T Nation

F Calories, F Protein, F Carbs, F Fat

Yeah, I said it. Humans suck for ever coming up with this faulty logic/system… we eat food, well we should anyways, most eat food products these days.

Case in point, the topic on this page where someone is worried about if BCAAs and fish oil should count towards their macros.

Fuck Calories In/Calories Out, fuck “If it fits your macros”…

who wants to live life like that.

and for weight loss CICO obviously doesn’t work in the long-term, the success rate is atrocious, the body will always win…

this article sparked this thread http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-jade-teta/weight-loss_b_1578872.html

JF - not sure how serious you are, but no one (with a clue) is acting like hormones don’t matter.

And by the same token, it’s silly to pretend that CICO & IIFYM aren’t simple and effective tools for fat loss progress.
They are.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
and for weight loss CICO obviously doesn’t work in the long-term, the success rate is atrocious, the body will always win… [/quote]

Also, you’re cherry-picking contexts here. No doubt the long-term success rate is atrocious in SEDENTARY, UNTRAINED individuals. But how about those who DO train regularly, time their carbs intake appropriately, schedule periodic re-feeds, you see where I’m goin with this…

(edited)

/facepalm

People get too hung up on the numbers. There seems to be an abundance of folks that think if their body doesn’t get x number of grams protein/carbs/cals/penises, their body some how not only knows what this magic number is, but will refuse to build muscle/lose fat/get stronger if said number isn’t achieved. I’m not going to say counting calories and macros is worthless, because it’s not, but people become obsessed with it and think it’s the end all be all of body composition when in reality it’s a single variable when countless others come into play.

Good Read Maybe this explains my massive gains… I’m activating more hormones :slight_smile:

[quote]chillain wrote:
JF - not sure how serious you are, but no one (with a clue) is acting like hormones don’t matter.

And by the same token, it’s silly to pretend that CICO & IIFYM aren’t simple and effective tools for fat loss progress.
They are.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
and for weight loss CICO obviously doesn’t work in the long-term, the success rate is atrocious, the body will always win… [/quote]

Also, you’re cherry-picking contexts here. No doubt the long-term success rate is atrocious in SEDENTARY, UNTRAINED individuals. But how about those who DO train regularly, time their carbs intake appropriately, scheduled periodic re-feeds, you see where I’m goin with this…

(edited)
[/quote]

Let me put it this way. For 99% of the people on this forum, worrying about their macros is keeping them from their goals. Unless someone is stepping on stage, the difference between them eating say 250g protein everyday and 200g won’t make a shit of difference in life.

In fact, if they just loosened up, adopting some basic eating strategies of what bigger guys do, they would be better off and spend less time spinning their wheels. The reverse would be true for fat loss.

Now, someone trying to get to 4% body fat, that is likely another story.

I guess my main point though, is in relation to the general public looking to just be healthier and lose some weight.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
…A Lot of F-Bombs…[/quote]

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

Let me put it this way. For 99% of the people on this forum, worrying about their macros is keeping them from their goals.
[/quote]

x infinity

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
In fact, if they just loosened up, adopting some basic eating strategies of what bigger guys do, they would be better off and spend less time spinning their wheels. [/quote]
I think its just a learning curve. The truly impressive guys around here have been at it for years if not decades. Most of the people losing sight of the forest for the trees are beginners with information overload courtesy of the internet/magazines/shitty supplement companies. It takes awhile to weed through all that garbage and figure makes sense and what you can live with.

I don’t understand?

…you never fail to amaze me.

[quote]facko wrote:
…you never fail to amaze me.[/quote]

Thought you were done with this site

This OP is one of the reasons I dont read Tnat really at all anymore

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:
…you never fail to amaze me.[/quote]

Thought you were done with this site

This OP is one of the reasons I dont read Tnat really at all anymore[/quote]

lol, had no clue facko replied, the beauty of ignore lists. If people really have an issue with a poster (even myself) it’s a great thing

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:
…you never fail to amaze me.[/quote]

Thought you were done with this site

This OP is one of the reasons I dont read Tnat really at all anymore[/quote]

Perhaps you would like to contribute to give your opinion on the matter, it’s ok to disagree ya know

haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mSLf5IIRKVs

All I have to say on this matter.

I have tracked my macros and still do. I think it is good to show how much of certain things are required. Kinda like the guys that say they eat a whole lot but don’t break 2000 cals a day. Maybe a little tracking will show them how much or little someone should be eating based on their goals. If you’ve never tracked anything how could you know?

Read the article in OP. Basically says don’t be retarded.

Brb going off to share life changing message
Brb gotta inform IIFYM guys that the hormones effect body composition
Brb gotta warn people IIFYM is bad because someone might just eat Hot Dogs and Doritos
Brb informing IIFYM guys micronutrients matter to a degree.

Hey I’m back, they said they already knew that.

While I agree that humans suck, it is absolutely retarded to say that cals in vs cals out doesn’t matter. While I don’t necessarily “count” my cals, I have a pretty damn good idea of where I’m at most days, and I’m making pretty solid progress. When progress slows, I’ll use the super scientific approach of “more” at each meal, but I’ll still know roughly where I’m at.

I still don’t understand?

CICO and IIFYM are effective for weight loss.

Your hormonal balance is even more important for fat loss. Most of us here should be trying to get the best out of our hormones by eating and practicing good life habits (nutritionally dense foods, regular healthy sleep pattern, avoiding drugs etc.) I don’t understand your point?

I choose to count every calorie and macro because I’m more dedicated than most and well… obsessed.