F@ck You

I cant stand it. I sit here listening to some former senator on the howard stern show talk about how worthless our effort in afghanistan is. How we should be bringing our troops home and not wasting their lives in afghanistan. How the afghan wR IS WORTHLESS AND UNWINABLE BECAUSE THE " RUSSIANS LOST". Well… shut the fuck up.

Some men amongst you live to fight this enemy. Maybe the reality is we are owned by politicians with their own agendas, but the war is still fought by warriors on the beat, walking patrols, doing raids and running convoys. BNelieve it or not we believe, we make the difference and we can win the battle. But it grows harder with every bit of descencion and disbelief.

So wether I have been doing a fielld op for the last 3 weeks getting ready for our next afghan deployment and drank my ass off tonight to unwind a little, I cant take it anymore, so fuck you.

Rant over,
Goodnight

Thank you sir for risking your life for my family’s & my own freedom.

I hear ya bruddah, not much more I can say because I don’t want to feed the tongue waggers. But I hear ya.

Congratulations. You have a different political agenda than someone else.

I’ve never seen something like that before.

We should make an entire forum dedicated to topics like this.

You know, so we can all just yell about shit, try to prove each other wrong, and just get more pissed off in the process. Ahhh, politics are just so American.

I’m not going to pretend that I know a whole lot about the efforts that you guys are putting in, I know we’ve lost some good men to this war, and I see that our troops are trying to help these people in the areas of farming, infrastructure etc. I don’t think the Russians did more then try to blast Afghanistan into compliance.
War is never popular and it shouldn’t be, so don’t let the assholes ruin your day.
OP, I hope you had a fun and safe drunk last night, and I support you and everyone else over there and at home trying to get the job done.
Thank-You!

I lost a good friend in the war. When that happened alot of their cousins questioned the war and got mad at it, but some accepted it as a honorable death, from his death we all live, but to what limit does this statement stand?
I pray for you guys over there, to make it home.

so you want to be in Afghanistan?

[quote]dean12345 wrote:
I cant stand it. I sit here listening to some former senator on the howard stern show talk about how worthless our effort in afghanistan is. How we should be bringing our troops home and not wasting their lives in afghanistan. How the afghan wR IS WORTHLESS AND UNWINABLE BECAUSE THE " RUSSIANS LOST". Well… shut the fuck up.

Some men amongst you live to fight this enemy. Maybe the reality is we are owned by politicians with their own agendas, but the war is still fought by warriors on the beat, walking patrols, doing raids and running convoys. BNelieve it or not we believe, we make the difference and we can win the battle. But it grows harder with every bit of descencion and disbelief.

So wether I have been doing a fielld op for the last 3 weeks getting ready for our next afghan deployment and drank my ass off tonight to unwind a little, I cant take it anymore, so fuck you.

Rant over,
Goodnight[/quote]

No one can argue with your patriotism, people argue the reasons surrounding that war (or any war for that matter) and if people feel that the war isn’t justified they have a right to voice their opinion. Isn’t there a saying along the lines of “Every citizen should question every war so soldiers don’t have to.” Stay safe!

[quote]dean12345 wrote:

Rant over,
Goodnight[/quote]

Thank you for fighting for my freedom and theirs. You are a true hero.

Fight on, man! I hate to see troops having to fight anywhere, but I love to see one like you that believes in what you do. Thank you and God bless.

Have fun…

[quote]dean12345 wrote:

Rant over,
Goodnight[/quote]

Our military is the moral glue that holds and will hold this country together. America is the most moral country on earth and if you can sit tight, the scum/libs/America Haters will be shit-roadded out of this country FOREVER.

WAR IS A RACKET

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small “inside” group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few â?? the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations.

For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it. Now that I see the international war clouds gathering, as they are today, I must face it and speak out.

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

The issue at hand is NOT whether the thread starter is a patriot OR whether American troops would put their life on the line for us. Everyone agrees with that (I hope). I am grateful everyday that those brave men and women have made a commitment to our country!

The question is: why are we borrowing billions of dollars (and taxing ourselves silly) during a time when people in this country are broke and jobless, and OUR CURRENCY IS WORTH ALMOST NOTHING, to fund this effort that will saddle our children and grandchildren with tremendous debt (well, MORE debt anyways)?

Yes, there may occasionally be terrorist attacks in this country (I would argue that cannot be controlled no matter how much you spend or how much war you fight). But I am having a hard time seeing that the terrorist attacks are worth all of our attention (and finances!) when we are facing a complete meltdown of the dollar, and, as we have seen in other threads, eroding of our freedoms here at home!!!

YES Terrorism is a threat to our lifestyle here in America…but is it the most salient threat? I would prefer to see the troops brought home, and all of those trillions of dollars spent elsewhere (paying off the debt we are passing on to our children OR in the pockets of hardworking Americans). AND I WOULD ALSO PREFER TO SEE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOMS SECURED HERE AT HOME (patriot act, cap and trade, government bailouts, etc.) BEFORE WE GO FIGHT FOR THEM ABROAD.

May God Bless all the troops and to the thread starter: I will be praying for your safety. Really!

Stay safe,
-David

[quote]SSC wrote:
Congratulations. You have a different political agenda than someone else.

I’ve never seen something like that before.

We should make an entire forum dedicated to topics like this.

You know, so we can all just yell about shit, try to prove each other wrong, and just get more pissed off in the process. Ahhh, politics are just so American.[/quote]

Wholly amazing isn’t it?

[quote]dean12345 wrote:

Rant over,
Goodnight[/quote]

Fuck it.
If you waste some rag-heads it’s making a difference.

My two-cents.

[quote]orion wrote:
WAR IS A RACKET, by Smedley Butler
[/quote]

I first read that when I was ten. Its stayed with me, and is a good piece. Good post.

Congratulations sir, and thank you for being brave among the other armed force brethren.

I however have to agree this is an unnecessary war, exactly how are a bunch of goat herders going to make an attack on America.

• Brother

P.S. I wish I owned an Arms/Ammo/Artillery company right now though.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
dean12345 wrote:

Rant over,
Goodnight

No one can argue with your patriotism, people argue the reasons surrounding that war (or any war for that matter) and if people feel that the war isn’t justified they have a right to voice their opinion. Isn’t there a saying along the lines of “Every citizen should question every war so soldiers don’t have to.” Stay safe![/quote]

Exactly. So now would the OP like to say exactly why we SHOULD be there, instead of just how we can win?