F Calories, F Protein, F Carbs, F Fat

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
While I agree that humans suck, it is absolutely retarded to say that cals in vs cals out doesn’t matter. While I don’t necessarily “count” my cals, I have a pretty damn good idea of where I’m at most days, and I’m making pretty solid progress. When progress slows, I’ll use the super scientific approach of “more” at each meal, but I’ll still know roughly where I’m at.[/quote]

I’m with ya, having a general idea is good, and knowing how to adjust as need be.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:
…you never fail to amaze me.[/quote]

Thought you were done with this site

This OP is one of the reasons I dont read Tnat really at all anymore[/quote]

Perhaps you would like to contribute to give your opinion on the matter, it’s ok to disagree ya know[/quote]

Exactly.

ryanb, it won’t always be about what YOU learn from the site/forums, but what you can share/contribute to the benefit of OTHERS here who might not be as far along the journey…

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
While I agree that humans suck, it is absolutely retarded to say that cals in vs cals out doesn’t matter. While I don’t necessarily “count” my cals, I have a pretty damn good idea of where I’m at most days, and I’m making pretty solid progress. When progress slows, I’ll use the super scientific approach of “more” at each meal, but I’ll still know roughly where I’m at.[/quote]

I’m with ya, having a general idea is good, and knowing how to adjust as need be.[/quote]

Right on. I misunderstood your stance at first. Some people can be super rigid, eat 6-8 meals a day and know EXACTLY how each meal is broken down. That plain doesn’t work for me. I get in 4 good whole food meals and a pw shake on days I’m lifting. Some days I only manage 3 meals and maybe a snack. There’s no timetable to when I’m eaing, and I don’t taper carbs or anything later. I just eat high protein, high cal meals, drink a ton of water and bust my ass. Since adopting this strategy, progress is actually as good as it’s been in a long time [knock on wood]. Being a slave to the fork sucks.

I have certain eating habits I follow every day. The meals are built around good quality food, with a good amount of the macros I need, but they’re not precise in any certain amount, but they’re consistent from day to day.

I’ve been gaining weight at a good pace thus far, maybe a little more fat than I want, so I can easily make one adjustment to decrease calories and/or carbs without counting/weighing anything. it’s great.