieve it.” War was a part of the economy. Therefore, it was necessary to conceive a state of war for a stable economy. The government, the group theorized, would not exist without war, and nation states existed in order to wage war. War also served a vital function of diverting collective aggression. They recommended that bodies be created to emulate the economic functions of war. They also recommended “blood games” and that the government create alternative foes that would scare the people with reports of alien life-forms and out of control pollution. Another proposal was the reinstitution of slavery.”

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �?�¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

X 2 on this. How is this war “winnable” and how do we know if we “won”? There is no metric that I can identify to do so. The Russians “lost” with our under the table help, yet we went in there anyway to fight the war on “terroism”. Which amounts to stomping on a hill of fire ants, pretty much you wind up with ants all over the place.

Our actions serve to fuel their fight especially since we’re ON THEIR TURF. What would any able American do if we had backyards full of Afghans? What would you do if you were living in downtown Afghanistan? Every “insurgent” is doing what each and everyone of us would be doing if they were in our dojo.

Modern warfare is just an extension of big business. There is so much to be made on general supplies that are required each and every day abroad. Just who is getting the big kickbacks at the price of sending our 20 year olds home in body bags?

BG[/quote]

Precisely.

Fighting wars that end as stalemates serves to keep everyone in power. Wars for a major power regime change would unleash a nuclear/bio weapons holocaust. This is why wars have to remain regional.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Our military is the moral glue that holds and will hold this country together. America is the most moral country on earth and if you can sit tight, the scum/libs/America Haters will be shit-roadded out of this country FOREVER.
[/quote]

I love how this idiot says that the USA is the most moral country on earth and then equates liberals as scum and shit. Then follows that up with…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

…this stupid shit.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �??�??�?�¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

Making money off of activities that produce nothing of value is, IMO, a racket. Indulging in all of those things (including war) makes most people poorer, except for the few who scam the profits. The world is like Las Vegas, where the owners make the $$$ while most of the visitors get fleeced.

Most people think its a satire/phony, but if you read The Report from Iron Mountain today, it seems oddly accurate:

“The heavily footnoted report concluded that peace was not in the interest of a stable society, that even if lasting peace “could be achieved, it would almost certainly not be in the best interests of society to achieve it.” War was a part of the economy. Therefore, it was necessary to conceive a state of war for a stable economy. The government, the group theorized, would not exist without war, and nation states existed in order to wage war. War also served a vital function of diverting collective aggression. They recommended that bodies be created to emulate the economic functions of war. They also recommended “blood games” and that the government create alternative foes that would scare the people with reports of alien life-forms and out of control pollution. Another proposal was the reinstitution of slavery.”

[/quote]

Who says that the drug, gambling and sex industry produce nothing of value?

That is an arbitrary subjective value judgment disguised as an objective statement.

Their loyal customers beg to differ.

I come from a military family. I’ve had relatives in just about any branch of the service as late as 1994. The latest was my brother who saw combat action in Kosovo.

Back in the WWII days, war was a different animal, we HAD to get involved and the world was in deep shit. Come Korea, Vietnam and anything else that followed, we got into these un-necessary conflicts for all the wrong reasons.

And today with all the Mid East bullshit wars, our soldiers there are no more than cannon fodder which feeds the businesses that perpetuate these wars. If their families were getting a dividend from Halliburton for example, that might be a worthwhile reason to enlist. I mean that there is a sick amount of money at stake here.

I hate to burst any ideological bubbles out there and may piss off a whole lot of people, but I call it as I see it.

BG

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Making money off of activities that produce nothing of value is, IMO, a racket. Indulging in all of those things (including war) makes most people poorer, except for the few who scam the profits.
[/quote]

I think I will have to disagree with you, yes the house sets up the sport of dice and chance so that they will have the best odds. Yet, with some mathematical genius on my part, I can play all the games of chance with relative profit. I also never go negative for a session in poker.

[quote]and1bball4mk wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Our military is the moral glue that holds and will hold this country together. America is the most moral country on earth and if you can sit tight, the scum/libs/America Haters will be shit-roadded out of this country FOREVER.

I love how this idiot says that the USA is the most moral country on earth and then equates liberals as scum and shit. Then follows that up with…

Headhunter wrote:

…this stupid shit.
[/quote]

Were you planning to somehow make an argument or just vomit and see where it splatters? Liberals have betrayed this country. In 1913, out national debt was 2.9 billion dollars. It is now trillions upon trillions…thanks to Progressives, libs, and unthinking munchkins like you. “Gee, what other goodies can we spend money on?”

You vote people like Obama, Teddy Kennedy, and Nancy Pelosi into power, then wonder why the country’s in the toilet. Well, you voted it there.

[quote]orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �??�??�??�?�¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

That is an arbitrary subjective value judgment disguised as an objective statement.

[/quote]

Something is of value if it maintains or enhances Man as a rational being. None of those 3 (and war) does anything of the sort. illicit drugs are to stop thinking using chemicals, prostitution is to stop thinking using sluts, and gambling is to stop thinking using mindless greed (to obtain the unearned through sheer luck).

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

…this stupid shit.

Were you planning to somehow make an argument or just vomit and see where it splatters? Liberals have betrayed this country. In 1913, out national debt was 2.9 billion dollars. It is now trillions upon trillions…thanks to Progressives, libs, and unthinking munchkins like you. “Gee, what other goodies can we spend money on?”

You vote people like Obama, Teddy Kennedy, and Nancy Pelosi into power, then wonder why the country’s in the toilet. Well, you voted it there.

[/quote]

Sometimes I really wonder about you… and1bball4mk’s main point was obviously the apparent hypocrisy in your original statement. In one breath you decry liberals as immoral, yet in the next breath you desperately try to justify one of the greatest sorts of moral atrocities–war. Whether or not liberals represent “scum” or not isn’t the point.

sigh

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few �??�??�??�??�?�¢?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

Something is of value if it maintains or enhances Man as a rational being. None of those 3 (and war) does anything of the sort. illicit drugs are to stop thinking using chemicals, prostitution is to stop thinking using sluts, and gambling is to stop thinking using mindless greed (to obtain the unearned through sheer luck).

[/quote]

Not only are you a party pooper, but also your claim that value somehow must " maintain(s) or enhance (s) Man as a rational being" is highly questionable in his subjectivity.

I think hat Miss Rand would have accepted that we pursue highly irrational goals in a rational way, and that that is what makes us “rational” animals, not the claimed “rationality” of our genetic programming.

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
and1bball4mk wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Headhunter wrote:

…this stupid shit.

Sometimes I really wonder about you… and1bball4mk’s main point was obviously the apparent hypocrisy in your original statement. In one breath you decry liberals as immoral, yet in the next breath you desperately try to justify one of the greatest sorts of moral atrocities–war. Whether or not liberals represent “scum” or not isn’t the point.

sigh [/quote]

You disagree with my premise, therefore think I have stated a contradiction. I submit that you don’t understand the difference.

Liberals create big governments. Big governments like to exert power. Such exertion often leads to conflict with other governments, especially as time goes on and the big government attracts human ‘rats’ to it. Liberals cause wars.

Wars are certainly atrocities (and therefore liba are scum) but then again war is very natural. We love war. We’ve had about 4400 wars in recorded history. But to continue to have major wars would end us. Therefore, like letting your children out to play, we have to have regional wars, to prevent major wars from building up.

[quote]orion wrote:

Not only are you a party pooper, but also your claim that value somehow must " maintain(s) or enhance (s) Man as a rational being" is highly questionable in his subjectivity.

I think hat Miss Rand would have accepted that we pursue highly irrational goals in a rational way, and that that is what makes us “rational” animals, not the claimed “rationality” of our genetic programming.

[/quote]

Yeah, I guess I am a party pooper. Somehow, drinking low doses of protoplasmic poisons and then having mindless sex with an inebriated slut never appealed to me.

Pursuing an irrational goal purposely, knowing that one part of your goal conflicts with another part of your goal, is insane. I’m thinking of someone, for ex, who wants to be a world class rock climber and who also wants to do delicate surgery for a living. Rock climbing can really mess up your hands, so one shouldn’t pursue both. I’m sure there are some who do and they might be lucky enough to avoid hand injuries, but you see my point.